• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Comfortably Numb {Open}

Elowen
    "She's lost inside..."

She was drifting through life on a small string; like a kite within a small breeze. Her pace was slow and steady, her hooves barely dragging across the grass, yet she continued on her way. It had always been like this, the young mare moving slowly between each place in a constant pace. Elowen had never cared of where she was at or who was around her in the moment, yet it had never been her fault. She was incapable of what her emotions decided to take on. The coldness. The distant eyes. The thoughts that swarmed her mind. That had all come when she was fully capable of thinking for herself.  Her mind had never shown signs of that utter excitement or rage. It was on a constant scale of numbness. She had given up knowing what was bound to happen. Her inability to feel was what made her walk away from her past herd. They had hated that factor. The stallions within her herd had hated the way she disclosed herself from the world, never allowing them into her head. She was like a secret under lock and key, never allowing someone else to hold the key into her mind. 

They knew what they were getting into when they allowed me into their herd. Her thoughts were spinning as she walked, gently kicking the grass and looking down at the ground in an emotionless gaze. Even the hoof marks on her back that appeared to be painful were numb to her. They had tried to make her feel. They had tried to push her to fight back, yet she was quiet and subtle. She had only walked away, not being edged on to fight. Not being edged on to feel. She was distant from everyone, yet in some ways, she silently wanted something. She wanted someone to make her feel, to make her smile, yet it was impossible with her disorder. 

I shouldn't have stayed when I did. I should have left sooner. She had stayed within her birth herd for three years until she was pushed off. She hated how close they were, how touchy-feely they were. She had hated when the stallions had tried to court her, how much they persisted. It ended in the scars upon her back, in the memories flashing through her mind. Which was why she left. Yet here she was, subtly walking through a field with the intentions of a home. Who would dare to ask me into their herd, though? I'm useless. Her thoughts were what got her through life, though. They always stayed, pushing her to the limit. Sometimes they broke her, yet others they saved her. 

Because I am comfortably numb...

ooc: I apologize for how bad the post is.

This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

Bump!

He feels the body seconds after he bumps into it. With a snort of surprise the jaguar spotted stallion takes a step back, shaking his head slightly. "Oh good god." His tone is one of slight frustration as he shakes his body slightly and ruffles his wings against his sides. Straightening, he turns his head in the direction of the one he had run into."I'm sorry about that."

It didn't always work.

Listening for surrounding movement in order to avoid running into someone or something. Sadly he didn't have echolocation and couldn't pinpoint just exactly everyone was at.

If only.

"Hopefully you won't hold that little mishap against me." A small smirk tilts the corners of his lips. "I'm Demian," his voice is calm and deep as he introduces himself. "May I ask what your name is?" Might as well try his best to make sure she knew he didn't mean her any ill intent as one never knew how someone could react to a stallion bumping into them, especially one missing eyes from their sockets.

It was funny though, how some considered him the image of nightmares, though despite that they always came to find that he was one of understanding and a kind nature. So well he hid the temper that rolled quietly beneath the surface. It was though it was waiting, brewing for that right moment. Though he'd never release it against those who didn't deserve it the once jaguar king of the valley did of course have a dark side to his light...

Just like everyone else.
    Just like you.

Silently he waits, his wings comfortably hugging his sides as he lets his smirk change into a small smile and allows his body to relax slowly. "I do hope I didn't interrupt your day." He wasn't able to see her saddened nature. The way the welts decorated her back. How her past had etched a fine line through her lack of self confidence. But that was alright. He wasn't the type to judge, and had he been able to see them he wouldn't of thought less.

He was old enough to know and understand that even the most broken could become the most successful. And of course that was one reason he was still here today. To lift the unsure into a place they thought they could never go.

demian

@[Elowen] I don't know what this is xD It went weird on me! Forgive me! lol

Elowen
    "She's lost inside..."

The cuts had begun to burn as she walked within the field, yet with the pain came the waves of numbness. They washed over her, drowning her in a sense of comfortableness that she had become used to. It swelled up around her in a hurricane of simplicity. She couldn't remember a time where her emotions weren't caged up like a bird, bursting inside yet only to die on deaf ears. She hadn't even taken notice of the blood that the stallions had left upon her white coat. It's funny how that works out. She tried to bring in the humor, yet just like that, it had died within her, so she padded along, her orbs capturing the day with nothing by the grass underneath her hooves. It was trampled, just like her. It was dying, just like her. And yet, she couldn't seem to care anymore.

And then she felt it. Her body shifting, her feet awkwardly catching on the ground in a choppy movement of falling, yet she didn't. Not quite. Not this time, at least. The stallion's frame bumped into hers, not hard at all, yet it shook her. In the smallest ways, she was shaken. Whether it be from the dried wounds cracking open once again, or the feeling of another body actually touching her. Of course he didn't mean to, not that she would know. She barely even looked up through the slithers of mane that never seemed to move. Just like the stallion, she was blind to the world, maybe less literal than him, though.

How peculiar. Her head finally dragged itself up, its weight slowly dragging her into the unknown. Her eyes stared at the stallion, the one that's eyes were not there, the one that wasn't even facing the right direction, yet the one that held a smile. Even though his lips were pulled up, though, she still felt like she was intruding. A sigh passed her maw, her eyes traveling over him like a map. He was a map, in more ways than most, a symbol of a change. A symbol of something more. And it scared Elowen how close she was to this symbol of change.

"Demian," Her voice was soft and whimsical among his presence, almost as if it had no meaning, yet contained everything to her. As she stared at him, at the stripes, at the sockets of his eyes, at the wings, she felt....what was it? Peace, perhaps...

"Interruption? Of...my day? No. No, not that." Her words were muttered and useless, her head falling back down, her hooves chopping up dirt. A sigh passed her lips before she realized she had failed to give him her name. Or did he ask? She was confused, that was clear. A name is just a name, though. Contemplating life was her forte, yet before she got too caught up in her own thoughts again, she looked back at him through the peeks of her mane. She liked that he couldn't see her. Force once, she liked being invisible.

"Elowen," Another drawl of her word, a lift of her lips to try and fake an emotion, yet then she noticed that he didn't care. He couldn't see her expressions, therefore, why would he care? And for once, in what seemed like forever, she smiled for real. "The name is Elowen."

ooc: No! Your post was fantastic, and I love him! I just hope you forgive me for my terrible post. I wasn't sure how to make her, as she's a bit of an air-head at times, but yeah... Sorry!

This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

He could sense it. The way she was shaken by his sudden collision with her. The smell of slight blood filled the air for a few seconds. It was then that for a fleeting moment he feels genuinely sorry. But he pushes it away and into the back of his mind knowing that pushing apologies could have more of a negative effect than a positive one.

He allows his smile to grow a bit more tilting the corners of his lips higher when he hears her sigh. It is a smile of peaceful meaning and he relaxes more when she says his name. It sounds delicate the way she says it and he almost enjoys the softness she brings his name as it slips through her lips. She is not only delicate, but he could feel how she begins to relax due his presence.

He always loved how peace could be brought just by being close to someone else, even a simple stranger. "Well Elowen. It is quite nice to meet you and I am glad to know that my running into you didn't interrupt your day." He chuckles softly in order to break more of the tension that surrounded the mare. He can hear how her hooves dig into the dirt, how her body shifts as she lowers her head.

"Do not worry Elowen, I mean you absolutely no harm." No, quite the opposite. The way her voice is quiet, the way her demeanor shows a past of pain and torture concerns him greatly and he almost wishes nothing more than to sweep her away towards the safety of the Valley. It is rare he finds this feeling within him. Such a strong desire to protect was unusual for him. Typically he wouldn't care. But it always seemed the most vulnerable were those he had a weak spot for.

"Elowen, would you like to come with me, get out of the open? I could take you to the kingdom I live in, help you to heal and the Valley would gladly welcome your presence." He tilts his head in thought. "You wouldn't have to stay if you didn't want to. Once healed you could go wherever you please if you find the Valley not to your liking... I only offer because as vulnerable as you are at the moment standing here out in the open wouldn't be good."

demian

@[Elowen] Aww thank you dear <3 and pft. your writing is lovely and I love Elowen! She's such a sweetie <3