• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any]

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

She listens with some interest. It’s entirely possible he’s telling the truth, and entirely possible he’s lying. But of course, she doesn’t trust every horse she deals with. That’s the thing about ruling the Chamber, about living in a place destined to cause destruction. She hadn’t trusted Gryffen at all, hadn’t trusted their ally in the Valley until recently (Gallows was more hell bent on proving the Valley’s power quickly than Straia had been with the Chamber, which seemed foolish to Straia, but to each their own).

She didn’t trust this boy, but here’s the thing about being her, she doesn’t really need to trust anyone. It’s damn hard to keep secrets from her. Not impossible, but not very likely. And he could potentially be useful. There’s little she doesn’t know, but of course, some things can’t be seen as the raven’s perch in the trees. Her own kingdom granted trait could not be seen. And Lagertha had recently shed her horns – for what? Even the ravens did not yet know. It’s quite possible that the boy can tell them the invisible things they are up again. If not now, in the future.

Then, the ground is shaking and there’s bone and rotting flesh rising from the ground. The smell is awful, though Straia doesn’t flinch. Her own father is a walking, rotting corpse, after all, so this is not entirely new to her. Her grin is a bit wicked now, slightly pleased. Killdare is already asking questions, and she lets him, because they are all good questions, to which she expects any and all answers the boy can give.

But eventually, Killdare falls silent, and she waits till Nymphetamine has answered all of them before saying her own piece. Which starts as the ice ravens untangle themselves from one another, taking to the sky now. Not that the cage was doing any good at this point, but it’s a show of goodwill, if nothing else. The ravens do not go far, settling in the trees behind her, glinting in the sun. They are sharp and deadly, and not unwilling to attack, though they do not threaten to do so. One of the ravens settles on the blood boy’s back though, disappearing as it does. The weight of it will still be present, and though the raven probably won’t sit on his back forever, it’s clear what this raven will be doing. It will be watching, and it will not be seen.

”I’m willing to give you a shot. Of course, you’ll forgive me if I don’t readily set you off without a pair of my own eyes around you.” She’s not actually asking for an apology at all. Her ravens watch everyone, though none are invisible in the way this one is. No one in the Gates would detect it, unless Jason came back (damn magicians). “You’ll have to tell the Gates some things about us, but I’d like you to run whatever you plan to tell them by myself or Killdare. We can feed them a few tidbits, but most of it should be harmless or lies.”

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any] - by Straia - 11-19-2015, 10:10 AM