• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What is a friend? [Titanium]

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The bulky stag found himself in the meadow, he was curious to what horses would be in here today. Although the winter season prooved to be a draught for growing his herd. Most horses stayed in there kingdoms protection during the winter, and he would rather be there. But his mission was clear, and he wanted to grow his herd, he wanted more kin.

The stag raised his head as the wind blew, lifting his mane of his neck as though it was whispering to him. He took a deep breath, breathing in the brittle air, so cold it was hard to breathe. The sun was setting and the moon was rising, the temperature was also quickly dropping, he was hoping to find one horse to court and bring back to the falls although the meadow was rather quiet tonight. A scent was lingering, one that he knew but it was not a Falls horse and he could not put a name to the smell.

archam

@[Titanium]
    The dry, telltale grass of winter crunches under the stallion's hooves as he weaves through the meadow with an almost bored expression, though he tries to look alive for those he's trying to attract. Seeing as the field has been busy on every visit he has taken there,  he thought he'd try a run at the meadow for some loners on the outskirts of the herds and kingdoms.  So far his efforts here are proving just as fruitful as his efforts there. He snorts out loud in annoyance, the air streaming from his nostrils visible in the frigid air, and stomps his back hoof once in almost a child-like tantrum.

He is almost at the end of his rope, but forces himself to continue searching with a growing desperation. The open herdland in the Chamber will not stay that way forever. And if he is not to find a place there, what then? 

He freezes as a familiar scent crosses his nostrils, one he immediately associates with the meadow before anything else. For a split second, he considers stealing the mare here, before his brain continues and forces him to realize the stench is very clearly male. He nearly groans as he realizes it must be the annoying stallion he continues to compete with for attention in the field. He wants to leave, but he knows that if he can smell Archam, Archam can smell him, and he does not want to give the stag the pleasure of driving him away from the meadow. So instead he goes towards it, his tail swishing as though he is swatting away a fly. He smirks as he can see the stallion's coat, a smudge against the landscape. "So how goes the thief's life?" He drawls accusingly, sharp dislike etched into the creases of his face and into his voice.

Oh my gosh I love them already xD

The familiar scent grew stronger and it appeared to be heading in the direction of Archam, he was quickly able to decifer it as a stag and grunted hoping it wasnt the dreadful Titanium.

His luck had run out....the stag revealed himself and it was Titanium. Archam gave a snort, he would rather be alone than with this horse. Although his annoyance was quick to turn into a smirk as the stag called him a thief, a simple reminder that Archam had won the heart of a mare over Titanium.

"Well, Titanium, since I have a herd and a home, I would say life is great" he gave a smirk looking at the stag, flicking his tail with impatience. The meadow was dead and with no scent but these two he had not reason to stay in the meadow. Although he did not mind the company of Titanium, he wasn't quite sure what the feeling was, but he enjoyed the competition these to shared. He of course would never tell that to Titanium, he would enjoy that to much.

archam

OOC: hehehe this is gunna be fun!
    So he admits he's a thief, the stallion thinks in surprise. That response certainly isn't the one he had thought or hoped to receive. He had almost wanted the fellow herd stallion to be as immature as he inwardly was, counting every loss and mulling over them all every chance he got. He immediately rushes to cover it, surprise being one emotion he never wanted to display to this strange horse. He lets out a snort of derision, much like the one he had privately held back when they had met Naledi. Every part of him tingles with dislike. 

That dislike inflames when he realizes exactly what the stallion has said to him. "Oh, lucky you," He snarls out, grinding the tip of his front hooves into the dirt. "How easy it must be to have everything served up on a silver platter for you." He realizes how bitter he sounds and faces away, almost quivering in anger. Doesn't this ignorant horse realize that in order to have a home, you must have a herd? And in order for these mares to want to come with you, you must have a home? 

Unlike Archam, at present he feels nothing for this stallion and the easy banter they seem to share other than dislike, which is cold and lodged within his throat like a lump of rock swallowed accidentally with a mouthful of grass. Mainly because, as much as he hates it, he envies what the other stallion has. He shakes his mane once, then remains still. He is not going to be the first to walk away from the conversation. 

(My characters just keep surprising me....)

