• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But, how do I do this? (any)
    He lands in grains of sand on his knees. His sister is standing across from him, her casual smirk still plastered on her face from the minute they had entered the border. She stands taller—taller than she ever had before—looking down at him with not even the tiniest bit of sadness. “Well ain’t that a relief we don’t gotta rule this dump?”
    Falx rises with rage—if it weren’t for evolution his face would be a hue of red. He is shaking—she can see it in his movement. He has containing a sort of rage she has never seen before. In years of being together—years of being tied by invisible chains of sibling-hood, she has yet to see his anger build to such a degree that she swears steam is truly rolling from his flared nostrils.

“You have the odacity… the fucking nerve… to say this is a relief?” His voice is dripping with disdain and frustration. There is a hole in his stomach and a pinch in his heart that makes him feel uncomfortable to even look at her. She is why he is where he is, she is why he will never be more than a brother—a sibling in an otherwise dysfunctional land. He is going nowhere—nowhere, and this is what he has to live for.

She cowers back like a kitten caught beneath the jaws of Satan. Her eyes are blinking rapidly—her heart is pounding; he has never gotten mad at her. He has gotten irritated, yes. He has gotten frustrated, sure. He may have even gotten angry for moments before suddenly melting into his casual pool of chill and ease. He is a shark aggravated by bites and jabs of people—her. She has picked, kicked, hit, and yelled like a toddler and he has bottled all of it up like a grenade.

“Falx I—”

“Stop. Just fucking stop.” He snaps, not even giving her the opportunity to vouch. She always does this, she always changes the topic or relays the blame. She is a child, but he isn’t. He doesn’t need to deal with this and why should he? They aren’t really conjoined, he is free. “Don’t follow me.”

She opens her mouth—her tongue rolling softly against her lips as if the moistening is what will give her something to say. She is dry, an empty canvas always having relied on her brother to provide colour. Her brown eyes shift, uncomfortable and anxious, looking behind her over the dunes of sand. So simplistic around them—how minimal they are in their surroundings. “But Falx… I need you.”

He has already turned, disregarding her words like he disregards the sand beneath his feet. He trudges—no, marches. He remembers the grey mare, the mare who had met him in the field. He remembers the offer she had left for him before they had parted on neutral terms. He wants her—not her, what she had to offer. He wants all of that.

He doesn’t turn. He just listens to her voice, the last of her words I need you bouncing in his mind like ping pong. She will learn, they all need to—you are nothing if not great. She will find her own footing, rise to her own occasion like we all should and some day he might be able to look at her. Maybe even enjoy her company. Not now, though.

Not for a very long time.

She is left in a strong gust of swirling sand and heat. Her golden sides begin to lather in exhaustion and anxiety. She continues to watch his grey body disappear like a mirage, her body suddenly feeling heavy and vulnerable. She had never been without her guardian, and now… she is all she has.
    Her stomach is empty as she leaves the Deserts. Once she had believed they would die together. Maybe not linked to each other’s side, but still—together. Now, they are to live on without knowing the existence of the other, and how could she just do that? Pretend that all they had experienced as siblings just didn’t happen.

The meadow is where she ends up, hiding within the forest shade and protection of company. What was to happen to her now?
    "Ashes to ashes we all.. fall.. down.." singing softly to himself tuck found he was wandering into a place he hadn't been in years. With slow movements he twisted and turned through the trees beginning to hum the rest of the children's song as he neared closer to the wide sprawling meadows. Since the moment his hooves had touched Beqanna once more he in his heart new he had finally found his way home. And without a thought he continued to walk, carrying his head high enough to show his confidence and familiarity with his home lands.

Somewhere deep down he also knew that most of his old friends were no longer here even if they had not passed on. No time soon would he be seeing archer, 9/11, ladyinred... And especially he wouldn't be seeing his favorite son zuclo, or his favorite daughter haloperidol. He had witnessed both their deaths. And it was something that had hit him deeply, causing his silent departure from Beqanna. For years he had spent healing the large holes in his heart that their deaths had caused them, and even though they had both been of natural reasons, he somehow had had trouble forgiving the gods for taking them from him. They had both been such lovely children. And gone on to do such amazing things and give life to even greater children, his grandchildren. And then one day he had remember the rest. The children that still lived, the grandchildren that shared his blood and slowly he had found himself on his way home.

Tuck had always been the one that placed his children and grandchildren on the right path, and each path had led each one to great reputation or higher status, because like them they had drive, spirit and the strongest 'bouts of determination that he had ever seen in horses other than archer and 9/11. They were the ones that had made him proud. And because of it he was always searching.. Searching for that one he could help. Or just get to know and watch rise to greatness in order to feel that pride once more -- "HEY YOU," maria suddenly screamed inside his head making him jerk around on his hooves slightly. "Are you done reminiscing because seriously, you're making me want to vomit up here. I mean come on man! What is the deal here?! G-r-o-s-s.... Oh! Oh look! Go bug her! That young one over there. She looks like a tortured soul! She's JUST your type old man!"

Huffing slightly he rolled his eyes almost so far back that he was genuinely afraid for a fleeting moment they might get stuck before closing them tight and shaking his head as he shuffled his wings around slightly. Without taking any initiative to hide the fact he was talking to the imaginary voice in his head he spoke with a slight edge to his tone, "Maria. You do remember I cannot see you? So saying things like that gives me absolutely no indication as to where the hell you're talking about and I'm not going to just go up and bother anyone..." Opening his eyes he hufed once more, "Yet." With a tsk Maria chimed in with quip of "yeah yeah, whatever buddy, that's what I thought!" before disappearing back to her little hole of darkness.

It was at that exact moment that Maria disappeared leaving Tuck fully aware that he finally set eyes on a golden mare standing in the shade. For a moment he had almost mistaken her for Halo just because of the worn look on a face so young. But he knew she wasn't her. He knew his daughter was gone.

Watching her for a while he stood completely still fighting himself on whether or not to go over before finally muttering "Ah hell, why not?" Stepping forward he weaved his way around the small groups of gathered horses catching the scents of the kingdoms he knew so well and before he knew it he was infront of the young mare, looking into her eyes and letting a half-assed smile appear on his face. "You look awful," he said with a hint of a laugh on his words, "yet so do I. So who am I to judge?" Shrugging gently he made his way to stand beside her and stare out at the other horses. Being sure to keep his distance so as not to bother her he kept his eyes trained on the many milling about before speaking once more, "Who put you through the ringer kid?" "Kid?! Oh come on man! You are SOOOO old! I mean WOW. Wow. Seriously. Wow! with a flick of his head to the left he rolled his eyes and snorted before allowing himself to straighten, acting like he hadn't made the tiny movement at all.

He wasn't necessarily ready to explain to this one about the obnoxious and quite annoying - "RUDE!" - Maria who was just as old as he, DAMN, - "SERIOUSLY?! DONT TELL THE PEOPLE THAT!" - OLD as he was. With a silent chuckle he leaned back on his hips, returning his attention back to the girl and waiting for her to speak up, whether she chose to or not.

HTML © Zariah