• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you really want to live forever [valley kids;dem,eight,whatev]
    forever young, i want to be forever young
    Father says he has an important job for her as he leads her to the Valley. He doesn't often take her places, insisting her time is better spent in the safety of their home. It's true she supposes, she knows the ways of the world already, better than most children her age. She knew she was special and that others would try to use her gifts, that's why she musn't let them.

'Always get them before they get you Potion' Always use it if needed he said. If they hurt you, if they try to hurt you, then hurt them first.

Today wasn't one of those sorts of days, today she had a job, today was an adventure. They were going to the Valley to see some of the children. War was brewing, they could smell the smoke in the air and hear the cries that littered airways, both horse and wild animal alike. Father said they needed all the fighters they could manage so it was Potion's job to help. The young buckskin would need to make them older, just for the war, just for a while. She would need to make them useful to their Kingdom because children were often not at times like these.

She nods, walking alongside Kirin without complaint, she was ready to do this, she was excited.

"Demian, we're here. Have you gathered your young?" Her father calls as they enter, a foggy film seeming to cover the Valley's borders. He nudges Potion on the flank, urging her forward with a firm prodding.

"Yes Father," She says without being spoken to walking with confidence for someone so young. A healthy sense of discovery and curiosity in her eyes as she takes in their surroundings. "You wish to be big?" She smiles looking at the children assembled, though truly she is a child herself even if she may not look it. Today she is grown, Kirin decided that would be most beneficial in case the odd encounter occurred. It was also somewhat of a disguise, even if they knew the child Potion, they may not know the mare.
    Potion
    Kirin x Nicia

@[Affirmative]

“I don’t want to stay home! I want to go join the fight!”

The nonstop grumbling of the little chestnut colt is enough to grind on anybody’s nerves, but thankfully he is mostly alone in the Valley (if not, the little shit probably would’ve gotten a kick to the cheek by now, he’s that annoying) as everyone else HAS GONE OFF TO WAR. Even his dear ol’ mum, who, if we’re being quite honest, is not in a sound enough state of mind to be assisting in any kind of fighting, has disappeared to help out in the case of badly injured allies. It’s so stupid. Why can’t Flamebrand go? He’ll be a year old in just a few weeks! Definitely old enough to help his kingdom.

Stupid adults.

He finds the pair without much difficulty, near the Valley’s border. The pretty buckskin mare is asking if they want to be big, and the colt with the mane that looks like fire steps forward boldly, knowing exactly what she is asking of them. “I want to be big,” he tells the woman—who, oddly enough, is but a girl herself thrown into the body of a woman—trying to look as adult-like as possible as his small feathered wings unfurl. They are as black as ash, a great contrast to his body that looks like molten lava. He is not quite a child but not yet old enough to be called an adult, but if she can make him into an adult, he is more than willing.

“I want to fight for the Valley,” he says proudly, puffing out his chest. “Can you make me older, please?”

FLAMEBRAND
    they say this should feel something like fire