• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What fickle flame (Lagertha, any)

In the back of his mind, there was always a curious fascination with the Jungle and her ladies. Though Tiberios considers the word lady a bit of a stretch for the women who inhabit the stifling amazons, he respects them immensely. Theirs is a kingdom unlike any other, and they share a bond that rivals even the greatest of friendships. Had he known about the demands Shatter had requested for alliances long before, he might have argued for a more flexible route, but what’s done is done and that settles the matter. He’s come to hopefully make amends for the Falls stealing Malka away. Whether she had come of her own accord or not, it seemed heartless to ask members to leave their kingdom, their home, for another.

He arrives in due time, when the sun is beginning to make its journey across the sky. Winter has no dominion in these lands, and he finds himself mildly uncomfortable with his thickened coat. He opts to wait out a little closer to the border than he’d like, but only to find comfort in the shade of an ancient tree. He should have come sooner, but the matter of Khalis had been at the forefront of his mind. Dealing with the Chamber was a delicate matter, and he’d been put on edge trying to deftly smooth out the wrinkles he’d had no hand in causing.

There was so much to be done.

Overwhelmed by the daunting tasks ahead of him and the heat, he closes his eyes, leaning against the trunk of the twisted giant. There was no need to fear an attack here. The Jungle, alive with ancient magic and the heartbeat of exotic life, thrums around him and nearly lulls the burnt King to sleep, but he fights the temptation and blinks slowly, gathering what energy he has left to give attention to this alliance.

Tiberios

king of the falls

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She would die for any one of her Sisters. The bond between them here still amazed her, even after nearly 15 years had passed. Not quite 15, but she was getting close. Damn, she was getting old. Though she doesn’t necessarily look it, with her aging so drastically slowed down by the whole being half dead already thing. In normal horse form, she looked rather young still. It wasn’t till she switched over to her ghost mode that the gray on her gold coat showed.

Today, when the new Falls King finds his way to their border, she happens to be in horse form. Not lion, not electric, not ghost. It’s unusual for her to stick to being a horse, honestly, when she isn’t engaged in kingdom business. But once in a while it’s nice to be entirely plain, even if she has never been plain at all, and will never be plain. Not till she dies.

If she dies. She’s not entirely sure if she can. She could just go to the afterworld and stay….but is that the same?

She catches the smell of water and fire, a strange combination, but makes her way over nonetheless, guessing it must be the Falls. She’s heard rumors of their new King, but hasn’t confirmed that yet. “Rhy,” she offers, coming to stop in front of him. “Ville and Erinak of the Jungle. How can I help you?”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Spring is coming and the only difference I notice in the Jungle is that it rains more frequently, leaving behind a sticky heat that clings to everyone. I think perhaps most horses would wilt under these temperatures but I do not. I feel as if I have come alive. The Jungle is becoming more familiar to me with each passing season. I think it will be ages, though, before I know the trails as well as my mama or her advisors.

I have so many favorite places, not the least of which is the borders. The drastic change from heavy foliage to plains leading off to other kingdoms and herd lands is endlessly fascinating. I imagine a hundred different lives for myself, each of them producing a different version of myself. But it is only pretend, for I cannot imagine myself as anyone other than Lagertha's daughter. I am content in who I am.

As I come to the sparser edge of the jungle I recognize Rhy, although we have not formally met, by the golden color or her coat. My mother likes her very much, and has told me much about her. She intimidates me a little, although I don't know why. If I thought about it would probably make me feel silly. After all, my mother is the more outwardly fearsome looking of the pair. But she's my mama, and I couldn't be afraid of her.

The stallion I do not know, but I am instantly curious. Stallions are a rarity here. Killdare is the only one I know well and he has been so much fun, treating me as if I am a serious grown up person as well as a playmate despite my young age. I will be a yearling in a short month and I am anxious for that day, as if something magical will happen to make me older and wiser.

I trot over, ears perked, imagining myself an adequate amount of back up for Rhy if she needs it. I smile easily and add an exuberant greeting to Rhy's own, before settling to wait.

"Hello! I'm Sette, Lagertha's daughter. Welcome to the Jungle."

ANGUISETTE
    the jungle princess

To his relief, The wait is short-lived. A mare, covered in bold spots with golden undertones, makes her appearance and wakes him from his semi-slumber. Her tone is not to be mistaken with kindness, but the manner in which she broaches the subject of his presence garners a brief nod from him. “Tiberios, newly crowned King of the Falls.” He offers in reply, moving away from the comfort of his shade to face her like an old friend. He inhales briefly, wondering how best to give her the news, but he’s given more time to consider his options when their party expands.

It’s a filly - no, a mare? Somewhere dangerously in between if she’s not a pony. Tiberios cannot label her because of the way she enters the conversation like a seasoned diplomat. She names herself as Lagertha’s daughter and suddenly Tiberios is heartsick for Tyrna and Khalis. To have them greet strangers at the borders in the way Sette does would be more than enough happiness to last the burnt man a lifetime. Instead, he swallows his emotions and gives her a warm smile. “Tiberios, King of the Falls. Thank you, Sette.”

Because of the heat and the situation, he won’t waste their time. They had lives, and he had an agenda to fulfill. “I’ve come to inform Lagertha that the Falls now hosts a council of three, with the first seat being held by Malka. The seat represents the Amazons in their alliance to us, and offers your kingdom unquestioned and unlimited access to our healing waters. Malka will also be the bridge between our kingdoms, so should the Amazons have any request, Malka will voice them.”

He hopes that in some way this is more fitting of Malka’s position. She deserved recognition for leaving her home and making a new residence in the Falls. The Amazons were no doubt proud to have a sister like her, and Tiberios is honored to have her stay. He pauses then, glancing gently at Sette before continuing. “I would also offer condolences on the loss of Scorch, your previous Khaleesi, while simultaneously extending my congratulations to Lagertha on her new position.”

It was politics, cut and dry, but Tiberios is earnest. The Jungle was a living, breathing entity, and like the Falls the loss of one reverberates through the hearts of many. He exhales then, hoping that Rhy and Sette will not find reason to think less of him for his brief interlude. “How is the Jungle?”

Tiberios

king of the falls

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

Rhy should scare the girl. In truth, she should scare just about anyone with half a brain, if they know anything about her. Not that Rhy has any desire to shed blood or hurt anyone unless needed. But she can. She is electric, she has claws and sharp teeth, and she is already dead. What does she have to lose in a battle? She can disappear and strike you in the heart with a well-aimed bolt of lightning. Her enemies would never even know who had killed them, and she didn’t fear retaliation. It was hard to find someone you couldn’t see.

Rhy is, really, the scarier of the two when pair with Lagertha. Which of course is hilarious, actually, when you look at the two of them together. Lagertha, with the horns still on her head and her spiky plant armor when she wants it. Lagertha, with her course words and desire for action. Compared to Rhy, smaller and more delicate, gold and white, with a friendly smile and easy words. You cannot see what she is, not really, until she shows you.

But that, of course, is all the more petrifying really, when you do not know your enemy.

But she means well normally, and her words really are friendly. She smiles as the girl approached. The girl that isn’t really Lagertha’s daughter at all (how could Lagertha hide a pregnancy from Rhy?). But Rhy doesn’t say anything on that matter. In essence, she’d been adopted as Lag’s daughter, and that was good enough.

“Congratulations,” Rhy says when Tiberios introduces himself. It is only polite. He is not her family though, and there’s still a small part of her that hopes one day they will take their home back. But it will not be her that does so. She’s always belonged in the Jungle, even now, when her traits no longer keep her from the Falls. She will follow her grandmother’s legacy, not her father’s. But still, she misses her family. Still, she is glad to see the Falls in seemingly capable hands.

“Thank you for letting us know. I’ll pass the word along to Lagertha of the changes, and your congratulations.” She doesn’t really mention Scorch. Not because she isn’t touched, but because she misses her friend, and she doesn’t entirely trust herself to talk about it. Not that she can’t simply go see Scorch, but still, it is different without the fiery mare in the kingdom. “I’m sure Malka is happy to be put to work,” she adds. Not that Malka and Rhy had ever gotten along, and not that Rhy had much respect for a mare that could claim to love the Jungle and yet leave it. But still, she cannot pretend like she doesn’t appreciate how Malka had given them access to the healing waters.

“The Jungle is well. Thriving, despite our recent loss.” She still doesn’t say Scorch, can’t quite bring herself to string together her friend’s name and the word dead into a sentence. She’d only recently lost her parents, found them in the afterlife without knowing they’d be there. And now Scorch, her only real tie to her family at all. It was too much, really, and so she simply moved on as best she could. The less she thinks of it, the better. “And how is the Falls?”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

I have always been a listener.
    The good thing about being young is that most horses don't expect anything much from you. Or rather, they expect delinquency and inattention. I have my moments, notably when I am pulling pranks on the sisters, but for the most part I am all ears. I want to know all there is to know so I can be prepared. With news of the Gates' downfall reaching the Jungle, I feel a fierceness in my chest. Their destruction will never be repeated here.

And most of all, I want to be worthy of my mother.

I return Rhy's easy smile with a full grin of my own. No matter how I try, I cannot seem to master being completely serious on cue. My emotions flit across my face, as easy to read as rain clouds in the sky.

I listen with quiet interest as the pair converse. Rhy seems to be very good at diplomacy, something I see less of with my mother. Lagertha is straightforward and often without tact, but no one doubts her ability to defend or lead. Well, they don't to her face or in hearing of her supporters. My tail flicks occasionally, flicking away the early summer flies, but I remain silent until the golden mare finishes speaking.

"I heard the Falls was mostly empty these days." I interject, curious to find out if this is true. I possess all the tactlessness and awkwardness of my age. I blush suddenly, realizing my rudeness and add, "I hope it does not remain so."

I am grateful mama isn't around. I would probably die of embaressment.

ANGUISETTE
    the jungle princess

There’s a stiff air to Rhy that Tiberios can feel in an almost tangible way. He’s curious, of course, if this apprehension is caused by himself or something outside of his control. Either way, her reply is courteous and common and that’s all the two-faced stallion can ask for when it comes to diplomatic gestures. She mentions Malka and Tiberios nods, assuming that Rhy has some sort of understanding about her sister. The Jungle has her secrets, and she’ll keep them. Her news of her homeland is almost a welcome relief - no destruction, no chaos, no upheaval of the masses. It seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the current status of the rest of Beqanna. But then again, Tiberios doubts any one kingdom would be foolish enough to take up arms against the amazonian sisters.

She queries about the Falls and he readies himself for a reply, but before he can muster a word he’s interrupted by the studious Sette. Her input causes the sabino to smile, mostly because he cannot deny the obvious fact she’s stated. “Sadly, it’s true. The Falls has gotten used to her neutrality.” Her quick, off-hand apology is met with a chuckle. There wasn’t need. Tiberios knew the status of his home and so did everyone else. “I hope so too, Sette.” He replies, shifting with the thought of it. “I’m hoping that the least I can do is stir up some interest for outsiders.” An ear flicks backwards, noting the lull in the hum of the Jungle. Time waited for no one.

He offers a slow nod to each of them, respectively, and steps backwards from his spot. “Thanks for entertaining me, Rhy.” He says, knowing all too well that his remaining here much longer would be questioned. “And Sette, if you’re ever up for the journey you should see the Falls yourself. They’re not easily forgotten.” He offers to the young mare, knowing all too well the wanderlust of youth. “Until I see you again.” He says as a parting phrase, turning ‘round and choosing a path due West to much warmer destinations.

Tiberios

king of the falls