• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Love Bugs And Crazy Daisies (open)
    The tiny pinto looked out of place among the unique and the strangely colored mares. The only thing that seemed to draw any sort of attention towards her? Was her bizarre pattern of different colored spots dancing along her pelt and through the long wispy strands of hair that made up her tail and mane. Her nose was down low towards the hoof beaten grounds as she pawed tenderly at the frosted mud in hopes to look for something to satisfy her needy taste buds. Giving a muddy patch of brown grass a discontented snort Cara mindlessly started to wander away from the cackle of other mares.The sounds began to lull into a dull prodding to her ears as she spotted a small tree ahead of her, an apple tree with it's leaves barren at the bottom from all the hungry mouths it had fed this spring. If she was lucky enough, maybe she could find a sweet morsel tucked within the clumped leaves.

( short and simple!)
    It had been one of those days where the cold of winter had driven Marjorie from haunting the forest for new faces towards the field in search of exercise to keep herself warm. And it may have also had a little bit to do with the fact she was ready to start doing work for the gates, but we didn't have to tell anyone that just yet. For so long the magenta colored mare, decorated with shiny black striping and a thick black mane and tail had avoided settling in a place she could easily call home.

The last for adventure and traveling had been one of her biggest traits as a younger mare and so she had taken to wandering the lands of Beqanna and those surrounding it, providing the gods with three young souls before finally returning to the heart of it all. Yet even then it had taken her a year to decide on a place to settle and remain. A place that she could call hers. It was almost like the gates had called to her. Far back in her lineage on her mother's side a part of her family had called the gates and deserts home for years.

But for so long the generations had refused to return after zuclo passed. You could say the kingdoms were almost waiting for the right one ad somehow that one was the delicate girl full of spice in her bblood. That sarcasm could easily be thanked for by haloperidol, clyte and hoexpin. Her mother, Grand mother and great grandmother were the spicest of personalities in the bunch and had she ever had the chance to meet her great grandmother marjorie would have realize she was so much like haloperidol that it wasn't funny. 

I was at the thought of her family the unusually colored mare felt a smirk tug at her lips. She missed them so and she had always wondered where they had all disappeared off to. Though she knew it was worthless to wonder for too long. Like her they too held a strong free spirit that drove them into wandering and travels and until they were ready to be found not a sight of them would be made. 

Sighing softly the mare stepped into the field the nearby cackling of a group of mares catching her attention first. Slowly she looked in the direction they were staring and with a soft yet curious gaze she lifted her eyebrow at the unusually spotted mare. For a moment she watched her until she began to move further away from the group.

Stepping forward Marjorie allowed her legs to lead her into a fluid trot until she was right up next to the spotted girl and with a soft huff her gentle voice doesnt slip through her lips but instead slowly travels through the tendrils of space inbetween them and into the mares mind. "Don't let those foolish young mares get to you. They don't know unique when they see it." Awkward smile tilts at the corners of her lips. "Also they may be brightly colored but their butt are pretty big." With a soft chuckle at her own terrible joke she allows her delicate voice to finally be heard.

"I'm Marjorie. And you are?" 

Ooc: soooooooooo rusty :| I'm sorry. <33
    Also on my phone xD so any typos, etc I apologize for.
    they tried to break us;

The day is bright, and clear, and Kilian knows, finally, what he wants. He doesn’t like being alone - he never has, truthfully, though he is too stubborn to admit such a thing, if asked - and so it is time he starts a little herd, a family. He is not old, he doesn’t fear his time has passed or any of that nonsense, but he can feel time slipping by him, and he has only the twins to call his own. And he hasn’t seen either of them in an age.

He approaches a mare, a spotted mare who looks uncomfortable and he knows what he must do. He isn’t the first to approach, he is beaten by a very pink mare who seems to know exactly what she’s doing (a trick that Kilian should probably learn), but he isn’t one to let another’s bluster put him off. Maybe he can make some bluster of his own.

The pink mare speaks, and Kilian answers as if she was speaking to him (she definitely wasn’t, but he figures it’s as good a way as any to enter the conversation). “I’m Kilian. It’s nice to meet you, Marjorie,” he nods to her, a grin across his violet lips - he wants it to look cheeky, as if he is challenging her to a game, but it probably looks like he is just happy to be out in public.

“And it’s nice to meet you, too.” He leaves the sentence hanging in the air, waiting for her name. He hopes the pink mare doesn’t mind the intrusion - though she probably does - but, he supposes, all’s fair. Not that this is love or war (at least, not yet), but the sentiment still stands. He shuffles his weight, watching both mares closely.

looks like they'll try again.
    Kilian.

this didn't turn out how i expected but i like him Tongue
    Shit..posted with Viannes name
    Caraway wasn't exactly provoked by the other mares haughtiness, rather she was led by the idea of settling a rumble in her belly and to sedate an itch in her taste buds for a hopeful shiny apple. Her ears slowly folded down upon her skull when she noticed that she was no longer alone " oh..well yes. I see. They're pretty ignorant aren't they?" Side eyeing Marjorie for a moment before returning her eyes to the desired tree that was up ahead. Licking her lips Caraway felt compelled to be polite by putting her desires in the back seat in order to give Marjorie her complete and undivided attention. The little pinto shifted her weight between her two front legs as her tail whipped at her hind quarters " My name is Caraway..are you from around here? What brings you to the field?" Looking behind herself she focused on her behind with discontent as she realized her bottom wasn't all that pristine either.

Then as if the multicolored pony was some sort of magnet ...a Stallion entered their scene with a certain air that made Car a little curious. Looking back at the tree she pressed her lips firmly and sighed as the two horses started to make conversation, making Car a weird third wheel. She could excuse herself. But no she decided against her longing temptations and pretended to nod between their words. Then she snapped her focus back on Killian with ignorance as to what his intentions were " oh..yeah.. Caraway. I'm Caraway" with a shake of her head to get the multicolored strands of hair out of both of her eyes " nice to meet you Kilian...but why are you here?" Noticing that most of the horses that occupied the field were of the feminine nature.
    "Yes, they seem to be." It was then marjorie noticed the other mares glance to her backside when she realized the hit had taken more of a mark then she intended. "Don't worry," her voice is soft and kind. "You weren't the only one that heard that thought. You look just fine dear." Tat was one of the many abilities her trait allowed her to have. The way she could pass thoughts not just to one but multiple minds at once. The smile that turns the corner of her lips upward is genuine. "It's nice to meet you Caraway. I'm Marjorie. I came here in search of something to do and maybe to offer a home to someone in need or open to the idea of one."

She knows it sounds more like a question then a statement but she pays that no mind. She was never one to be concerned much about how she presented herself. Always being her own self was more important than how the world wanted her to be and if they thought negatively of it she rarely paid much attention knowing that it wouldn't always be handled the way she hoped. "I..." her words are cut short when the stallion approaches and like caraway she finds herself tensing for a slight moment before relaxing slowly. "Hello Kilian, It's nice to meet you."

The magenta colored mare found it slightly odd how the stallion approached her first, yet she knew it wasn't his fault. As how was he to know she wasn't the one here first? With an awkward smirk she rolled her shoulders slightly. "Kilian, this is Caraway. I was just speaking to her about why I came here and when you arrived I was about to ask her why she had made it into the field." Turning back to look at Caraway she nodded slightly. "I don't know if you're interested in kingdom life Caraway, or herd life..." quickly she glanced at Kilian wondering if that was why he was there. "But if you're interested in the kingdom life I could tell you a bit about my home and I'd gladly give you a tour."

See stands there patiently, knowing her presentation isn't the best. But then again there's a first time for everything and one only got better through experience.

Ooc: sorry this is late!!! I had a few days where I had to set up my certificates courses. But I'm back now:)
    i spend my cash on looking flash,

He settles himself between the two mares with an air of confidence that probably comes across as arrogance and haughtiness. The confidence is all a lie, of course; he has never done this before (tried to ‘recruit’ a mare to his currently non-existent herd, not speak to mares in general - though sometimes others do wonder), and he’s just trying to model himself on the ideal stallion candidate. He’s probably an unlikely knight in shining armour, but it’s important to act like he’s trying.

He smiles as Caraway introduces herself, and the smile only grows as she questions him. Clearly, she has never met any particularly nasty or forceful stallions. Which is good, for her, because they really aren’t great; too busy bossing everyone about but not enough brains to hold a proper conversation, in Kilian’s experience.
    But then, most of the horses in the Field today are female. And Kilian knows that mares - if they want something - can be just as forceful and nasty as the stallions. Perhaps herd life is slowly dying out and the kingdoms are taking over. Recruiting seems to be a very competitive business.

“If it’s a quieter, less driven life you’re after, then maybe you’d be interested in my herd,” he starts, not adding “that doesn’t yet exist” onto the end of it. He doesn’t want to scare her off too quickly. She seems a nice sort, this Caraway, and he would like to have her wandering around his home with him. Maybe she doesn’t want to live somewhere noisy and bustling with people. She probably doesn’t want to live somewhere with only one other horse for company, but he can work on that.
    And anyway, she can always make friends outside the herd, and then maybe bring them back, so that Kilian looks like he’s a really powerful stallion but actually his mares did all the recruiting.
    He’d probably end up getting kicked out and the mares would take over his land, but maybe that could be exciting. Mutiny and all that.
    He tries to stop daydreaming and focus on this actual, real life situation that is happening before him.

and grabbing your attention.
    Kilian.

<3
    Poor Caraway, she was just so lost on intentions that her mind seemed to wander off from her main temptation, that sweet and ripe precious apple she smelled moments prior to this odd gathering between strangers. One of her ears pointed up as the other remained uncertainly down as her golden hues bounced between the mare named Marjorie and the Stallion named Kilian " it's a pleasure to meet you two" her voice wavered a little with insecurity. A home? Why? As it was unbeknownst to the young mare, she was in a shark tank full of possibilities. In a pool that she had unintentionally dove into without testing the waters first.

" I don't know.. I was planning on getting that apple on that branch over there before another did" She was at least being truthful " A home? And what is a kingdom? I never really thought about it" which was another confession to the two. Caraway was always the tiny pinto that stayed up against a proverbial wall.. a wall flower of sorts as others seemed to busy themselves with the antics of being forced into things they never wanted to succumb to. Perhaps it was her odd coloring that made her unattractive to anyone, even to herself at times. Between Kilian's and Marjories offers there was an overwhelming confusion washing over Caraway, so much that she lifted her hind leg so that it tucked under her belly. Why was there so much attention drawn to her now? What caused this remained a mystery. Turning to Kilian with apprehension " and you have a heard?" oh what a weird pickle she was in.

((sorry it took so long!))