• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - lagertha, diplomats

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

It has been so long – too long – since she has been to the Tundra. Not because she cares one way or another for the Tundra. But Kratos. Her electric counterpart. But he had not lit the sky looking for her. He had not come to the Jungle. Had not set the trees ablaze. And today, in truth, she does not expect to find him here. She’s beginning to think he’s gone, beginning to think that he’s left as they all do.

The number of friends and family Rhy has has declined all her life. Eventually, it would just be her. She keeps hoping that day is a long way off, but whenever it comes, perhaps that will be the day she visits the afterlife and never leaves. It’s always an option for her. She’s already half dead, after all.

She waits for Lagertha, and then scoops both of them up on a wave of electric. It solidifies beneath them, unable to shock Lagertha in this state, but they can ride the electric all the way to the Tundra. It cuts the time in half, and it’s pretty damn fun. Though possibly Lagertha won’t agree. Rhy hadn’t bothered to ask, of course, because either way she would get some amusement out of it.

But really, it’s like surfing in the sky on gold. Who can’t enjoy that?

She deposits them back on the ground just outside the Tundra’s wall, not crossing the border. She’s tempted to light the sky with a blast of electric, just to see if he’s here. But they are here for diplomatic reasons, and so she doesn’t start a storm in their sky. Instead she waits for Errant, or whoever finds them.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

He is always here, always lurking. There is little that can get beyond the borders of the Tundra without his notice. The two women from the Amazon are no exception. Granted, they make no attempt to pass through the single opening in the Tundra’s massive ice wall. Rather, they settle outside and wait to be noticed. How exceedingly polite of them.

His large, pale wings are extended wide as he soars upon a thermal, gazing down at them so that he might glean some information. He doesn’t approach them immediately, though he does intend to eventually. Their diplomats seem to be rather absent these days. He has not seen Brennen in months (years? He isn’t quite certain, time seems to pass differently when one is immortal), and Crito is currently enjoying the hospitality of the Chamber. So that leaves him and Errant. He hopes that Errant might decide to come check this one out, taking it out of his hands (or rather, hooves), but he doubts that he will. And Hurricane is nothing if not dutiful.

Lifting his wings, he allows himself to drift slowly down from his lofty height. Considering the method the ladies had taken to arrive, he has no compunction against landing directly in front of them. They could make of it what they would. His steely gaze assesses each mare in turn as he tucks his feathered wings against his sides. His voice, when he speaks, is as brusque and no-nonsense as ever.

I’m Hurricane. What can I do for you?
    There is never a day that goes by
    that is a good day to die.
    Hurricane
    html c Insane

I am iron and I forge myself

The fuck, the fuck, the fuck?! The electricity flying is definitely not what Lagertha is expecting, and as soon as Rhy picks her up in that, and the ground disappears beneath her, she starts to get a little nervous. Lagertha has flown before, but it’s always been with her own wings (and even then, she was not the most adept at it, only having them for a comparatively short amount of time), knowing that she is in control of whether or not she plunges headfirst towards the cold, hard ground. Not that Lagertha doesn’t trust Rhy - she does, with her life and with her kingdom - but this little surprise made her heart race and a loud yelp escaped her normally cool and collected demeanor. “Fucking hell, Rhy! A little notice next time?” She tries to throw the gold and white woman a dirty look. but it just devolves into an exaggerated eye roll and a laugh. Plus, it got them to the Tundra more quickly, and since it the two kingdoms are rather far apart, Lagertha will not complain about that. Although the air is dreadfully cold. That, she can complain about. In a very unqueenly manner.

When Rhy finally deposits them back on solid ground, Lagertha stamps her feet a little to try and warm up. moving in a tight circle to get the blood flowing again. Fuck, it is cold here. She hates how her breath comes in a cold mist right in front of them. Her last visit here, in the summer, was much more… pleasant. Oh yes. And active, too.

A familiar face (vaguely - oh goodness, what was his name?) drifts down towards them and the horned Khaleesi remains silent for a moment. But no, he is all brusque and businesslike, and very much like herself, in that regard. The iron gray mare tilts her head little, wondering if she is all that different now. “Don’t tell me you don’t remember the last time I was here, Hurricane? You had a King problem.” A thin smile tugs at the edges of her lips, but it is the only sign of amusement at her past antics. “This is Rhy, my second in command - ” she nods towards her Sister, “ - and I am Khaleesi now.  How is the Tundra?”

Lagertha silently hopes that something exciting has happened recently. These pleasantries and formalities are… boring, at best.

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Ah yes, how could he have possibly forgotten her? She had attempted steal one of their younger members, but then had left him in favor of their mad ex-king (now long dead). Of course, at that point she had lacked her (admittedly impressive) horns and had been covered in a thorny protective armor. She looks quite different today. And he is somewhat grateful that at least she had not arrived here today bearing her full armor. If she had been armored, his greeting would have been much less cordial.

