• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lokii;

I'm rotting inside
    My flesh turns to dust

It regards Lokii hungrily. Its stomach churns as a ragged breath shudders through its lungs. The prospect of a shadow, a student, is foreign. Once, long ago, it had followers that kissed its feet and bled for it. Was it worth it? They didn't appeal to it, but it had been powerful then. Once, it was feared by Beqanna.

Now, however, it has shrunken into nothing. Its stories have long since been forgotten.

Air sighs from its expanded lungs as Infection considers the proposition. There would be minimal effort and yet it would remain fed like the king of a pride. A gruesome smile stretches across its cracked lips then. Lokii, so eager to begin and to fuel his future, stares at the deathcrawler with his offer hanging in the air between them. "Sharing isn't my forte," it drawls before turning its head away from the trickster. Hunting alone has always been most successful and preferable, but with its body feasting on itself now - its stomach desperate for food - it decides to oblige albeit unwillingly. "The hearts," it begins when its rancid green eyes meet Lokii's, "have always - will always - be mine." Every victim it has ever maimed remains without a heart.

Can it really expect this greenhorn to obey though? The taste of the kill will send him into a thrilling rage and there will be no stopping him.

infection

infection by aeris | html by insane | picture c darkcloud013.deviantart.com

I haven't yet read the messages from you. I just wanted to get this up because I'm so late on it. Life has been hectic.
    The trickster's ears twitch in mild hesitation when the monster spoke about hearts. At first, he figures hearts would be things he wishes to stay away from. But as he thinks deeper, his mind tingled with the thought of eating something that used to pumping and living and fulfilling.

Nonetheless, he nods. "They will remain yours," he promises (a promise he doesn't realize he will soon break). Then he turns and heads deeper into the rural, silent corners of Beqanna to begin their training.