• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's all hang together; straia, any

I'm not going to lie. It feels good to be in charge again. There's a dance of patience and diplomacy that's required of kingdom inhabitants and I'm not good at any of those things. Seriously. You should see my dancing. It's much easier to make plans and then simply take action. Decisions under pressure are my true forte. So basically, I was made for this role.

If you had any doubts about my level of conceit I'm sure that's all cleared up now.

Not even my darling co-ruling king Fennick can ruin my mood. And luckily for both of us (although it might be an amusing fight) we are on the same page.

Straia doesn't keep me waiting. I appreciate that about her, as well as the way she's kept the Chamber up and running. I like less that Kushiel prefers this place to his birth home, but I'm starting to think that one kingdom can't contain both of our personalities. So perhaps, maybe, he made an okay choice.

Gods, I'm so glad there are no other mind readers around.

An easy grin settles on my face as the painted mare appears with her flock. I ignore the birds. It's best for all concerned that I do so.

I'll accept congratulations, but I'd prefer a party. Wouldn't you like to throw me one?” My eyes glint with something close to danger. It's very easy for people to assume I am simply a lot of ridiculous talk, which is perfect as far as I'm concernced. “I didn't want to assume anything so I came to ask. Our alliance still stands? And if so, I thought you might like to plan something of a more lively nature.” I do a mental scan of the area, making sure we are clear of spies before continuing. “I considered approaching Lagertha, as well, if she's not too terribly annoyed that my co-ruler kidnapped her daughter for a visit.

The Amazons are not my favorite people, but they rate much higher than several other kingdoms and Lagertha has a reputation as a warrior. I'd like to see her in action.

Really, I'd just like to see some action at all.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    let's all hang together; straia, any - by Gallows - 11-07-2015, 09:13 PM
    RE: let's all hang together; straia, any - by Gallows - 11-10-2015, 10:06 PM