And, as it turns out, she is now Khaleesi. What an odd twist of fate.

His features reveal none of his thoughts however, his gaze still as stony and piercing as ever, even as he inclines his head in a nearly imperceptible show of respect.

Of course. How could I forget?

She smiles as she introduces her companion, a wryly amused smile that just barely tugs at the corners of her lips. Originally he had been less than amused (of course, it had been difficult to be amused when she had been intent upon stealing one of their own), but the end result had been quite satisfactory. He can’t say that he holds any particularly grudge towards this woman, especially considering that her actions had ultimately helped them. But then, he is the epitome of a Tundra man. He is rarely warmly disposed towards anyone (with the exception of a certain sunlit mare. She had managed to melt his ice rather well).

The Tundra is well.

He pauses then, debating on what more to tell them. They had been allies under the previous Khaleesi, but he is not certain if this one wishes to continue their alliance.

And the Amazons? Are you interested in keeping our alliance intact?

He glances between the two women speculatively. A thought had been percolating in his head for some time now, though he had not yet had a chance to see if the Brotherhood would approve (though he strongly suspects they would). And if that’s the case, why not see if this new queen would be interested?

If so, we may have a proposition for you.
    Hurricane
    html c Insane

I'm rotting inside
    My flesh turns to dust

It likely doesn't belong in their conversation, but when has it ever belonged anywhere? Society had ousted the creature long ago and it has never tried to redeem itself. Instead, it simply lives with no regard to life's wishes. It doesn't take into consideration that it's unwelcomed or unwanted. No one can stop it. No one can break its legs into submission.

So it arrives to the diplomatic meeting. The conversations are only just now beginning and so it's content to find that nothing has been missed. A breath is drawn in. Their scents mingle but it knows the potent odor of the Jungle all too well. Memories flash through as it recollects the sea of green and the passionate mares that thrive in that humid kingdom. They are warriors. It respected them silently as it played with the Queen's name on its tongue. They were half siblings but she has long since vanished in the history pages of the world while it continues to live on.

"Amazons," it mutters hoarsely when it steps forward to meet them. A simple nod is offered before sideways glancing to Hurricane with a jagged grin threatening to show. Focusing on the women again it adds, "I'm Infection." It doesn't expect them to know its tales and triumphs. This is a new generation to take the innocence from.

This is a new generation to poison.

infection

infection by aeris | html by insane | picture c darkcloud013.deviantart.com

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She can’t help herself sometimes. She may be kind and good natured and full of polite, pretty words. But she does have a playful streak, and she does enjoy the yelp from Lagertha and rattling her otherwise unrattleable friend. Yes, she just made that a word, thank you very much.

She laughs, a sound so filled with electric it’s impossible to imagine Rhy without that electric in her veins. Everything she does is electric, in a way. “Admit it, you like it. Just a little bit.” She grins, chuckling again. It is cold, and she can’t help but let some of the sparks jump on her skin, keeping away from Lagertha and any others that join. But enough to keep her warm.

The sisters are not real accustomed to the cold. Though Rhy had lived in the snow when everyone else had fled. She had survived that disaster, and was all too familiar with the cold. Thankfully, the electric kept her warm. But it did not keep away the memories of kicking over snow mounds, hoping not to find a sister buried beneath.

Hurricane arrives, and Lagertha takes the lead. Rhy is content to listen, interjecting when her brusque queen needs a bit of softening. That’s why Rhy exists for, after all. A yin to Lagertha’s yang, if you will. And then something else joins them. It is not quite horse, more creature really. But it is polite, and so she doesn’t freak out. Not yet. Not that she’s freak out, exactly. No, she’d just grow claws, or turn the tiny little harmless sparks on her back into an electric storm. You know. She may be polite, but she’s not about to get stepped on.

The creature simply introduces itself though, and the name rings something of a bell, but nothing specific that she can recall. So she simply nods her head in greeting, because he seems to have heard their introduction and doesn’t need to hear it again. Granted, they were a collective “Amazons” to him. But really, it was close enough. “We are well,” she says with a smile. “I’m curious what this proposition might be, but it’s really up to Lagertha.”  Not that Lagertha didn’t consider Rhy’s opinions. Or that either of them would like the proposition. But she was curious what they had to offer. It was a pretty dead kingdom, after all.

rhy

If Lagertha had been born a stallion, she might have ended up here; she understands the nature of the Tundra’s men, the colder ways of many of their personalities. She can get along with them without taking any offence to their brusque words, having those sorts of inclinations herself. Business. Bettering the Kingdom. The question now at hand is whether or not tying the two kingdoms together is better for the Jungle, or whether it should be placed aside in favor or other, more populous and powerful allies.
    The Iron Khaleesi is about to respond when a stench assails her nostrils, and she looks to find a quite literally rotting horse approaching their group. He looks like he could easily take down an unsuspecting victim. She isn’t one to judge - but is this who they have amongst the Brotherhood right now? Where are all the older ones, the ones she’d seen once upon a time: Errant, and Brennan and Nihlus and Kratos? Where is Rhy’s lightning lover? With no idea who - or what - it is, so Lagertha too, simply nods and repeats her name. “Lagertha,” before returning to their conversation. She keeps her expressions neutral, having an idea as to what she’ll have to say, and not wanting to say it. “As am I. Do tell us your proposition” Which is true, she is curious, and as Queen, she is eager to hear anything that will give her a reason to keep an alliance or treaty with them. She respects the Brothers that she knows (except for maybe Nihlus, he’d never done anything of note that she heard of) and wants to have a mutually beneficial relationship with them.

However, how can it benefit them if there are no Brothers at hand?

Lagertha

(sorry this is shit, just wanted to get a reply in and move it along! )
    He would like to say that he is surprised to see Infection joining their party, but he honestly cannot say that he is. The creature seems to have a way of simply turning up whenever it suits his fancy. And unfortunately, it seems to suit his fancy quite often of late.

Hurricane spares the man a brief, hard glance as he ambles into the party with the faintest hint of a toothy grin adorning his features. He turns his attention back to the women when Infection appears content to offer only his name and no other opinions.

It seems his words have struck up some curiosity in the two women, though they demure in affirming or denying an alliance until hearing the proposition. His features soften slightly, though his expression remains neutral. He had been unsure of how they might receive such a suggestion, and that they hadn’t outright denied him brings a faint stirring relief, though the most difficult part is yet to come.

Dipping his head slightly, he acknowledges their words before offering a brief explanation.

”I would propose and exchange, of sorts. Quite similar to what we have done in years past. Our fillies for your colts.”

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

”Details would need to be hammered out, of course. And I would need to put the idea before the Brotherhood for approval.”

Much as he assumed they would need to put it before their kingdom (though he expects little in the way of objections from the Brotherhood). As far as he is concerned, it really is quite a sensible solution, for though the men of the Tundra may be few in number, they are a rather prolific bunch.
    Hurricane

I'm sorry for the wait!

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She listens with an open mind, as she always does. But she remembers this conversation as well some number of years back. How many times have the Amazons and the Tundra tried an exchange, and how many times had it failed? Not that she wasn’t necessarily open to an alliance, she just thought perhaps they should be going about it a different way.

Still, she listens, waiting for him to finish before speaking up. “We can certainly take your proposal to the Sisters,” she says, because in the end, neither Rhy nor Lagertha could make the decision alone. Lagertha was a smart enough Queen to know that the Sisters had to support the decisions that they made, and she doubted Lagertha would feel differently here. Still, she looks to her Queen for confirmation, as any good second should.

“I also think we’d need to really think out the details. It’s not the first time an exchange has been arranged between the kingdoms, and from what I hear it has been not particularly successful in the past. Perhaps some of our kingdom members will have a new take on the idea, if both kingdoms want to try it.” She falls silent then, waiting to see what Lagertha has to say, and then figuring it’s about time for them to take their leave of the icy kingdom. At this point, knowing full well Kratos was long gone (he would have found her here), she’s ready to seek the comforting heat of the Jungle.

rhy

wow, sorry that's so late. if no one else has anything to add, happy to end it here and pretend they've agreed to ask their kingdoms?

Lagertha’s always had her own thoughts about the various times they’ve had a child exchange agreement with another Kingdom. It isn’t her favorite way to get something accomplished, and as she looks around the barren, windswept  Tundra, it is uncomfortably quiet. Too quiet. As if the Kingdom is dead. The Sisters seem to be of the same mind, however, and she is glad that Rhy speaks up first, in her very diplomatic way. Lagertha’s question isn’t going to have such a nice twist on it.

“I have to agree with Rhy. How many children are your Brothers producing every year? In fact, I wonder how many men you have right now. No one has heard much from the Tundra in a while.” Come to the Jungle and three will meet a visitor at the border before Lagertha gets there (if she’s even needed at all). Here, it seems like there is only the King and his very peculiar… pet. And while stallions could be quite prolific in a single season, unless there are tangible results at the moment, she can’t even begin to think how the suggestion would sound to her women. They can easily recruit women from the Field and other places, they are not lacking in Sisters (even as more seem to awaken from the Immortal Nap).

“Before we put it to the Sisters - how does a child exchange benefit us?” She’s not going to waste her time with another meeting if the point was moot.

Lagertha