• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Chasing the sun {Cymbalta, Texas, ANY}

Think sweets, think pink, think me!

The pink creature smiles gratefully towards the other woman. Yes she thought, they would get along very well. With the playful bump her smile only grows, her head raising a little more with a mischievious twinkle in her eye.

Though the bump into him disconcerts her a little bit. She didn't intend to annoy him, but then again she thought that apoligizing would only make it worse so she stops herself  and bites her lip. Instead whispering almost inaudibly "It sounds wonderful" She knew she was a clutz, and having a wounded leg wasn't helping that at all. Well maybe this "waterfall" could help that. She almost broke out laughing at that thought, wasn't like it was that type of magic, silly of her even to hope that her clutzy behavior could be cured.

She isn't sure if its rude or not, so she holds her tongue when he repeats his name. A sparkling jovilaty dancing in her eyes from the unspoken words. As he turns she waits for the mare to go ahead, figuring that her limp and clutziness would be a hazard to place her anywhere but a good distance in the back. Though it takes most of the day, and a little bit of the evening to arrive at the Falls, Nixie couldn't say that she didn't enjoy the trek.

How far behind had she gotten? Had they been inconvenianced in waiting for her? She limps up to them, the skin just above her hoof now hot and swollen. It couldn't be said that it was an easy thing to get from one place to another in Beqanna, but it also couldn't be said that it was to difficult either. Though with a   injury it could prove to be rougher at times.

Gazing at the falls it takes her breath away, "Oh Texas, its lovely, better than I imagined" She is almost squealing with delight. The air around her permiated with energy, already she was feeling a little more revived.  

Nixie

and I discovered that my castles stand

upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

The trip doesn’t seem terribly long to TExas, even though he’s slowed his usual long-legged pace to account for Nixies’s limp.

By the time they arrive dawn is creeping over the horizon and turning the blue sky shades of pink and purple. Texas has never been one to take in the beauty of the sky, but he supposes that it does put the Falls in a rather positive light, at least if Nixie’s gasps are anything to judge by. He turns to look at Cymbalta for her reaction before continuing forward. He walks toward the water and the thundering noise grows louder.

He should probably make her swear her life and service to the Falls before letting her even breathe in the mist, but Shatter Me and Tiberios are not here to stop him. He rather supposes they’ll make an exception for new members, but the bay stallion would rather risk the time it takes to heal a sprain than wait too long and have to heal the broken leg she’ll inevitably suffer if she keeps on stumbling around the way she does.

“Hop on in,” he drawls with a wry smile, gesturing at the water. “It works only when directed to by a loyal member of the Falls. Perhaps in time you two can learn to heal with it as well.” He waits for a moment, and then decides he might as well get the typical questions out of the way. “Have you two ever lived in a kingdom before? Do you know about the castes?”

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls
       The Falls appeared to be the mystical place I had imagined in my head. Mist lightly danced from the water into the air making it much more visible against my black coat.
        “It works only when directed to by a loyal member of the Falls." Texas' words echoed in my head. What had I gotten myself involved with? When I was a filly, fairy tales were told by elders of the group- but we were told they were just as the name implies; fictional stories. Was this stallion possibly senile?
       Much to my disbelief, I found myself looking to Nixie for assurance. Was she really going to try this? My old herd was much smaller and comprised of close-knit families; it certainly was not a kingdom. Nothing at all like the vast landscape displayed before me.
       "I do not know what either of those are. Could you explain, please?" My voice sounded a touch too timid when it met my own ears.
    Cymablta
    If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Think sweets, think pink, think me!

She nods in delight, and thankfulness. "Thank you Texas." Yes she was indeed feeling braver now.

Taking a few steps forward she turns her head hesitant as the other doesn't seem to trust it. Should she? She had heard of the kingdoms before, she knew they had magic. She herself with her neon color was a sign of that.

So without further adu, the candy pink girl steps forward the injured hoof submerging into the waters. Ears swivel listening to their banter and when she is given an oportunity she replies to the stallion. "I'm sorry, I don't know much about the castes. I have heard of them though" A hesitant smile weakly peaks through her features.

Well she was trying to make his job easier, she wasn't sure if she succeeded though. A tingling sensation climbs up her leg as the cool water laps at her. After which, the soreness seems to have vanished. Stepping out of the waters she doesn't know what to say. Testing the leg, she finds it as good as new. "Wow, thank you for that Texas." She grins a little bit brighter now, extended her head to grace him with proper gratitude, when she realizes that he doesn't appreciate that. She recoils stepping a little closer to the other woman quite embarrased at herself.

Nixie

He watches carefully as Nixie steps into the water, and when her elg is submerged he concentrates, willing the water as best he knows how. It works, it seems, and the mare emerges from the water just as Cymbalta admits that she’s unaware of the complicated going-on of kingdoms.

Nixie reaches out and then recoils, and Texas tilts his head curiously at her reaction, but doesn’t comment.

He is far from opposed to touch – especially from the fairer sex – but he has learned long ago that what he considers harmless fun is often construed quite differently by women. Best to not let them get attached, he’s found. That’s why Texas tends to seek his company outside the Falls; though it’s more work on his part, it’s infinitely better than being forced to have actual conversations with mares that he may or may not have gotten pregnant. The bay stallion had rather enjoyed his first reign in the Falls, when the kingdom had been run as a large herd rather than the political behemoths they’ve become today.

In other words, she can touch all she wants and Texas will gladly touch back as long as there are no feelings involved.

But they’d both said they know little – if anything – about castes, and he supposes that’s more important for now. “There are two castes. One is based around diplomacy, finding peaceful solutions to issues and organizing the relationships with other kingdoms. The other caste is made up of fighters, trained for battle and war when diplomacy fails.” He pauses and glances down at the pink mare’s legs. “Are either of you warriors – or interested in learning to fight?” Asks the bay stallion, doing his best to not sound skeptical. “Or does diplomacy sound like an area more suited to your talents.”

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls

I was stunned to know there was a need for those who, according to Texas, identified as "Warriors". I felt like I had walked into a fictional universe. Why was there a need for a caste system? Even if I did not quite realize it yet, I kept the idea in the back of my head that I could have just joined the dark side.
       Nixie recoils into me after making another attempt to physically touch Texas. Speculation causes me to question if she is just friendly, or perhaps smitten of the older male? No matter which way I looked at him, he did not seem like my type. I kept a piece of myself focused on her, specifically her leg. Did the water really work? I allowed her to stay as hidden as possible at my side where I could observe her gait best.
       "I definitely would be a much more valuable asset helping with diplomacy," i trailed off. "How often exactly does war happen?" I continued the thought out loud. War seemed vile and unnecessary. Almost always avoidable, as well. Despite being wise beyond my years or possessing the level headed way of thinking an older gelding would, I was almost certain I would not have much power due to my young age.  

Cymablta
    If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Cymbalta’s answer isn’t surprising; Texas doesn’t expect the army of the Falls to ever grow. Tiberios has pledged the support of the kingdom to the Gates, but Texas wonders if their sabino king is aware that the only horses he’s promised are his daughter and himself. Risking himself for vengeance has never appealed to the bay stallion. He’d rather not risk himself for anything.

She asks how often war happens and Texas shrugs in reply. “War? Only every now and then.” That makes it sound frequent, but to a stallion that’s lived for the better part of two centuries, anything that’s happened more than once is every now and then. There have been a few scuffles instigated by the Chamber lately, if what he’s heard is true, but the likelihood of them making it to the Falls is unlikely. Even if they do, the formerly neutral kingdom is likely to give way rather than risk all out war. Cymbalta has no real need to be worried, but it doesn’t occur to Texas to reassure her of this.

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls