• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any]

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

She would never hold him here, if he failed. She’d make an example out of him. Death would be too easy, certainly. Too kind. No, she’d send him home half pecked apart by the ravens, singed and frozen and tortured. But for now, he was useful, even if she didn’t trust him. But she didn’t trust all that many, truthfully. Killdare was one of the few, and she trusted him so much that he now stood in line for her throne. If something happened to her, he’d lead the Chamber. A position she would never give to anyone else lightly.

She chuckles slightly at the idea of sending a few corpses to annoy the Gates, though it seems like a waste at the moment. Someone would figure it out, and then the secret would be out. It’s like her heart manipulation. She could just stop Magnus’s heart, but then they’d all know, and the rest of Beqanna would come knocking down the Chamber’s figurative door. Though the thought of ending his second life does amuse her some, because really, he’s their biggest threat. Only because he cares so damn much about his waste of a kingdom.

Though her ears do perk slightly at Killdare’s question. That’d be fun, particularly in the middle of a war. Raise some of their dead and have them fight against the Gates. How terrible. And wonderful.

Nymph keeps going, and she’d raise an eyebrow at him if she could. “I don’t think I’d call it commendable. Memorable perhaps, and foolish. But you seem useful, at least, and I won’t turn away useful.” Though of course, if he stops being useful, she’ll go back to her default plan and let the ravens play. They were as dark and deadly as she; more so really, because they did all her dirty work. Straia’s hands were always immaculate. Her soul? Not so much.

“They are weak,” she adds, rolling her eyes at the idea that they aren’t. There’s no way in hell another kingdom could march in here and simply steal Straia, let alone destroy more than a few trees. No one would run screaming in the other direction here. They’d throw themselves into the fight and defend their home to the death. So yes, the Gates was weak. Though Magnus, to his credit, was trying to change that.

She simply nods when Killdare suggests information to gather. There’s a reason he’s Lord now. He’s smarter than he gives himself credit for, and she’s happy to let him take the lead. His questions are good ones, after all. Instead, she simply adds, “Be careful not to raise suspicions.” If the blood bay, who is prone to talking, goes and asks a thousand questions, it won’t take even the Gates long to figure it out. But over time, the information could be handy. Her ravens can’t learn everything, after all.

“Yes, I’m sure they will terribly pleased to hear that Gryffen has disappeared. You can tell them our alliance with the Valley still stands under Gallows and Fennick. No talk of our preparations of war though, understood?” Their alliance with the Valley wasn’t particularly secret, though Gallows and Fennick were new enough to the throne that it could be questioned. “And Fiasko and her child are whole and well and taken care of. Not that they will believe it, but she is.” Straia keeps a careful eye on that. She’d already stolen a mare to essentially use as a pawn, and Gryffen went too far with the rape. If nothing else, Straia would see that no more harm befall the mare.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

sorry this is so terribly delayed - we can end it here if you want since I know nymph is chatting to mast at this point, and we can pick up after that Smile

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any] - by Straia - 12-09-2015, 09:37 PM