• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any]
    ooc: Sorry so long- Nymhpetamine had a lot of explaining to do.

Nymphetamine looked over at the two who were like his gatekeepers. They kept him in the moment; they kept him from moving on or backing out; they simply kept him. Straia and Killdare looked in on him with their age and power, the young stallion peered back with nothing but determination and ambition; he had nothing to his name but the will to make more of himself. He was alone here, there was no failsafe, he either convinced them or he would be held here forever.

He watched the reaction of the two beasts as the corpse moved forward, and was pleased that they both seemed interested in its usefulness. The Queen had the most openly approving reaction- a wicked grin. However small, it was a positive sign but he was unable to look for more meaning as Killdare began to slink around Straia, changing up his perspective. The change of position brought with it a string of questions. Sure they were valid, but it doesn’t mean the blood stallion was happy about their delivery. Nymphetamine exhaled, and flicked his ear, taking in the last his recruiter’s questions. He hid his annoyance well, there would be a time to be flippant with the winged beast, but it was not now. The young stag glanced at Straia, he could tell she was interested in his answers too. He chose to look back to Killdare catching his eyes dead on. Nymphetamine new Killdare had the queen’s trust- at least to some extent, so he had to win him over- at least a bit.

Necromancy had many uses, I can raise them to block paths and scare the feeble minded way, the corpses can fight- with out allowing harm to our warriors, I can rise more than one, and animate them independently to distract our enemies. How would you use them? You are the military leader here, I’m willing to help if I am able—my gift has its limits, like most magic. Any way I use necromancy to help Chamber- would be against the Gates, no? But it could be fun to get them riled-up by raising a corpse or two in their kingdom. They wouldn’t even know it was me, since you two are the only two in Bequanna that know of the ability.

He allowed a deep chuckle to escape, raspy and course. He didn’t know many of the members of Gates only Magnus and Mast- but from what Magnus had said most would be rather unsettled by a corpse moving through the lands. Killdare’s next question was one that was the heart of his distrust, or at least that is what Nympheramine thought. He had to make sure his explanation was clear, this was when he could get Killdare a little more on board.

Why not? I wanted to prove myself useful- rather than sit around and wait for an assignment- to be chosen- so I made my mark right away. What I did, what I am doing- isn’t the typical approach- it is commendable—memorable. You can’t say most dare to do what I am doing. I am doing this because I can- and I can for Chamber. I mean, as you said in the meadow, Chamber is a right side to find yourself with.

The blood bay looked at the stag and fae waiting for any commentary they had on his reply- he was sure Killdare would- Killdare always had a comment about his unfaithfulness. Nymphetamine rolled his shoulders, starting to feel the beginnings of his gifts draw on his energy. Keeping the dead upright was energy consuming- after so long he would be weakened. He knew the slight tingle was nothing- just a reminder that the gift came with its own limits, which were far from met.  Nymphetamine allowed himself to move forward so he was standing next to his raised corpse. The hollowed eyes eerily emotive, he found the raised corpses more interesting than foul.

He didn’t linger on the skeleton-corpse long as Killdare was asking more questions. Nymphetamine nodded- these were questions that weren’t as annoying to him- as they were questions that lead to forward movement. He smiled as Killdare finished his string of more interesting questions, a small gleam came to his eyes.

I met only Magnus and Mast. Magnus has his wings- and Mast his horns…oh and he was initially a deer. Magnus isn’t happy with the deal Fiasko made, thinks it makes them look week. Mast didn’t seem thrilled about it either, but told me I couldn’t speak to her- due to a raven. The discussion was brief, as I had to leave to come meet you and details were never discussed- so very wasteful of them. They asked for general information, basic- a waste of a spy, they do not know how to use an inside man. If you tell me what to find out, I will. They think I’m here for them- the fools; they show every sign of trusting me. It should be simple to get information back to you once I put myself back in their presence.

Straia had been quiet, reflective, and thoughtful. She was obviously scrutinizing his words. He looked at her, awaiting her reply. His attentions briefly went to Killdare as he walked towards the corpse, perhaps curiosity was getting the best of him? The thought was short lived as Killdare spoke of his queen making prize claims. Nymphetamine tilted his head slightly a small smile on his maw. He was about to speak when Straia broke her pensive thoughts by dismantling the ice cage he was half out of. He watched ravens caw and scatter out to the limbs above and around them their beady eyes oddly focused on him. He flicked his tail at the one starting to land on his shoulder, it didn’t seem phased, and then once the weight was fully on him he saw the beast fade away, though the weight was still there.  His eyes snapped back to the Raven Queen as she spoke- a knowing look coming over him. A trial, with a baby sitter…well it was better than some hole in the ground. As the Queen ended her remarks, the stag nodded, and bowed slightly, showing his fealty to her. His maw was curled into a rather wicked smile. Raven or no raven- this would be a worthy challenge.

Mast will be keeping an eye out for me soon,  I would love to help push Gates right to where we want them. What would he have me share? How will you relay information to me when I am in gates? Will the raven speak for you? I will have to spend a decent bit of time in Chamber- between meeting with Mast- speaking of What do you wish me to find out at the coming meeting?

Nymphetamine took all the information in, listening to Killdare and Straia as they told him about what he could say to Gates, and what he should gather when he meets Mast, how they thought he would be most useful. He remained silent until they finished. He was ready to get this task going now that he had everything he needed.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any] - by Nymphetamine - 11-19-2015, 10:23 PM