• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the morning i sleep alone - Hoku

and I discovered that my castles stand

upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Texas could make the trip from the Meadow to the Falls with his eyes closed. The wide river that winds through the common grounds is sourced in part from the magical waterfall of the kingdom, so their trip is filled with the sounds of rushing water as they travel along its banks. Every now and then he glances at the dunskin mare to be sure she is faring alright. He’d promised her warmth and a lack of mean stallions, and he intends to keep his word. These intentions are aided by the fact that he is one of two male residents of the kingdom, and the trees that surround the core of the kingdom keep out all but the very worst winds.

Their brief detour is not unexpected – it’s the season, Hoku is a pretty mare, and Texas is…well, Texas – and while siring a foal on new members isn’t exactly par for the course, Texas isn’t particularly bothered. He cannot imagine Tiberios berating him for it (though the sabino does seem to like disliking Texas; the bay stallion considers it a bright spot in his dull life), and Shatter Me has been absent and sickly whenever he’s caught sight of her.

Shaking away a red leaf that’s fallen into his dark mane, Texas realizes that they’ve reached the border of the kingdom. He looks over at Hoku with curious brown eyes and asks: “What do you think?” Blazing with autumn shades of red and gold, the dark rushing water, grey rocks, and silver mist make a rather fetching picture.

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls