• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got scars that can't be seen | speck

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head,
    save your life by keeping whispers unsaid.

The air threads itself along his delicate, fragile wings, brushing a small fraction of his sensitive scales away with each new wave of wind. It trails along his spine, causing him to shiver involuntarily, shifting his six legs slightly beneath himself. His dark eyes peer out into the darkness, though it is brilliant and well-lit for him, for his complex eyesight can see much more than the average eye. He can piece together the image of the wavering tendrils of wheat, the faint variance in foliage across the landscape, and finally the bubbling brook trailing through the soil. The water gently ripples and pools over the smooth stones beneath the surface; a solace to his tender hearing. He savors the simplicity of night and the quiet that follows. The bright light from the moon bathes his mottled champagne skin, dousing him with a reflective light that both illuminates and invigorates him.

It is at night when he feels most alive.

He steps forward - he is graceful, if nothing else, with his four forelegs and two hindlegs - lowering his neck to allow the tall stems of greenery brush his cheek. He cannot close his eyes, for he has no eyelids to shield them with, but he allows himself to lose his focus. Everything becomes a blur. The night sky, the gentle breeze and the warm spring atmosphere engulf him fully. He senses a large blossoming plant near his tongue, and he takes a moment to drink of its nectar, his lips parting and his long proboscis unraveling and tucking deeply within the blossom.

Once his thirst is sated, he lifts his long, slender neck, finding himself startled to see someone else so close. His senses are filled with her and he feels overwhelmed and lightheaded. He steps back, maintaining his distance but she has captured his attention. She is close enough that he can piece together her gentle curves, her bronze sheen and the faint tint of lime and lemon fruits tangled within her tresses. He watches her, captivated by her inward light, but he is nonetheless wary. 

He knows how most react when they see him for the first time; he remembers well and he is reminded each day.

elysium

no mercy from the edge of the blade,
    dare escape and learn the price to be paid.

I could feel the adrenaline coarse through my body as I ran. The wind wove itself through my mane and went blasting out the other side. Surely if there were flies following me they would be captured by the vortex. I tossed my head upwards and let out an uproarious laugh. It filled my chest with freedom and relief. I simply exhaled heavily once the noise sputtered away. My legs were filled with another type of spirit. They held power and strength within their tiny dimensions. My hooves caught the dirt and lift tiny dents in the green carpet as I flew by. I flew by rows of trees, mounds of earth, and several tall, chattering horses. I barely caught hints of their scent as I dodged my way around them. I am sure I looked more like a careless filly then an adult mare, but little did I care. I knew how to live with more life and passion than all of them combined.

Usually when I sprinted my way through the meadow it was during the height of the day. The sun and the heat invigorated me. It always shined brightly against my coat, complimenting the one unique value that it possessed (the yellow and green highlights, of course!). Today was different. I am not sure why I descended upon the meadow when the sky was falling to sleep- but I hadn’t gotten most of my energy out. AND who can sleep with reams of life pulsating through their veins? Not me!

I crisscrossed through several duos, maybe a trio or two before I grew thirsty. It didn’t take much to fill up my small belly, which was good because I hated filling up. I turned quickly and without slowing my speed in the direction of the brook that curled itself around the common grounds. I made my way with heavy-footed hooves and with my unfurled mane growing bigger in the wind. I am sure I was a silly sight, so I laughed again. My laughter would have normally turned into giggles, but instead as soon as I saw the figure standing so delicately in my path- it turned into horror. My hooves pushed forward (I thought it would help me break), but instead I went tumbling over. My butt flung forward twisting my head in a direction I had not yet learned could actually happen. Soon enough I landed in a curled position below the other horse. I moaned. ”Owww…..”
    speck
    tiny daughter of brennen and bother

He is enamored with her and her wild spirit; the way her laughter carelessly rings like a tolling bell and echoes in the emptiness of the plain draws him in closer beneath the pale moonlight. His wings flinch slightly, their scales shimmering gently beneath the aura of the night sky, causing him to have an unearthly glow to his unusual skin. His compound eyes more easily search the darkness of night for her picture, which glimmers as well - her burnt sienna pelt and freely falling tendrils of caramel and lime shake and settle along her neck, encapsulating the illustrious light that she herself seems to create on her own.

His gaze focuses on her so long, and so intently, that he does not seem to notice that she is growing closer to him and within a matter of seconds, he finds himself recoiling as she begins to tumble, twist and turn, all barreling towards him at an unnatural speed before settling beneath him. He pauses, uncertain of her condition (or even his own), until he hears her softly moan beneath him. He steps to the side, his four forelegs and two hindlegs moving with an eerie grace as he settles a foot away from her. Gently, he leans down - again, wary of her reaction but hopeful that one so free spirited would not shy away from him in terror - and brushed the flat of his flushed nose against her shoulder, nudging her ever so gently.

Though usually he would maintain distance, he worried for a moment that she may be injured, and that was enough to push him beyond his own boundaries. His wings gently spread up towards the moon, bathing the transparent critlin in its light, shielding her with a shadow replica of the intricate pattern of his moth-like wings.

Softly, he speaks, his lips tugging at a smile.

"Are you all right? That was quite a fall."

elysium

It all hurts- which is a relief because it means that I am still alive. The moan did little to relieve the throbbing pain in my head so I let out another one for good measure. I wait. Nope, doesn’t work. Luckily- or rather embarrassingly (for me at least) the other horse takes the first move and brushes my shoulder lightly. A part of me simply wants to keep my eyes closed and pretend to be dead. I can see it now “Well Bother…your daughter died of embarrassment.” It isn’t like she’d even be surprised then again she might be surprised that I could get embarrassed with all my weird antics and what not. Maybe the other horse was forgettable or it might have missed the entirety of the fall. Chances are I made little noise (Ah! Who am I kidding, I screamed like the girl I am). I guess I would have to accept it- He saw me. And clearly the horse is a he for as soon as I realize he saw me the horse speaks and with such a handsome voice at that.

My eyes are still clamped shut. I am debating what I should do next or rather how I should impress this deeply, sexy voiced horse. I could whip my body up and pretend like nothing happened all the while flipping my mane- yes, yes that could totally work. Slowly I begin to place my front right hoof on the dirt, and I wince. Abort plan- no standing. I guess my gorgeous eyes would have to do.

”Um…yeah…” I begin to speak as I finally relinquish the dark and open my elusive yet enrapturing blue eyes. My words get cut off when all I see is an intricate pattern shading the night sky. ”my….god….that’s beautiful” I simply say with awe. After a moment I peel my eyes away from sky to merely follow it to the handsome-voiced horse. His large, dark eyes are looking at me. I blush- and thank to the heavens horses have fur covering their cheeks. ”Oh, hi there”

speck

He watches her struggle, her limbs too sore and weak from their tumultuous fall to withstand her weight, and he sees the flash of pain that lingers across the soft, kind features of her face. It is then that he pieces together the fragments of her entirety, taking in the way her back gently slopes and the way her hips swell. She is undoubtedly feminine, and when she finally opens her bright blue eyes to meet with his own, he is momentarily stunned. Once more, he finds himself elusively drawn to her - that same light emanating from the depths of her unwavering pools. He savors the brief moment of eye contact, before she is abruptly awestruck.

He follows her gaze, studying his own thin, intricately designed wings, and with a simple shake, the shadow was now cast over her, painting her soft copper pelt with the same unusual pattern. He cannot hide the smile that tugs again at the corners of his mouth as she stares beyond his strange features - he knows of only one other who has ever done so, and he had come to consider his King a close friend as a result - and he can feel the tension slowly roll out of his dual shoulders.

His multiple limbs shift and his talons sift at the moist soil beneath, deeply rooting him a bit more. Her words spill out in wonderment, and he can feel himself recoiling slightly. Embarrassment was not an emotion he experienced often, but it washed over him like the thick blanket of night - he tried to ignore it, a soft chuckle rising from the depths of his throat as he tried to rearrange it into amusement.

He was flattered, though, in many ways.

No one had referred to his wings as beautiful before. Nor any other part of him, for that matter.

"Thank you - I appreciate that;" He muses softly, pausing to tuck his spindly, eerily moving legs beneath him as he lowers himself to the ground beside her. He does not usually put himself in such a predicament, but he has pity for her and her undesired injury, and her enchanting light glows deep within her eyes. He cannot pull away. He finally settles his wings along his spine once more, folding them carefully. "My name is Elysium. And yours?"

elysium

He laughs with his now familiar voice- and I can tell that the laughter isn’t directed toward me. That is a noise I am also familiar with. Being as awkwardly clumsy as I am along with my petite stature, I am sort of a bag of jokes. At least that is what I assume others see me as. This one, he is different, and I don’t believe he thinks of me in that way. In fact I think I see a smile so I simply lift my head a bit more to catch a better look. And Yep, that is a definite smile. I can’t help but return a modest, and yet very ladylike one in return. I could have lost myself in his eyes. They seemed to hold mountains of mystery. They were unlike my own which eventually made me feel silly for thinking my blue ones were any match to beauty.

I managed to slowly lift myself from laying completely helpless on my side to merely leaning on my more cushioned accented stomach. The other speaks his appreciation while I do so, and I simply nod in ignorant agreement. For I do not know exactly what he speaks of until the intricately shaded sky fades away to it’s normal self, and the bits that gave it such distinct uniqueness folds into the back of the other. They were his wings- my god- how not appropriately matched am I. He then shifts and my eyes look beneath his belly before it folds into itself. He has extra legs. Definitely not a fair advantage, but majorly cool in my books. My smile does not diminish, but merely grows as the light of the moon uncovers my mysteriously built man. Damn I was lucky with my fall.

Eventually the horse is fitted beside me, and I simply tweak my head and rearrange my body so that I can better manage a conversation. For some reason he still wants to talk to me (little, plain me!). ”Oh, Elysium…” I simply hold my smile while rolling his name over my tongue. ”I ..am…uh….” Blank. ”um….” oh god, oh god, think, think… ”I mean..I do have a name…” light giggle. Stalling tactic one: Flip mane slightly to side (sexy, right?), Stall tactic two: gently lower chin and give quirky grin. Yep- he has got to be into me. If only I could see myself and realize I looked more like a bee had given me the raw end of his stinger.

”SPECK!” I finally blurt. ”Ahem…Speck..yep that is me.” nervous giggle number two.
    speck

He cannot resist maintaining the very same smirk that has remained, observing her carefully. At such close proximity, he can see every feature and taste every detail - his sensitive hearing catches the faint but rattling beat of her pounding heart and her quiet breathing, and he can sense her warmth near his unusually icy skin. He adjusts and shifted his four forelegs beneath him, folding them carefully as he lays beside her - something he normally did not make a habit of. At the end of each leg is an unusual shape; a padded paw with sharpened claws, which idly rake at the moist soil as he grips the earth tightly.

She begins to fumble over her words, and he finds it enticing - she is truly an illumination unto herself, and with the moonlight bathing her copper skin so beautifully, highlighting her gentle, delicate and feminine features, he feels something stir within him that he hadn't before. He can sense her longing stares, and it would be a lie on his behalf if he were to pretend he were not grateful for the attention. It was not often anyone - or anything - pined over him, and he can feel her urging seeping through her pores. She utters her name (Speck) and he finds that she is anything but a mere speck - she is the entire moon, the stars and the sun combined, and he is drawn in as a moth to its dangerous flame.

He watches her closely as she drapes her unusual tresses across her neck, tempting him further. Though she may not see her as alluring as he does, she has invited him in closer and he is not one to turn such a stunning creature down. He leans forward, his breath gentle tickling her ear as he brushes the flattened, barren part of his nose down her neck to the nape, breathing her scent in deeply. He can hear her breath catch and it draws a much more wicked grin - her anxious giggles only spur him on further, and soon he has leaned close enough to press his lips along her jaw. A brief touch; a light kiss.

"Tell me, Speck .. where are you from? I want you know you." 

I want you, he only says to himself.

elysium

I feel like every sense within me is growing more sensitive by the moment. My breath grows quiet yet my heart beats louder. Sensations that I cannot describe erupt within my chest, and I find myself leaning in. Elysium’s eyes draw me closer, and although I cannot detach my gaze from his what I see and feel becomes more vivid. It isn’t like me to stay still. In fact I am normally a squirming mess of pulsating energy, but somehow this beautiful stranger has wholly captivated me. He doesn’t sneer at what I imagine to be my awkward movements and undeveloped speech. Instead he simply holds still and studies me.

I am frozen in time as he causes the distance between us to shrink, and somehow I manage to keep my breath as he delicately touches me. The touch sends vibrations soaring down my neck. I can feel the sweet heat of desire flood my cheeks, and I simply shift my head to better press my neck to his nose. I can tell with each motion there is thought and purpose, and I am mesmerized by his control. I know I am ordinary, and I only imagine his enticing touch comes from years of experience. Clearly he knows how to make a mare feel special- and though I don’t believe I am unique nor desirable beyond my womb I find myself falling into his kiss. It catches my breath and for a moment everything stops.

Time merely speeds back to the present when he speaks, and I take a calculated pause to formulate a response. ”Here….” I whisper. ”Um..” I exhale briefly ”I am from here.” I am finally able to draw my gaze from his, and I nod my head over my shoulder in the direction of the sprawling meadow. ”I sort of keep to myself.” I look back toward him and smile. ”I am sure you don’t know what that is like.” Clearly he must be epically popular wherever he comes from.
    speck

His breath his warm on her neck as he gently brushes his cheek along her brightly painted tresses, inhaling the soft, sweet scent of dirt and sweat that lingers on her skin. He does not see her gesture to the open plain, though he can feel her move her head away from him as she does - and he takes this opportunity to brush his lips along her jawline. Little did she realize that he was not experienced at all; he remained a distance to most everyone he came across and intimacy was something of a difficult thing to come across. She drew him in though, so deeply wound up that he was unsure of how he would untangle himself. 

The entirety of the moon continues to bathe them in its light, highlighting her feminine features, which he observes carefully. He turns now, his jaw brushing along her sloping spine and what little he can reached of her shoulder and the soft curve of her belly. The touch is short lived, however, as he begins to unfold his multitude of legs from beneath him, standing slowly. 

His shadow looms over her for a moment, his wings outstretched once more as he flexes them at his side. He shakes them of their stiffness, and once more, intricate shadows fall upon her copper pelt. He leans down, his unusual eyes set on her as he presses his cheek to her own for a moment.

Quietly, "So did I, once. Solitude is no life to keep. Come with me, Speck," - he does not know why something so deep within him beckons him to urge her, but it does, and he obeys - "leave this behind. I know of a place that will take your breath away."

He recognizes the treasure he has found, and he longs to make her his own.

elysium

Each touch has the power to cripple me. I can feel myself folding into the delicate movements, and each tiny hair along my back shifts lightly beneath his warmth. It was as if all of my senses were awakening. I have been intimate before, but never in a way where someone has taken such care. If I had the ability to think of anything other than him I know that I would regret my past interactions. What I am experiencing is something wholly different. It feels as if I was made to compliment him- at least that is how I feel in this moment beneath the moonlight soaking in lust and desire.

It seems silly to fall so deeply while still fresh with sores from my fall, but I can tell after he stands and sets his eyes upon me that destiny is clearly playing a hand. My energy that never seems to settle within me has been silent. I realize this, and curiously match his touch with one of my own to his cheek. He smells of salt and musk, and I briefly press my nose deeper into his cheek to simply feel tiny specks of scales beneath his fur. Another unique finding that merely leads me to close my eyes and peacefully listen to his deep voice.

Elysium invites me to follow him, and dare I say that I’d follow him anywhere. ”Yes.” I simply state while opening my eyes. A soft smile forms and tugs at the ridges of my mouth. With intentional movement I stretch my legs forward and stand. It does hurt although there is clearly no permanent damage. I take the opportunity to lean against him. Surely he would steady me even more. ”So how many mares should I expect? I am sure you’re a leader to many.” my voice is a touch of serious curiosity lifted with a lighthearted tone. I knew nothing of Elysium other than his name, his illuminating characteristics, and his unforgettable touch that I never want to live without now that I’ve experienced it.
    speck