• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whose afraid... [Astri]

He hasn’t spoken nor even given the green lady a glance since that fateful day at the border. The mere thought of Chezter is enough to make his blood boil. As far as he is concerned, Astri and Chezter are both equally responsible for the Falls being fair game to them. Which isn’t a bad thing, far from it. However much he hates the stallion, Astri had stayed on eager to serve the Chamber. She apparently wanted to serve it by spreading her legs and filling it with babies. Whatever, to each their own. Not every mare had the brains to be more than just a babymaker and he understood this. He figures he can help the jade mare in her quest then and seeks her out.

It’s only spring (making the Chamber is a little warmer than usual) but it won’t hinder him. Why not set a date ahead of time? He finds her easily, a foal at her side. ”You’ve settled in quickly haven’t you?” He asks her in lieu of a greeting, red eyes taking in the foal warily. He was never a fan of children that weren’t his own. Stupid annoying things really. Something about Astri bothers him, gets under his skin. He assumes it’s because when he looks at her, he sees that idiotic stallion and it fires him up all over again. Not her fault perhaps but it is what it is.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    What Is An Ocean But A Multitude Of Drops
    The apprehension Gryffen feels is something Astri unknowingly transmits onto others she comes in contact with. They feel … separate. She can’t really blame her skin (she’s seen horses that would give these others bed-wetting nightmares) but she can attribute it to her nature. There is nothing incredibly appealing about her. True, she’s a looker. All mares have something about them that draw the interested eye, especially during breeding season. But she’s in no way remarkable. She has no hidden power, no lust, no charm or allure. Astri is void of these feelings. She always has been, and so far as she knows it, she always will be.

Gryffen’s appearance piques her curiosity, and her festive head rises from the ground so she can pin him with her bi-colored eyes. “Took you long enough.” she replies, and he’s clever enough to know what she’s insinuating. Gryffen’s strange preoccupation with Astri was shared by the green girl; she wanted his attention as long as he could force himself to give it to her. The darkest side of him - that’s what draws her in. She wants to feel that hunger, that endless need for destruction. She wants to have purpose. His eyes, vibrant, turn to her offspring.

Astri only smirks. Poor Gryffen had no idea how much potential her odd-looking son had. True, it was a common, instinctual thing for males to be wary of other males, even foals. But her son was different. Sure. They all thought that. But Astri knows it. She follows the white stallions gaze and remembers her sons birth. At first, she thought he had rotted within her - turned a strange green with death. But he was quick to rise, to open his eyes and bleat angrily for her attention. She remembers how at first his tail had been short, bushy, black - and then, in the blink of an eye, it had changed back to a regular foals tail.

Astri had decided to keep him after that.

“Walk with me.” She commands, turning away from her progeny. She doesn’t fear for his life without her there to watch. Kraz had more power than he knew. “You and I have plenty to catch up on.”
    astri
    yule x astrah

He doesn't find his feeling of being distant from her unusual. He was distant from most others and the few ties or bonds he had (relationships if you could call them that) were twisted sick things at best. It's the boiling of his blood at the sight of her which is odd. Although his temper is tempermental, it's usually caused within reasoning. The only reasoning here is because of a memory. At first it may be because of Chezter but the more he thinks about it... It dawns on him. She reminds him of his mother. Not in her looks because Kennedy had looked like him, she hadn't been a stark shade of green. No it's something in the way she holds herself, similar mannerisms. The way she uses her body and doesn't care how it makes her look.

She greets him with a knowing smile and even more suggestive words. His red eyes glitter as he grimaces back at her, forcing himself closer to her. She suggests a walk and reluctantly he joins her side, giving a glance back at the son she left behind. Yep, just like Kennedy. It makes his insides constrict with a sudden surge of disgust. It makes him want to bend her to his will even more, make her beg for his most sadistic pleasures. Yet he walks with her anyways. "Do we?" He responds flatly, gazing out over the Chamber. "Brought anymore friends of yours around lately?"

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    What Is An Ocean But A Multitude Of Drops
    If she had known that the reason behind Gryffen’s barely concealable disgust was because she reminded him of his mother, Astri would use it against him. She would taunt him mercilessly and then accuse him of being one of those horses who have some unnatural oedipus complex. But, she doesn’t know what goes on in Gryffen’s twisted mind, so she ignores him and only smirks when he joins her pace. “Oh no.” She replies, flicking an ear in his direction passively. “I thought that was your job? Bringing whores to Straia for a pat on the head.” She chuckles for a moment, but she knows it’ll cost her.

Enough of the idle banter. “That’s besides the point.” She comments, letting the smirk slip away. It irked her to even think of asking someone for help, but she thinks that if anyone can point her in the right direction, it would be Gryffen. “I think my son is a shifter. Of what kind, I’m not sure.” She slows to a halt, eyes wandering around the silent forest while she idly contemplates the spirits of Chamber past. “He needs a mentor, someone who can instruct him and help him master his gift. I would ask you to take on that job, but you seem exceptionally busy these days.”

Her head turns, eyes boring into his red ones. “He’s a danger to himself and others until he learns control. Under the right guidance he could be great, but I can only help him so much.” She wonders, suddenly, if Gryffen is even the right one to approach with this information. He, like Astri, will do anything to get a step ahead.
    astri
    yule x astrah

”Not all whores find their way here by my hand.” Comes his sharp retort, red eyes smoldering in her direction. A snap of snowy plumage against dirtied hindquarters, releasing the tension between them as she turns serious and he tries his best to focus on what she wants. The corner of his lips tug down into a frown as his brow furrows. When she has finished he is silent for a moment, processing this information. ”Then I would think you would be seeking Atrox’s aid or Set… Someone else with shifting abilities or magic.” He cocks his head slightly at her, the crimson iris’s narrowing and piercing. ”I’m curious what you think I can do for him unless there is something else you would like him to learn.…”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf