• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any]

The blood bay kept to the shadows along the edge of the fire charged kingdom before him. His deep oil-hued eyes flicked from place to place as he watched the comings and goings of this place. A smirk smeared itself across his maw- this place would make for quite an interesting journey for sure.  He knew there would be much to accomplish here, but first he had to actually become a part of the group that seemed to insight fear in others. Dark ebony dagger struck the earth beneath them as they carried the stag to the boarder of The Chamber.  The air felt charged as if every time the wind rustled against him there was a small sizzle. It was a different feeling, he wasn't sure if he truly liked the feeling, but it was interesting and new so he accepted it for now. 

Nymphetamine was tall for only being two and more mature than most his age he had come across. He liked to think it showed, that his stature was confident and his mind strong in its knowledge. It was why he had taken the time to give Killdare an answer- to know that Chamber was right for himself and not just right in the moment. Traveling so long to find a place like Bequanna had changed him forever, losing his family had hardened him. He didn't think he would want to be a part of a kingdom- figured he would be a loner for a long time. Deep down he couldn't ignore the pull of having a group have his back, the idea of some form of support; the strength of an army behind him. 

The blood bay had told Killdare 3 days, and he had taken every moment, it was almost sunset on the third day. He can't say that he actually needed the whole time, but he figured he had the time to search and gather information, so he had. It had been very interesting to hear what others said about Chamber when they were not aware others were listening. It had made his decision simple, if it was power he needed now, chamber would be the kingdom. The stag rolled his shoulders, allowing the last moments to be slightly at ease before he had to be on point- making the best impressions for his new homeland's leadership crew. Straightening, he raise his voice and called for Killdare, the beast that would be expecting him.

I have a game Killdare, It's simple to play. You come now- or I will just go away.

His tones rang dark, and rich. and smile was on his maw as he spoke. Not flashy like some show-of prince, no, more like a sooty laugh, like one who meant to be frank and more true than fantasy. Nymphetamine looked to the sky, expecting the winged beast to take his usual approach, then calmly scanned the land around him as he began to wait. The game was the same as it was in the meadow- play on his knowledge of what Nymphetamine joining Chamber would do for Killdare- a step towards a promotion. In that sense, his "game" was real he would "leave" and seek some other Chamber beast to stake claim to the rewards of bringing in new meat.  It was all moves and counter moves. The young stag knew this, and while he didn't play the naive card with Killdare- he looked forward to taking others unaware. But for now, he waited, he had to give the winged beast a chance after all.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

She rarely bothered with greeting newcomers anymore. She was too busy dealing with alliances, keeping up with what the Gates was plotting, and attempting to make sure the Chamber was ready when war broke out. It was becoming apart that the question was no longer if, but rather simply when. Beqanna wanted a war. Even the Gates wanted a war, though for entirely different reasons than many others did. Some of the kingdoms were simply bored, were ready to show on their power or gain it again. Some of the kingdom wanted revenge, thought that they needed to stand on the side of right or good or whatever bullshit they made up in their heads to give them courage.

The Chamber was already strong. Beqanna knew that now. But they needed to prove they were more than just a bully. That they were truly powerful, capable of more than half a raid on a dead kingdom. Though really, the Gates should be thanking her. Suddenly they were drastically more active than they had been. Nothing like a bit of chaos to stir up activity.

But today, she hears the voice on the wind, and she can’t help but make her way over. She weaves through the trees to find him, a young but tall stallion. Though his words were demanding, his face was not. Still, she cannot help herself sometimes. “The only one in this kingdom that makes demands is me,” she says, her voice sultry but dark and deep. This isn’t actually true. She doesn’t demand from her kingdom. She asks, and they are usually ready to leap at the opportunities.

Still, she can’t let every newcomer on the block think that. As usual, she wears the crown of raven feathers on her head. It’s obvious both from the crown and the way she holds herself that she rules this kingdom, though she rarely introduces herself with the title. “Straia. Am I correct in assuming you are here to join the Chamber?” Looks like Killdare had been busy. It was good to have him back from the Jungle. He was too important to the Chamber to be stolen for long.  

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

The young stag didn't have to wait long before a fae approached, while it wasn't the beast he was expecting, he knew he had attracted some attention. While not the exact subject of his call, he would not ignore the fae that approached- if they allowed him in- if he made it- he would need friends, even within a kingdom danger could lurk. He watched the fae approach and she did not waste time, as she came closer her stature screamed royalty. His oil-hued eyes began to make out her features; brown and white patches became clear, and upon her head a crown of feathers. She was striking. The confidence she moved with was eye catching in itself, let alone her physique. She wasn't just royal, she was a queen, the queen. He had heard whispers of this fae, her power and in some opinions cruelty. There was much to learn about her, and this place, he was eager to learn.

When she stopped in front of him, it was not welcoming words she spoke, they were harsh, and conquering. Obviously she meant to make his place known- that he was new, and not welcome to demand things of others. Believe me, he felt that message in his core. Her presence was intense, and he enjoyed it and feared it. He enjoyed the idea of working along side the power, but feared he had already messed up his first impression. There was only one thing to do, make sure he fixed it. He dipped his head, in a respectful bow; he knew his place.

The pleasure is all mine, Straia, I am Nymphetamine. I meant to make no true demand. My father taught me to own what you could offer, and how to impress the military types. Killdare is great, I was only hoping to show I could hold my own. I meant no offense, nor did I wish to overstep.

His voice was deep, smooth and eloquent; not in a fluffy soft way but in a confident way. He was sure in his words, sure of their meaning and how they wafted through the air. He knew there was a chance she didn't let new herd members such as himself call her by her name, but she had introduced herself as such, so he would call her so- no need to fuss, and seem yellow bellied. The stag knew he wouldn't be blowing the queen away with some unnatural ability but he hoped there was at least a spark of recognition of what he could be. He needed this to work. Nymphetamine's spires flicked to attention as she asked his intentions. Chamber had a lot to offer, and would offer a purpose for him to fullfill. He had a job to do- it was time to do it.

Yes, I do intend to join Chamber. Killdare mentioned you might be in need of some diplomats. I am interested in learning...If you'll have me, I will work hard to learn what i can from those above me, and put it to good use.

The blood bay held his stature confidently, not to one up the regal fae, but he would not cower. He knew he could be useful, and he was not going to miss this opportunity.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

I WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU

In truth he had smelled the new comers stink the moment he lingered at their borders. The gentle breezes not only brought a welcome coolness to ones hide, but with them they brought information. Smells. Always smells, ever since he was a child he had been groomed for scent tracking. It was a painstaking learning process to master such a skill, but Killdare was not the type to just roll over, belly-up and quit. Everyone within the Chamber realm had made a scent memory in the bay stallions mind, so when something unfamiliar blew in, he knew.

Not to mention the Queens birds. Frightfully vocal things, always sounding the alarm, shrieking god-knows-what in their insistent caws. He knew the young stag would be wandering their way, sooner or later, with an answer. Best be a good one.

Normally he would have been quick to approach, but the young bay had made a lofty mistake as to demand his presence. Oh, really? No, no my friend, only the Queen bid him as she would. Even Warship, Erebor, would have seen a faster response, an appropriate come when called. This however, was deserving of a nice long wait.

It's only when the distant blends of brown and white pass through the trees that he has any intentions of greeting the lad. He's not far off, simply biding his time, testing the blood bay boys patience. His own as well, might be he would not be so kindly in his greeting, but wait...cool down, that's it.

His ears pull forward, the softest hint of the Queen's movements, she was ever so skilled at moving through the pines. More so than he would ever be, but he had shown vast improvement in his time here- rolling along the sentinels bark. And he does so now, forging a diagonal path to the small gathering, inhaling the richness of the forest. When he does arrive, it is with wings half-cocked, a menace of show for the haughty boy. Much like anything with wings will do to make itself bigger, more imposing. The vanner-cross hardly needed the added size, but sometimes a message must be sent. A playful smirk for their raven Queen.

"Straia, have you taken a cold?" He looks to the painted mare with concern, before snapping his head to the boy. "I know for certain you wouldn't be demanding my presence" Shaking his scaled and talon wings out, spreading them wider with a snort of irreverence to the bay colt.

KILLDARE
    Dragon-Winged Tracker Colonel of the Chamber

i am a hurricane

She has always moved with confidence. Long before she held her title, long before she wielded the powers that she did. One was well known throughout Beqanna, and the other a terribly close kept secret. She’s never used it, only would when she truly needed to. It was the type of skill far more useful when no one knew you had it. She is powerful now, yes, in so many ways. But she’s always walked like she was powerful. Why? Because if you act like it, everyone tends to be believe it.

”You would have been more fun if you hadn’t backed down,” she says simply. This may or may not actually be true. It might have annoyed her more. Either way, it’s all rather irrelevant. He’s here now, and Killdare has come to join them. She laughs at his comment. It always takes a moment to impress the Chamber, to actually be let in. Could they use more members? Certainly. Did they need to let every creature in? Absolutely not.

It is then, as she’s turning her attention back to the stallion, that a raven lands on her back. It caws as Nymphetamine is saying something about joining the diplomats, but her attention is clearly diverted by the raven. ”Took you long enough,” she hisses at the bird, and it takes to the sky as quickly as it can. Fearing the wrath of its mistress, perhaps, though in the end she never hurt her birds. Well, not permanently. She was prone to killing them now and again before bringing them back to life.

”We do need diplomats,” she says, though her tone is icy. As she speaks, ravens surround the newcomer, all made of ice, forming into something of a cage. The same makeshift cage she’d thrown around Chezter for being an annoying prick of a thing. Could Nymphetamine break out of it? Certainly. But it would slow him the hell down. “What I don’t need are fools or spies. Tell me, did the Gates not bother to mention to you that I have eyes everywhere?”

She turns to Killdare then, a wicked grin on his face. “My raven tells me he offered a deal to the Gates. Spy on us, and get Fiasko back. So tell me, what do you think we should do with him?” Ravens flock everywhere by now, all around, waiting for their Queen’s command, beady little eyes watching the spy with something akin to joy. Oh yes, even the ravens liked to play.

straia

ooc: nope you are fine. was waiting for this Smile

Nymphetamine looked over as Killdare came forward in a flashy, macho manner. Wings all half-cocked, and nostrils flared; all show. Blood stallion's spires barely twitched his way as his words lashed out. Nymphetamine wasn't really sure if they were supposed to make him cower. internally he was rolling his eyes. This army beast was formidable, but not the end all of all things powerful. He didn't fear the winged stag as he did the raven queen. She was more formidable indeed. Nymphetamine glanced over at Killdare, tones flowing in a stately matter-of-fact way, mouth curled just slightly. Nymphetamine had gotten under his skin, gotten a rise out of him- his true goal. No he meant no true demand- only to see what buttons he could push on the hardened militia beast.

Oh calm down Killdare, you know we played a game from the moment you landed in front of me. Do not act insulted when I continue to play it. They are just words, for you to take them so literally, I would have thought better of you from our short discourse.

There was an incoming cry of a raven, no doubt for the queen. The young stag had been waiting for this, he knew there was little chance he would get beyond the boarder, at first. He knew there would be a hitch, but he still wanted to end up in their kingdom. There was little left to do now, just finish out his plan. He narrowed his eyes, picking apart any microscopic reactions. He saw her reaction, the way the black fowl, snapped her attention up, the frustration, no...anger? that she shot his way with her looks and words as she shooed the cackling bird away.

Not a moment later ice sprung up around him. I am sure she expected him to fight and and try to escape. To feel terror over this situation would be to feel unprepared. He had expected this, Straia was the raven queen and Mast and the blood bay had met openly. He still hoped the ice queen would see something in him- he still knew he had to impress her. Straia just didn't know the whole story. She would know soon enough. Nymphetamine, held his eyes on the queen, not flinching to flee as the ice grew up around him. As she joked with the winged stag about his future torture, Nymphetamine met her words and flare with a raspy laugh and shoulder roll, which felt quite relaxing to the young stallion. He had been holding his position so statuesque that his muscles welcomed the moment of movement.

You can torture me if you wish, but it would be your loss. If you ravens spied they surely told you I have sworn no fealty to Mast or to Gates, so there is that, I am a free agent. There is also the fact your precious little baby birds can't tell you what they don't hear...what they don't know. There is more to this story, Queen.

He shrugged and let that be that. There was a good chance they wouldn't allow him to move further and would enjoy making him their play thing for the near future, until the raven queen grew bored of her newest puppet that is. But he knew his actions were not normal, so he had the draw of curiosity that might just give him the attention he needed to get his way. Straia knew little of him-- only what ravens over heard in the boarder lands of Gates. If she blindly followed the words of ravens, who saw only one side of things she had shown her weakness. Straia was a famed leader- he hoped she would not be that static- he had looked forward to the dynamic unfolding of this moment and so far she had yet to disappoint.

Nymphetamine

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

I WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU

A half smile parts his jaw for Straia's good humor, but that gesture breaks when once again the boy speaks. There are few games for Killdare, mostly there are actions, and there are reactions. Then there are consequences, outcomes.

Of this the new comer will soon learn that the Chamber plays very little. That Killdare plays even less, because he is not one to hide the nature of things. He does not play false, his cards are all set out, and he does not rely on trickery or cunning. Perhaps he never will, so far it had served him well enough- if it's not broke don't fix it.

The Queen's features darken, one of her messengers bringing whispers, and what it has to say is not in favor of their guest. If that is what they would call him, and suppose he was since so far he was not dead. Not yet anyways.

He laughs then, a rumbling baritone, but pleasant nonetheless. "A game boy? A man's word is his bond. I've given mine to the Chamber, seems to me you throw yours around like empty cans."  He says dismissively, and then the ravens swallow him up. The timing is perfect, the Queen has a certain flare about the way she does things, it's a mesmerizing art truly. A traitor, already, and the boy hadn't even made himself at home. It wasn't panning out well for the lad, no doubt he had not planned such a hostile welcoming. The Colonel had really written the colt off in that moment, or he had almost done so anyways-until Straia turned to him for an opinion.

He raises an eyebrow, tucking his wings sleek against his body, before he answers in a gruff tone. "Do with him?" He says as though he truly ponders on the situation at hand. "Well, he's come to help the Gates, so naturally I think it should be that they get no help from him at all." He pauses as he considers. "Turn him against his 'friends', those he seeks to aid, play him against the Gates since it is apparent his allegiance lies with himself." Traitors tricks were a nasty business, and the bay could only view them as such.

It's while in thought that he takes on a quizzical appearance, turning only to the Queen herself. "Unless that is the game of which he speaks." He speaks in whispers, as near as he dares is appropriate. Though the Queen is a sight to behold, he would never dream of crossing that line, he wished to serve her and that he would do. "I wonder the way he twists his words so often. Perhaps he does not intend to help the Gates at all? Suppose you might let him speak. He'll probably talk anyways, long as he has a tongue to flap in his mouth." Could be lies either way the youngster told them, luckily for Killdare he did not have to decide which was fact and which was fiction. He swishes his tail before turning about face, standing to the Queen's right and awaiting what consequences she saw fit.
    Either way, it was a damn good show.

KILLDARE
    Dragon-Winged Tracker Colonel of the Chamber
    ooc: i tried really hard to hold back nymph's sassy pants until a Straia reply, but I can't...well nymph can't. I'll try to keep it short and sweet snarky.

Nymphetamine watched the two dark beasts from beyond the ice cage that enveloped him, but mostly he watched Killdare. He had commented on his bond, his word, and Nymphetamine had held his tongue at the time. Internally he was loving the idea that Killdare probably thought the little verbal lash had quelled him. It tickled him to think Killdare saw such little depth in him. It meant his plan was working. The character he had put on was being accepted. A smile was on the young stag's maw because Killdare was an easy target with words. So easily coming undone. So quick to snap and toss threats of smashing and bashing the annoyance away. Most would say the young blood was not in the position to chortle, to mock. Most would say that he should be fleeing. Most would say he was a fool for taking this approach. Most are not Nymphetamine; most are not fueled by a hatred so deep it drives his very soul.

There was Killdare, carrying on, waving him off like he was nothing to him. As soon as Straia pulls him back with her spiteful words the anger is there on the surface- showing that Nymphetamine wasn't a nothing...that he was something to him. Thorn in his side perhaps? Aye...the angry words strike his ears. and the smile deepens in his maw. This was why he liked words, you could break flesh quickly, but ah, to break someones mind now that was a task. you had to nurture that task, keep the mind in a particular state. Just close enough to the cliff, but not over-- and there were so many ways to do it. Anger was his favorite, and it happened to be easy to raise the anger out of Killdare. I mind isn't designed for constant anger, or really to be constantly any single emotion. There has to be release, a break in the tension. Ah, yes, to break a mind is an amazing game- one his young mind should not know as much as it does about.

Do you not see the game? tisk tisk Killdare. I had hoped you would be a more.....formidable opponent. My words have been true, and they are my bond... but again you foolishly take words at their most benign level. But really you are just a militiaman, I care not if you understand my words... I do care if your queen does...if she will allow the story to be told.

The blood stag in the slightest of shifts was dismissing the stag and he simply waited for the winged Killdare to and the crafty raven queen to finish their discourse. While he would love to work his way into the mind of Killdare slowing finding the spot in which could break his mind, he knew this end game was not to play in the stag's mind but to work his magic on Straia... but gain her favor. And he hoped he had enticed her enough. And if she allowed his tale to be told, the web would be spun, he trusted his words to gain him the access he sought.  He worried not about the plotting fragmented words that drifted to him from beyond the ice. It was a waiting game now, and he would win that game too.

Nymphetamine

i am a hurricane

It would take something impossible to break anyone in the Chamber. They were quick to anger, many of them, but their anger was often more calculated than anyone would realize. Killdare was terribly level headed compared to most in the Chamber, his temper something Straia rarely sees. He keeps his wits, something any fighter needs to do, and simply thinks things through. Killdare had always been trustworthy though, and Straia would still admit that she’d managed to snag him out of the field. He was an asset to the Chamber, and perhaps the only reason Straia doesn’t let the raven’s rip the newcomer to shreds.

Not that Straia didn’t think Nyphetamine might actually be offering something to the Chamber. He very well might. But she just wasn’t entirely sure she cared. She just wasn’t sure she liked the boy, and that was enough in her book.  It was unlikely Nyphetamine would ever have the Chamber’s interests at heart, and she didn’t much like anyone that didn’t serve the Chamber. Except Weed, but the plant manipulating monster was entirely open about that.  She always knew exactly where he stood.

Though with Gryffen so terribly absent lately, she was hesitant not to see where this would go. Her ravens were useful, yes, but so were spies. Though hell, she trusted Gryffen even more than this boy on their border, which is saying something, because she doesn’t trust Gryffen either. But Killdare said they should hear him out, and though Straia really just wanted to try stopping a horse’s heart, she knew that she should hear the boy out. It might benefit the Chamber, and it’s not like she couldn’t keep an eye on him. She didn’t have to trust someone to use them.

“You prattle and say nothing. I suggest you say something worthwhile, and quickly.” She’ll let him talk, but she will not listen to him mumble and moan about some game. One, the Chamber is not a place to play games; and two, Killdare is worth at least thousand of these boys. Besides, Straia grows bored quickly, as do the ravens. And the thing about being Queen is she so rarely gets to use her skills to their full extent. The boy better prove himself quickly, or she’d be out of patience.

straia

Nymphetamine was young- he was mature- but he was young. The way he went about things was how he felt best about them at the time- which method would work the best with the greatest outcomes. Sometimes he was wrong. This may be one of the times...he had misjudged the timing of this plan. Straia told him that with the cold hard look of annoyance- and her words confirmed it shortly after. He may have misjudged the time- but he was sure she he had not misjudged the whole scheme. Unorthodox and tricky but it would work.

He simply dipped his head at her words, it was story time.

Simply put I wasn't sure I wanted to be in a herd or kingdom. So a gathered information about Chamber, but was approached by Gates in the process. I realized I wanted to be a part of the power- and I could be useful as a spy in gates. I set myself up to be welcome in gates- so I can always gather information on them. It might not be standard procedure- but I am new here and had the opportunity- I wouldn't have it if had waited.

He stopped to eye the two beasts, not sure if Straia would believe it, but he knew he could be useful as a spy. Gates wasn't a huge worry for Chamber but they were gathering allies, and could become something more. He had one more trick to show, and it was useful.

And well if you don't care to have a spy in Gates, or don't care to believe me. There is always this...

Nymphetamine stilled as his mind reached out in search for his token. Sensing the being, he took hold of it's lingering physical form. Anyone watching the blood bay would think he was in thought, or maybe daydreaming, but Nymphetamine was completely aware. Before him, just where the cage was the ground buckled and there was a slight rumbling beneath them, as the blood bay continued to command the token to rise. The ground gave way making space for the stained bones coming from up from below. The rumbling and shifting of the ground cracking the ice cage and small pieces broke away as the dead beast rose from under the cage. The cage stayed intact- but the structure was weekend and hollowed where the corpse stood in place of the ice. The bones were stained by mud, sections of flesh hung from the rotting frame. The smell itself was enough to make most beasts flea, but Nymphetamine noticed not- one of the perks of being a necromancer. The dead beast did his will, and he could manipulate it to move and fight like most any equine- but the power had its toll, all powers had consequences and so did necromancy. He walked forward, making the skeleton move toward the others, not in attack but, out of his way as a convenient barrier in case Straia didn't appreciate his capabilities. The young stag looked at Straia a wicked smirk smeared across his maw.

Do you really think someone with necromancy- one of the darkest gifts- would want to stroll around with a bunch of ninnies like those in Gates?

If nothing else the skeleton could hold them off for a bit to allow him distance. But he felt this would be useful to the raven queen. Raising a single skeleton wasn't all he could do- but it was all he could do and still have full mobility and strength- but they would have no sign his abilities limitations- not yet. He would not share that until later- if ever. Nymphetamine cocked his head slightly- wondering how the Queen would respond- he had misjudged once- but would not misjudge her again.

Nymphetamine

OOC: I don't think this was a power play- you said that he could break out- just not easily- i'll edit if I misinterpreted.