• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky.

Life was simple then. Frolicking and carefree, there were no bonds of servitude or expectations of grandeur. But my how things change. In but the blink of an eye we can roam a thousand miles, or journey a thousand leagues. In the moment of his realization, everything became clear, and a blur. Everything held still, and moved with a fierce sense of urgency.

The young stallion let his hooves fall slowly, rhythmically upon the soft, trodden ground. The morning dew buffering the only place where he met the earth, nature's way of saying, "You're Here.". His proud form slowly made it's way into the meadow, the slow and steady exhale of his breathe fell upon the land like the morning fogs he had grown accustomed to in his youth.  

But the days of youth were gone from his mind, and his hues gazed upon the land with new intention, new poise. He knew that history wasn't written, it was made.

PRUOR

What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity.

There isn’t much time. Tiberios had better things to do currently, but he figured that at least stopping by here wouldn’t hurt. He feels restless, eager to be out tying up loose ends and creating new bonds. But that will have to wait. His amber gaze picks among them, the other horses new to this place, and he tries to discern who will be worth the effort. It isn’t long until his eyes come to rest on a single horse - a stallion. Stoutly built and with a sense of purpose, he’s wandering the Field at his own pace. Tiberios makes his choice.

It doesn’t take long for the spotted King to intercept the other horse, and he joins him with a short nod and a quick smile. “New here?” He asks, taking a moment to look out over the field scattered with other recruits. “It can be a bit overwhelming.” His head tilts, ears rising with the thought. He remembers being young in this land - finding his own way and coming into his own power. “I’m Tiberios, from the Falls.” He begins, introducing himself with the hopes that he can learn something by his companions reaction.

“What is it you’re seeking? Maybe I can help you find it.”

Tiberios

King of the Falls

HOCKETY, POCKETY, WOCKETY, WACK

Oh Me! Oh Life! of the questions of these recurring.

Life had gotten a bit out of sorts for Weir lately. He felt all mixed up and turned upside down, he hadn’t coped well to the loss of his child, hadn’t conducted himself in a very gentlemanly manner. It was too late now, to take back his out bursts. That, he could not fix. What he could do was suck it up, move on, take comfort in his visit to the grave site with Iset. He could move on, live his life, and keep a little light on for the one he lost.

He is at the field again, trudging through the snow to find new faces. They could use them back home, could use all the new faces they could get. It’s pretty bare today he notes, scanning over the blanket of white with concentration in his eyes. They pass over many empty drifts, nothing there to see but more snowfall, until finally something. Yes, finally! He almost misses the man, his creamy coat blending into the backdrop, almost.

The roan trots on up, a rather happy look plastered on his face. He was feeling rather good now having chanced upon this stranger, what a nice change. "Hello there fellows.” He greets, all the air of interest, of curiosity. "What a lovely coat for winter, might have walked right on by ol’ boy. Good thing for you to have that lovely cream base, not true white, but very close.” He quips, or he attempts to, falling into his best awkwardness. He just could not have conversation without some learning it seemed. A bit of information here, a tad of observation there. "I am Weir, from the Dale, it is quite the pleasure. What may I call you?” He blinks quizzically at the new comer, the very sturdy perlino before them. 

He looks to them all, now a small gathering of men, one of which is a complete contrast to the cold. He has seen this one before, yes, around abouts the same place too. What excellent luck, what a fine day indeed. "Ah, Warshyshippy! How does the Chamber fair ol' sport" Ol' sport. That hideous pet name. As if they were friends, as if it was nothing odd or out of the ordinary. 

WEIR
    The Dale's Eccentric Magic Manipulator

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

Recruiting was not his forte.

It was the bane of his existence, but a necessary evil in any case. All kingdoms depended on fresh blood. Fresh blood was the promise of their continued existence, their means to keeping their heads above water. Some blood was better than others of course, but even a sows ear could be made into a purse. Not silk of course, but a purse to serve some purpose.

Autumn was quickly lapsing into winter, and the air had a telling chill to it. Leaves littered the well-worn path to the field, destined to become food for the next generation of foliage. The black stallion moved easily down the trail, enjoying thoroughly the way the sun felt on his black back. The Chamber had a tendency to stay somewhat shadowed, and while he enjoyed the secretive mist and the protection it provided them from would be spying eyes, his old bones did not much appreciate cold weather. So a trip to the field seemed an effective way to kill two birds with the same proverbial stone. The trees begin to thin as he gets closer, and finally he breaks from them. Quickly his eyes sweep over his surroundings, taking in the cliques that grazed here and there, or chatted quietly amongst themselves. No doubt there were some here doing the exact same thing he was. They were like coyotes, in a way…eyes always peeled for the newest prey to be had. A lone stallion catches his eye, and its his direction that Warship heads. Before he can reach him, another approaches. A Falls man, one Warship should probably know but in his old age has forgotten. Then just as suddenly a Dale's member. Coyotes, indeed. He nods towards the men in greeting, before turning to the gray. “And four sets of eyes are surely better than one, if you’re looking for something.” he said, his voice a low rumble and a small smile on his mouth. “I’m Warship, General of the Chambers army.”

warship

Almost as if his presence proved to be magnetic, the stallion felt himself slowly ensnared within the gaze and guise of various members of society, seeming to hold some importance in their own respective lands. In his true form, his stride continued at it's slow rhythmic pace, his gaze never falling upon the others as he took a moment to address each of them in turn.

The first to approach him, the one known as Tiberios.  He shook his head and mane briefly at a passing winter wind, before replying in an all too Nordic accent, "Greetings Tiberios. I thank you for the warm welcome in this cold field, and moreso that you'd seek my face out of the masses." - he paused as his head took in those around the area quietly - "But you are not just from the Falls. You are the falls." - he said as his gaze briefly met that of Tiberios' - "While humbled a King should make his presence akin to mine, is it wise for such a prominent figure to be alone amongst the unknown masses?" - he said as he  let the phrase linger a moment, before moving on to the next newcomer to his presence...

"Weir, you say?" - he said in a soft near mumble of a fragment, his hooves trudging  at their continuing pace up a small knoll. - " Good to meet you lad." - he said, almost uncannily adhering to the  way each newcomer spoke in his responses - "I have no choice in coat, only a choice in how the spirit that dwells within it utilizes the flesh and bone I've been granted." - he said as his head raised high a moment, as if detecting something, before going back to it's former position, he then let his minds' attention fall to the third...

"Sometimes what we are looking for isn't found with the eyes." - he said candidly, with a brief pause before adding "General." - He let his head trace across each of the figures striding with him for the briefest of moments, before ushering his response to all three - "I've been graced with the presence of a Soldier, a General, and a King. Surely I should be flattered, but surely I should be alarmed. In such a place with so many faces, to conform so much of a realms attention on one individual is a cause for more than mere curiosity." - he said as he continued his slow gait up the hill, ending with - "I am Pruor."

PRUOR

Almost as if his presence proved to be magnetic, the stallion felt himself slowly ensnared within the gaze and guise of various members of society, seeming to hold some importance in their own respective lands. In his true form, his stride continued at it's slow rhythmic pace, his gaze never falling upon the others as he took a moment to address each of them in turn.

The first to approach him, the one known as Tiberios.  He shook his head and mane briefly at a passing winter wind, before replying in an all too Nordic accent, "Greetings Tiberios. I thank you for the warm welcome in this cold field, and moreso that you'd seek my face out of the masses." - he paused as his head took in those around the area quietly - "But you are not just from the Falls. You are the falls." - he said as his gaze briefly met that of Tiberios' - "While humbled a King should make his presence akin to mine, is it wise for such a prominent figure to be alone amongst the unknown masses?" - he said as he  let the phrase linger a moment, before moving on to the next newcomer to his presence...

"Weir, you say?" - he said in a soft near mumble of a fragment, his hooves trudging  at their continuing pace up a small knoll. - " Good to meet you lad." - he said, almost uncannily adhering to the  way each newcomer spoke in his responses - "I have no choice in coat, only a choice in how the spirit that dwells within it utilizes the flesh and bone I've been granted." - he said as his head raised high a moment, as if detecting something, before going back to it's former position, he then let his minds' attention fall to the third...

"Sometimes what we are looking for isn't found with the eyes." - he said candidly, with a brief pause before adding "General." - He let his head trace across each of the figures striding with him for the briefest of moments, before ushering his response to all three - "I've been graced with the presence of a Soldier, a General, and a King. Surely I should be flattered, but surely I should be alarmed. In such a place with so many faces, to conform so much of a realms attention on one individual is a cause for more than mere curiosity." - he said as he continued his slow gait up the hill, ending with - "I am Pruor."

PRUOR

PRUOR