• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; Tessla, Chamber diplomats, any
    Now that she thinks on it, she’s visited pitifully few of Beqanna’s kingdoms.  She’s been to the Amazons obviously, but other than that, she’s only been to the Falls and the Valley (and well, the visit to the Valley hadn’t exactly been pleasant).  Of course, she’s done a lot of travelling outside of Beqanna, but as a Beqannian diplomat that doesn’t really count.  For a horse that’s lived in Beqanna for around 19 years, it’s a little pathetic. She grumbles at herself as she makes her way towards the Chamber - she really needs to get out more.

At least visiting the Chamber will go a long way to setting her on the right path.  Oooor perhaps on the wrong path.  She’s not exactly the best diplomat.  Maybe that’s why she’s visited so few kingdoms.

She reaches the border at midday, when the autumn sun is high in the sky overhead.  It’s a little bright for her liking (though she’s well used to the heat), so she drags a cloud in front of the sun.  Just because she can really.  

She skirts the border for a little bit until she finds what seems like a well-used clearing, then settles in to wait, both for the sister that had offered to join her, and for the Chamber members that will no doubt be quick to appear.  Hopefully this little shindig is short and sweet.  They don’t have much to talk about anyway, just announce the new ruler, maybe inquire politely into how the kingdom is doing.  Then again, none of her diplomatic visits have ended all that well so far …
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

@[Tessla]

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

The air in Beqanna had recently become electric. It held a certain static like quality, something that could almost be seen and was certainly felt. The black general had heard rumors that Carnage had made his way down from the stars and was walking amongst them once more, and that could never end in anything good. Within their borders were not only a stolen Tundra man but a stolen prince besides. Gryffen had certainly been busy, and Warship knew he was thriving on the unrest. All the better. Too long the Chamber had been quiet and dormant, and now it seemed they were starting to rear their heads once more.

Autumn was quickly approaching, the air crisp and the leaves vibrant. The black general didn’t mind fall, except that it was a promise of winter to come and winter was the least favorite of his seasons. Old bones didn’t agree with cold temperatures, and it certainly got cold in his home. Already the nights were dipping into the freezing area, and he found himself lurking in the relative comfort of the pine trees at night. When the sun rose he prowled the borders, slinking like a panther skirting the edges.

He is prowling that border when a foreign scent plays on the wind. Its is exotic and wild, and he knows immediately that it belongs to the Amazons. Swishing his tail he heads in the visitors direction, trotting easily down the paths he knows so well. It doesn’t take him long to reach the mare, and he notes quickly the convenient cloud placed directly over her head. Everyone these days had some kind of trick up their sleeves, or so it would seem. He comes to a halt, inclining his horned head in her direction. Swishing his tail across his hocks, he cocks a hind leg, resting easily as he looks her over. He isn’t being rude, merely curious. “Welcome to the Chamber.” he says easily, rolling his shoulders slightly. “What brings a visitor from the Amazons here?” Perhaps he should say more, offer something. But he is no diplomat, just someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

warship

It doesn’t take long at all for someone to find her, just as she had expected. From what she knows of the Chamber, they are the sort to pay close attention to their borders.

She gives the Chamber stallion a good once over as he approaches, taking the scarred visage, and the strange glowing symbol on his chest. This one’s definitely a warrior, that much she can tell. An old one at that too, given the sheer number of scars. And actually, guessing from the horns, he’s possibly the general too.

She grins at him when he stops in front of them, and takes note of the way he looks her over. A cautious one too, clearly.

“Thanks. Just here for a friendly announcement of sorts. We’ve got a new Khaleesi. And she thought we should let you know.” It’s the first time she can think of that a ruler bothered to do that - often they let the other kingdoms figure it out through the rumour mill. Granted it’s probably better that Lagertha is proactive like this.

She cocks her head at him, still grinning. “How’s the Chamber doing these days?” She doesn’t know much about the Chamber at all really, besides the name of it’s queen (Straia), and that there’s apparently a heart buried somewhere in the kingdom. A little shady really. But she might as well take the opportunity to find out more while she’s here!

Oh and … “I’m Lyris, by the way.”
    Lyris

Only recently returned from the havoc he has caused in the Gates, he is ready to return to the Mountains to rest and plot and bully his mares. However, a scent distracts him. A scent of sweat and exotic flowers. Oh he knows that smell. With a snarl on curled lips, he turns from his path and makes his way towards the offending smell and the mare that it’s attached too. Warship is speaking with her, the spotted bitch, and he picks up his gait. Galloping towards the duo, his hooves dig against the twitching dirt as he slides to a halt with his wings outstretched. The snarl still on his lips, crimson eyes blazing. Smoke still clings to his snowy hide, ash clinging to the stringy strands of his mane. He has just caught the tail-end of their conversation and he spits out angrily. ”Surely you should know how we are doing as you hold one of our Army captive as well as my daughter your Sisters stole from me.” It’s not that he cares for Sette in a concerned way, he’s pissed because the girl was his and he had plans for her. He did not like it when his things were taken from him. Especially by his spotted half sister but she would get hers in time. ”Perhaps you should stay for an extended visit Lyris.” He hisses as a wolfish expression spreads across his features. ”It would only be fair…”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

She had every intention of letting Warship handle the Amazons. Straia had no business with them, not really. The mare was here, most likely, to tell them that Lagertha ruled the Amazons now. Straia already know this, and she knows that Rhy is sending diplomats everywhere with the news. If there’s anything that Lyris says that Straia actually somehow doesn’t know, Warship will inform her.

