• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am and always will be the optimist; any

He can make a scavenger out of anything.

He makes one out of her. He watches the greed burn in her eyes, and it thrills him. ‘How many things have you burned?’ She mewls, and he thinks of his answer. Everything. Every single thing.  He doesn’t mean too, but he isn’t careful either.  ‘How many times have you been burnt?’ She asks, and he doesn’t want to answer.

‘There’s a reason you run through the galaxies like the deer run through the meadow.’

There is. Of course there is. There is always an existing motive, but it isn’t hers to keep. It’s a secret he’ll bury in the marrow of his bones. It’s a secret he’ll bury in the fabric of time and space. So, he scoffs – a laugh that rattles in his throat and comes out a hiss.

“You don’t know anything,” he says, because she is a child –  because she doesn’t know, because she never will.

And then the world stalls on rotation. It shudders on its axis – the continents quake, the planets screech and grind to a halt, and if the laws of physics applied in these moments then the trees would uproot and the oceans would spill.

And when she blinks her eyes open she will be alone. He’ll watch her on her spindly, child’s legs from a space between the planes of this existence. She won’t see him, but she’ll feel him.

And then he’ll leave her.
    And she’ll wonder if he’s coming back for her entire life.

elektrum

i am and always will be the optimist

i freely admit that that was trash but now we can do a new thread if you want <3