• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New horse -x
    Name: Diablo
    Breed: Pinto
    Color: Black and white pelt, white socks and white mane, icy blue eyes and a black muzzle with white tail
    Player out of character: Filip
    Anything else: Diablo is quite a proud horse wich will normally be seen with his head tall and gracefull while his tail bone would lift his tail like an arabian, he would also prance along rivers and gully's showing off, this horse well, lets say hes more of a lover than a fighter.
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    Hello and welcome to Beqanna!

Unfortunately, the name Diablo has been taken. Please check the member database http://www.equinus-sapientia.net/beqannamembers/ before picking a name.
    Kortnee
    Co-Owner
    Ajatar - Harmonia - Sunday
    Well im sorry but i think its kind of stupid how we cant have the same name i mean you can still identify the player with their username, sorry if i sound rude but i really like Diablo and its also likely that one day a horse could meet another horse with the same name i mean you can identify them with their username, once again sorry to sound rude
    Regardless of whether you think it's "kind of stupid" or not, the name has still been taken. While you're correct that we can also identify the character by the player name, the re-use of names can still cause a lot of confusion. For example, say I have a character that was the current Diablo's child or grandchild. The lineage of that horse would be confused/easily mixed up due to multiple characters with the same name.

Some alternatives: you can name your horse a name that is not taken, but if he prefers the nickname Diablo, he can use that in interactions with other horses. You could also find names that are similar to Diablo, either in spelling or in meaning. I'm sure some of our other players would be glad to help you come up with suggestions.
    Fine, ive changed it to Latigo and checked so its not taken apparently
    Unfortunately, the name Latigo is already taken as well.
    The member's list in the forum is not a comprehensive list of all horses ever played here - it is only those that have created profiles.
    You will also need to check the member's database, located under Begin.

We do apologize for the multiple places that need to be checked, but we have just (as of yesterday) switch over to this forum-type game, and there is going to be an adjustment period.
    I'm very sorry that you've had a bad day, and genuinely hope that it improves.
    However, we cannot make exceptions (because of the reasons I'd mentioned above).
    If it would be easier for you, you are welcome to PM me any ideas you might have about alternative names and I can give you a yes or no as to whether or not they've been used in order to reduce any possible stress you might have?
    Not an officer at all, but I'd be willing to help you find alternative names too if you want help! Was there a specific meaning or sound you were looking for? Smile
    Thanks, it kinda needs to sound proud and powerfull going as my character bio
    No worries! I like looking up names. And if you don't like any of my suggestions don't worry I won't be offended. Smile
    Alarik - alternative spelling of german name that means "ruler of all"
    Aziz - means "powerful, respected, beloved" in arabic
    Cenric - comes from old english words meaning bold and power
    Godric - old english, meaning power of god
    Leofric - old english, from words meaning dear, agreeable, beloved and power
    Wei - chinese, meaning power, strength

If none of these work for you I can look for more, but I just came back from a run and desperately need a shower, haha.