And then Gryffen joins. Don’t get her wrong, Gryffen has his uses here. But meeting with diplomats that she isn’t trying to piss off just isn’t one of his uses. His pet raven, a present from her, lands on his back (if it is not already there) and digs it’s talons hard into his back.

It isn’t long before Straia appears, the crown of raven feathers on her head, looking both wild and beautiful all at once. She holds herself like a Queen, and nods to Lyris and the group as she comes to a halt. “Don’t mind him,” she says, giving the Chamber ghost a quick glance. “The Chamber is well. I hope the Amazons is well under Lagertha. I’m very sorry for the loss of Scorch.” 

Yes, she knows the name of the new Queen. Khalessi. Whatever they call their monarch. No, Lyris didn’t say it, and no, Straia isn’t going to bother with pleasantries and ask, as if she doesn’t know already. And yes, she knows Scorch is dead. She’s not even sure all the sisters know that Scorch is dead yet. It is a shame though, really. Straia actually liked Scorch, if only because Straia had a slight advantage of bloodline where Scorch was concerned. 

Oh, and yes, she’s thought about keeping the lone Amazonian diplomat. The thought has crossed her mind. But it doesn’t seem advantageous to start a raid where the Chamber doesn’t get to set the terms. They may have a home advantage here, but Straia would rather get something out of their efforts. And not more burned and broken trees. Not yet, anyway.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

The sound of hooves reaches her ears and she turns to watch as the pale, red-eyed stallion approaches. Even she can see the building rage on his face.

She could care less about the captive army member - he was taken fair and square, and will be returned when his term is up - but the news of the girl surprises her. She’s head nothing about some girl being stolen. Is this an invention of the stallion’s, or has some sister actually taken up the habit of stealing children? She hopes not - ‘child stealers’ is not a reputation the Jungle needs. “Joscelin won that battle fair and square, and Killdare will be returned when his term is done.” Her eyes narrow. “But I know nothing of your daughter. I will make sure to ask when I return …”

And then he decides to threaten her.

It’s not the greatest idea on his part. Especially considering what she can do … and the fact that she likes to show off.

She glares at the stallion, letting her anger guide the weather - dark clouds roll in over head and thunder begins to rumble. She makes sure to pull down a few lightning strikes (carefully avoiding any living creature … for now) before speaking. “I would like to see you try.” She doesn’t particularly want to create an inter-kingdom incident, but if he tests her, she will zap him. Or throw a tornado at him. Both are appealing.

Luckily, for perhaps the both of them, they are interrupted by the approach of a tobiano mare. Lyris calms, somewhat - the lightning vanishes, the thunder quiets, but the black cloud remains - and turns one eye to look at the mare (the other, of course, remains trained on the red eyed stallion).

She can’t be bothered to force a smile right now, and simply nods in greeting. “Perhaps you should caution him to be more careful with whom he threatens.” The queen - for the mare’s bearing makes her think she is the queen - should learn to keep her dog on a shorter leash. He could poke a stick at the wrong creature some day … a creature like Lyris.

“Ah well, it appears I’m here to tell you information you already know! But thank you. We are doing quite well.” She tries to calm herself, but the telling black clouds remain. She’s never been the best at controlling her temper. “Well, perhaps I should take my leave of you then, unless there’s anything you would like me to relay to Lagertha?” She has a feeling that, if she sticks around for too long, things might escalate.
    Lyris

“Perhaps you shouldn’t threaten my kingdom when you are standing alone on our border.” She says in return, not particularly worried about pissing off the Amazonian. But of course, she rarely worries about pissing anyone off, truthfully. Alone, she could block most weather related attacks. Not all, but most. With the rest of the Chamber’s skills behind her, she didn’t think any one horse was all that likely to do that much damage here.

She still doesn’t plan to keep the mare. They cause chaos. They don’t attack diplomats standing on the border. They are plenty strong enough that they don’t need to play dirty to get things. Though it amuses Straia when others stand on the border concerned.

“Send her my congratulations,” she says simply. The sisters have typically been too upstanding to be friends with the Chamber. She doubts this will change under Lagertha, but Straia will find out that information on her own. It’s highly unlikely Lyris is going to tell her anything interesting anyway. “Thanks for making the trip, Lyris.” And she does say this without sarcasm. Yes, she already knew, but appearances are important, and at least the Amazons had the balls to send someone here at all.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt