• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

place your head on my beating heart - Ygritte

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Spring is more visible than ever in the Falls, and I admires the bright colors of the well-watered kingdom as I walks at the edge of the forest. Born in the Dale, I have always appreciated the soft crush of grass between my hooves, something that the Desert and the Orange Country had lacked.

The early afternoon sun is shining brightly overhead, and the crisp blue sky is dotted here and there with puffy white clouds. We might have a storm later tonight, I think, tasting the humid breeze as it ruffles my red mane and bends the heads of the flowers in the field. As I walk – patrol really, there is some method to my wanderings – I stop now and again to grab a mouthful of grass. Though I have been eating well and often, the thinness in my ribs remains present, as does the dullness in my coat.

My time spent in Purgatory has changed me, and no amount of the magical healing waters of the Falls have been able to restore me to a healthful appearance. I feel fine, which is a blessing; it is only my body that looks to be on the edge of death.

Though I a mostly keeping an eye out for strangers as I walk, I am also looking for a salmon-pointed brown mare. Texas has spoken of her to me, and of his intentions for the Falls. I am not sure what – if anything – he has told her, so I have decided that at the very least we should get to know each other.

Her thoughts had been slightly muddled with the new discovery of Texas' relevance to her, well, more of his contribution to fifty percent of her dna. Perhaps muddled isn't the right word but really she is irritated. Alllll this time she had been in the Falls, he had been right there.

Quiet...
    Moody...
    Nonchalant...

He would have made a 'cool guy' dad...if he had been around.

The bay and coral woman is distracted when her daughter, Jossalyn, comes bounding up. "Momma! There's a new man here!" The half yearling is wild and whimsical as she darts off, barely touching the ground. Ygritte immediately shakes off her cross feelings and follows after her little one.

Through crushed grasses and over dirt and bits of bedrock is where the mare finds herself peering upon that of a new face. A stallion...in fact, a rather tall stallion. Lobes flicker and pin briefly as she nips her curious child and driving the girl back. Nares expand to catch the very wisp of the spotted male before she clears her throat, eyeing him and noting the unusual features. Lately, Mandan had seemed to disappear more and more and leaving her with their daughter.

(Ygritte's fears were growing more each day as the hours passed. Where was he right now?)

"Hello there. May I ask your name?" Her stance is understandable enough as she seemed rather alone most days. Even so the petite female would protect her home and her daughter savagely. Cocoa pools observe the feline hybrid and knew if he wanted blood he would have it from her. In a glance, she sees the two little peaks of Joss, hidden away thankfully before her visage returns to the stallion. "I'm Ygritte. What brings you to the Falls?"

ygritte
    texas&nativity