• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blazed's Breath
    Rainbow 
    I push, breath, push, breath, and push yet again. Finally, my baby is out. Finally, my first foal. A grullo filly, named Blazed, with a blind eye. She bleats and attempts to stand, eventually rising to suckle life-giving milk. "Blazed. My baby." I murmur as she bleats happily, totters away, and collapses into slumber.
    I am the Dark and I am the Light.

I love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate.

He has come, and naturally she is here. A slow, satisfied smile curves his cracked lips, his placid eyes glinting with something unnamable. She had grown round with child. One of his making. And he is delighted. There is no telling what such a willing student might pass on to her offspring. Ones worthy of the lineage they carry, he hopes.

The pain of birth is a song in the air, trilling in his ears. Mother and child are exhausted. He steps forward then, inspecting the pair of them. As the red mare falls away into slumber, her lowers his burning muzzle over the small gray filly, hovering a bare inch over her new skin. One eye is milky white, unseeing, but he cares little about that. He cares only that she is so wonderfully new, such a perfect little creature, created by him, that he might mold.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com
    I swing my head around, realizing I only have one working eye. I look towards my mother, she is asleep. I sense somebody else near, and look, to see what might be my father. His coat is of fire, he is covered in the scent of my mother. I speak softly, "Are you my father?", and shiver at his muzzle being so close to me, so close to my skin.
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

A satisfaction settles deep within his chest as he inspects the gray filly. A satisfaction brought on by the knowledge that he is the only reason this particular child breathes, that this particular child exists. It cannot be called love, for he is not certain he is capable of love. Or even affection, for that matter. For him, the world is very narrow. The world is filled with only a mixture of pain and pleasure, with pain being the greater. Of satisfaction, or apathy, or ecstasy. There is little else for him.

This small child he could teach. Would strive to teach. Because that is what he does. That is what he has labeled himself, has styled himself. A teacher in the art of pain. And she would learn, because nothing else would be acceptable.

So when the child asks him if he is her father, a faint rumble echoes forth from his chest. It is laughter, he realizes. He has so rarely laughed, that he has nearly forgotten how. ”Yes,” he finally says in a raspy whisper, once the laughter has subsided.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

OOC: Ugh, I'm sorry, I just realized I completely misread your first post. The powerplaying in my last post was entirely unintentional :/
    It's fine!)
    I wake, and find Raelnyx inspecting Blazed. "Think she can learn as well?" I ask, not bothering to mention the cold, that I am hubgry, or anything other than the foal. "Mom! Learn what? Tell me!" Blazed says eith a snort. "No, Blazed. You shall learn to do and not ask." I say firmly to my daughter.

She is awake then, drawing his attention to her. Away from the child they had created. But the question causes his dull eyes to move back to the girl. Her gray skin is perfect. Untouched. All the better to receive the lessons he might teach.

She could learn, he thinks. Learn well.

The girl is impatient. Demanding an answer to her hastily asked question. And, he decides then, there is no time like the present. With fire on his lips, he aims a sharp nip at the grulla filly’s slim neck. One designed to sting and burn. One designed to teach.

Her mother reprimands her just as he does, admonishing her with word rather than deed. Satisfied that the message has been received, he lifts his head as flames flicker and dance across his skin. Turning, he fixes his bland gaze upon G’ren.

”You will join me in Silver Cove.” It is not a demand. He does not see a need to demand. He simply expects that it will be so, that she would willingly join him. It never occurs to him that she might wish to refuse.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

Hey, want to have them bred again?)
    I hear him say to meet him at Silver Cove, and respond "I will be there. Do you want me to start teaching her on the way there?" I ask, nudging her to stand up as I do so and stretch.
    OOC: Feel free Smile let me know if you need his stats. And if you want to send her to silver cove, i'll have him respond there

He is losing interest, as inevitably he does. Oh, it would come back to him. And that is the best part. The slower he goes, the longer he waits, the more torturous it is. The anticipation of pain is nearly worse than the pain itself. They would learn.

Oh yes, they would learn.

He is turning away, but the question gives him pause. His disfigured head swings back, dull gray eyes fixing upon the red mare. He considers for a moment, before turning back in the direction of his home. ”Do as you will.” The words are rasped off-handedly as he begins the short journey back to his home.

Their home now. They would follow, he knows. And he would find them when they arrived.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

Yay! I can Copy&Paste his.)
    'I will then", I say decidely. I nudge Blazed along, forcing her to start walking towarss Silver Cove. (I will meet you in Silver Cove)
    Holding Out on Grades