• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (herds)
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    God, she’s not sure how she feels about being back here.  

Morigan winces as she steps over the border of the field, brown eyes darting about.  The field is much the same as it was the last time she was here, but the faces, the faces are all different.  It’s probably a good thing though.  There’s no one left for her here - all that were close to her are long gone.  And she has no desire to reminisce with old acquaintances. 

She’s really, really not sure why she’s come back.

Perhaps part of her is hoping that Ruan is here after all, even though she knows that he too has left Beqanna.  It’s been so, so long since she last saw her baby brother, and she misses him every day.  But he wouldn’t come back here.  There’s no reason to come back here.  Their mother is long dead.  There’s nothing to tie him here, nothing to bring him back.

She continues her way through the field, for the moment avoiding eye contact with the other horses that have congregated.  The field is supposed to be where horses seek out new companions and homes, but she doesn’t feel like talking to anyone, not quite yet anyway.

She settles in to a far corner of the field, still looking at the ground.  She can’t help but dwell on Ruan.  Where is her little brother now?  Is he safe?  Is he … happy?  She certainly hopes so.  But there’s no way for her to know.

SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

daey

if you despise my existence, I hold no grudge but to protect
    those precious to me, I will make no such promises

The pale boy once again found himself here, of all places it was always the field, and for one reason. To grow the population of his herd. Alabaster lobes swiveled to the chattering off multiple horses with an array of gifts and mythical abilities. Yet one mare for certain stands out, his heart breaks at the feeling of loneliness he finds as she passes by avoiding any eye contact from any equine. But he can't help and stare, the alabaster stallion used to be quite like her, without a herd and no one to turn to. He couldn't help but stare for brief moments watching her purple speckled hind sway as she walked in a lonesome manner. Of all gifted and powerful he seeked those of solitude behavior for Forlorn Forest, it name was meant for those who were left alone needing someone to turn to when all hell breaks loose.

Striding after her, he didn't want to seem like he was stalking her but, he did wish to ask her a couple questions such as her name and so on. Crimson orbs follow her direction directing his rather large muscular body towards her. Once in front of her he bowed his head deeply in a greeting," Hello, I'm Daey." he paused lifting red gems in her direction, " At your service." he ended smoothly rising his large head. " Care to share a name?' he questioned politely.

He loved the feeling of socializing with other equine, it allowed him relax for at least a second and start all over again, in his chaos of a life. Swiveling almost translucent auditories he awaited her answer patiently, his pearl tail lashing out at pests that dared to come near. Causing his skin to twitch repeatedly in annoyance to those who dared, but where soon frightened by his tail like whip, flicking side to side and all ways about.>

It has been a very long time since he has been here. The older stallion still somewhat scruffy from his residual winter coat. He has spent most of his time in Cobblestone Creek, living life in solitude and peace, but it was too much of a good thing. No one was around anymore and he knew it was time...he had to go out and search for mares to bring back with him. No one likes to be alone ALL the time right? So Nouri strolls, his long shaggy fetlocks getting snagged on sprouting underbrush, old dead leaves becoming entangled in his long thick flaxen tail. His head, adorned with a very symmetrical white blaze, is level, his eyes partially closed. Quietly content. Mismatched blue and cocoa colored eyes swept over the fresh new surroundings of the field. This place was always so full of life, so vibrant, and full of so many different energies.

It invigorated him.

His chestnut varnished body ambles along, strong muscle can be seen in his shoulders, pretty fit despite his age. After many years of battles, mocks, and travel, he has gained many scars and quite a strong physique. He was proud of that, but not cocky. Soon his hooves lead him to a small corner of the field, his view is of a lovely, most exceedingly exotic looking spotted mare, and a pearly white stallion. He is not nervous to approach them, instead he strides in with a warm smile, the outside corners of his eyes wrinkled slightly. He nickers softly, his voice is soft and light, letting the pair aware of his approach.

He manages to catch the alabaster stallion's introduction. Nouri looks to Daey and nods his head respectively and then repeats the process to the purple spotted mare.

"Good afternoon, field is quite lively today isn't it? I am Nouri, it's a pleasure to meet you. Also to you Daey."

He leaves it there, as the other stallion already asked her for her name, no need to be a broken record right? Though is words are soft, inviting. His old mottled muzzle dips down to quickly catch a pesky itch and then returns his gaze to the mare. He studies her, not in a sexual manner, just curious. He likes to look at others, remember them in his mind. It was something he used to do with his mother in the Jungle when he would tag along for her spy missions. Yes, back when the Amazons had three castes, army, diplomats, and spies. His mother was both a diplomat and a spy. It seemed contradicting, but it surprisingly worked out for her. But he always would practice his "spying" skills by being as observant and focused as possible. It worked out well for him in the long run.

But now, here he stands, almost counting every single purple spot. Nouri is patient as he awaits her reply to both he and the pearly stag. He hopes this will work out in his favor, but alas he will not be disappointed if it does not. For he is quite the passive, neutral kinda of stallion. Not much phases him. But he would like to bring home some company, it's not easy getting old alone.

N O U R I
    lead stallion of cobblestone creek
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?

It doesn’t take long for someone to approach her, though she really shouldn’t be surprised.  In the world of Beqanna, Morigan sticks out, just a little bit.  Though uncommon colours are becoming more common by the day, purple spots are still an oddity.  It makes sense that she would be approached - she’s a curiosity.

The first stallion is a bit of a curiosity himself though.  He’s the palest thing she’s ever seen, with a pair of unsettling, blood red eyes.  But appearance aside, he seems friendly enough.  He bobs his head in greeting and introduces himself.  Daey.  A pleasant enough name.

She’s about to open her mouth to offer her name when yet another stallion joins them - a muscular spotted chestnut, with mismatched eyes of blue and brown. 

She shrinks a little then, just for a moment.  She’s not entirely sure what to do with all this attention.  She’s been mostly isolated for her entire life, only ever living with her mother, and then just with her little brother.  A quiet existence.  She’s barely even talked to anyone outside of her immediately family.  And here she is, now faced with two strangers.  

But she is the one that had chosen to come back here, even if she doesn’t know why.  She has to face it, at the very least. 

Her brown eyes return to the stallions, and she forces an awkward smile.  “I’m Morigan.  It’s a pleasure to meet the both of you.”  Well, here goes nothing.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.
    He remembers the times when he was a young colt in the jungle, feeling a little out of place and kind of shy. He used to hide behind his mother's varnished legs when her fellow sisters would come speak to her. But, she would always know how to comfort him, she would turn her beautiful head to him, love glowing in her mismatched eyes. She would nicker to him softly, letting him know that there was no reason to fear or be shy. When the purple spotted mare shrinks back when he approaches he does just the same thing for her as his mother did for him. A soft reassuring nicker leaves his whiskered lips, she need not to feel uncomfortable in his presence.

She speaks finally and his hears flick forward happily. Her awkward smile makes him smile wider, she is a nice mare. He likes that, she is not feisty or ill mannered. Morigan" the name rolls about in his head. He dips his head to her once again, his soft voice is comforting.

It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Morigan. My name is Nouri, from Cobblestone Creek.

He pauses again, giving it time to sink in and give her any time to reply. He eyes her over again (respecfully). She is definitely not like any other mare he has seen before, and there were a lot of mares in his life having grown up in an all mare kingdom. His mother would have chatted her ear off by now if she were here. He wished he had a little more of his mother's bubbliness, but he acquired his father's more calm demeanor instead. Which he didn't mind, his father was a great one. He turns his attention back to the current time.

"So! I believe it is safe to assume, since you are here, that you seek a place to call home? If it is of any interest, my herdland, Cobblestone creek, it is a very beautiful and peaceful place. I am quite lonely there by myself, would you maybe like to come stay and keep me company?

He is sincere, truthful. It was actually lonely there by himself. Without Latara it was like he was in limbo, his home felt more like a prison of loneliness. But now, this could be his chance at finally finding a mare to keep him company. Someone he could lavish with love and protection. He would not let this one slip away, he hoped she would stay.

N O U R I
    lead stallion of cobblestone creek
    Morigan
    Well, this one seems friendly enough at least. He ignores her awkwardness and returns her greeting, offering a name. Nouri. Simple enough.

He is polite and respectful, and yet she still feels suspicious. She knows what stallions can be capable of on both ends of the spectrum. And though she knows they are not all evil, she can’t help but think of her poor mother and the violence she’s experienced over the years.

Granted, those stallions certainly hadn’t stopped for a pleasant chat first.

“Yes … yes. I am looking for a home at the moment.” She stops for a moment, thinking. She’s never actually given herds too much thought before. The Valley had always been her home as a child, and then, the lands outside of Beqanna. Her one jaunt in a herd land (joining Nera’s herd of colourful children) had been short lived. Had always been intended to be short lived. But to actually make one her home?

Now that she thinks about it, it has some appeal. Herds are quiet and peaceful, with few responsibilities and expectations. Except perhaps children …

“I wouldn’t mind accompanying you … as long as you don’t expect kids …” She blurts out the last part, and her eyes widen the moment the words leave her mouth. Oh god, did she really just say that?! “I’m sorry, that was … awkward …” Her head hangs and she avoids his gaze momentarily. “I don’t mind kids or anything, I just … don’t want one … now …” Aaaand now she’s just making it worse.