Archam gave a laugh as he caught the stallion off guard with his response, this was turning out to be a fun encounter. "Hey now...thats not fair, I work hard for everything I get" the stag laughed and pranced around him, having fun with every step. the stag flicked his tail letting it hit the one in front of him on his leg, he was not looking for a fight though, just friendly competition. 

"I have a proposition for you" he said with a keen smirk directed towards Titanium "I can bring you back to my kingdom and you can join a Caste, although you have to be my recruit" Archam couldnt help but laugh, the stallion needed a kingdom to court mares.

archam

OOC: This is getting good!
    "Like you know what it means to work hard," The stallion grumbles, but somehow he knows this isn't fair. The other horse had taken just as many trips to the field as he had, he just had a better way with words. But now that he's said it, he's not going to take it back. He watches in confusion as the other stallion dances around him, prancing on the tips of his hooves. Is this horse actually....enjoying this? "Glad to know my struggles amuse you," He remarks dryly, his ears flicking from straight to flat. He bends down to take a bite of the brownish shoots, shaking his head from side to side.

What the stallion says next, however, makes the cold grass fall from between his teeth. He drops it as his neck bends upward again and stares in confusion. Why would he offer such a thing? Then it dawns on him at the word 'recruit'. "Ahhh, you're recruiting me to help you," He remarks in disgust. He smirks at the idea. "Sorry, sonny boy, looks like I'm going to have to pass you up on that one." He certainly doesn't want Archam's help to make his own way. But joining a kingdom doesn't sound too bad. In fact, it's not a bad idea. Maybe someday. But it'll be his choice, not this stallion's.

Eep the thing going on right now in the field sort of messed up our timeline. Oops. So, perhaps he declines once, and then after Silic joins with him, then he comes to the kingdom?

The stag gave a snort at Titaniums quick reflex to shut him down "awh dont have that attitude, you just have to learn to read a mares body language" he tried giving a helpful tip he was sure Titanium would deny. Archam figured Titanium was new to the bachelor life and still had to get into the groove of courting mares. In no time he would find his first mare. 

Archam pinned his ears back as the stag rejected his recruitment. He had high hopes Titanium would come with him, he enjoyed the comptetive conversations they held. It turned into a game that Archam could play. "Well my offer will always stand, i know you like me" Archam gave a grin as the last sentence came out. He flicked his tail and pawed at the snow until some dead grass was showing. Her lowered his head grabbing a mouthfull before looking back at Titanium

archam

OOC:have silic come to this thread?
    "Oh gee, body language! Thanks, buddy, I had never thought of that before," The Nokota mutters sarcastically. Body language never has been and never will be his friend. Everyone's just different enough that he feels disoriented when he tries to read someone he barely knows. Besides, knowing his luck some mare will see him staring at her body and think him a perverted stranger. He drags his back hoof along the ground at the thought, but doesn't ask for anything further. Truly, he wants to know how Archam does it, but he'd rather rip out his own throat with a stone than ask.

He eyes the other stallion as he speaks, surprising him yet again by remaining light and cheery despite Titanium's rejection. That is strange. As are many other things about this encounter. He snorts at Archam's final dig and stares at the sky, when he finally realizes. Archam isn't just playing with him. He's also serious- no more than half of this is a joke to him, whereas Titanium had thought up to this point it was all in jest. His eyes widen ever so slightly and to cover it he takes another bite of grass, nearly choking at the dry taste.  "...You wish," He says finally, his wit and aptitude for quick and easy comebacks quickly fading.

Yeah, we'd have to do a skip, though.. since this entire meeting was sort of based off of Titanium not having a mare yet.... unless you were thinking of something different? My mind is all sorts of strange tonight...

Archam gave  laugh at Titaniums sarcastic repsonse to body language, although Archam wasnt lying, you can tell by body language if a mare is scared to be alone or if she will put up an attitude.

Titanium was just as quick to deny Archams reach to join the Falls for a second time, he didnt know why but Archam was annoyd by his rejection. He generally wanted to shed blood with every stag he came across, but for some odd reason he wanted Titanium to join his kingdom. He knew that if Titanium joined the kingdom he would have to compete and they would always see the mares each other had courted. Although that could call for some added fun, regardless the stag wanted Titanium for whatever sick reason.

He gave a huff and couldnt muster a response to the stag, if he didnt want to come to the Falls than this conversation was over.

archam