• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

They're coming to take me away; Zayn the meanie

He has no idea at all why he’s here.  He’s never been to the playground before, never even felt the desire to visit it.  His early childhood had been spent being pushed around and hidden away by his mother (she never wanted to let him out of her sight, let alone out of the kingdom), and after that, he’d simply been champing at the bit to prove himself and become a part of the kingdom.  The playground had never even been on his radar.

And now that he is actually here (god knows why), it only confirms that the place is a waste of time.  Little sickly foals toddle around on shaky legs, exploring and awkwardly playing with other foals.  Pointless.  

His eyes pass over a black colt and move on, scanning through the rest of the little territory.  But then in the corner of his eye, something shifts.

His red eyes wheel about and fasten themselves upon a … bear cub?  Where, moments before, an ordinary colt had been standing, is a little tiny bear.  A tiny cub that won’t stay tiny for very long.

As he stands there, watching, an idea forms in his mind.  A awfully wonderful idea.

He slips up to the colt, plastering an expression of polite interest on his face.  Bear shapeshifting, such a useful ability.  It would be quite the advantage in a battle situation …

He stops at the waters edge, smiling as he watches the cub chasing fish with its claws.  Small now, but give him a few years.  “Hello there little guy, that’s quite a trick!  How did you do that?”

And more importantly, how can he get the boy to follow him back to the Chamber?

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

Messages In This Thread
    RE: They're coming to take me away; Zayn the meanie - by Zayn - 01-03-2016, 12:39 AM