• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and now I want brimstone in my garden; tioga
    The Gates have been unbearably boring as of late.

The kingdom is quiet, her mother is busy and her brother is keeping mostly to himself. Outside of the Gates is not much better - the kingdoms are quiet at the moment and Sidra is too young as of yet to have much to do with kingdom business anyway.

She’s being keeping herself occupied with exploring, but today she’s on the look out for something else to occupy her. Or, rather, someone. And a certain someone in particular.

Having spent so much time exploring lately, she hasn’t seen much of Tioga. In fact she hasn’t seen her at all. And that’s really not very cool of a best friend to do.

She hunts down the dark mare in the centre of the kingdom, near to the Mother Tree. She plants her hooves firmly in the earth and stares at the girl. Tioga has always been of a quieter sort, much like Sahm, but Sidra likes her all the same. It takes all sorts to make the world go ‘round, after all. “Hey. Long time no see.” It’s bizarre to think that they’re almost adults now - seems only yesterday that she was running around playing games with Tioga and Sahm. “How’s it going?”

Sidra

the wild child of jason x fiasko

@[Tioga]
    [Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

Life is boring, the Gates are boring, this is in my mind a hands down fact. Nothing ever seemed to change, and when it did the disruption was so miniscule that it hardly caused a ripple in the fabric. Little and less of a crease in the Kingdom, let alone the whole of Beqanna. Stale and flat, that is what I think as I chew idly on the spring grasses. My thoughts were the exact opposite in regards to the food. That alone could be enough to keep any horse here. There was nothing in my opinion that could compare to the rich sweetness that somehow was absorbed in our fields. Maybe it was magic, maybe it was luck. I didn’t know either way, and it wasn’t something I wasted my life away thinking on.

My ears give little in the way of Sidra’s approach, but I am observant and that makes up for what little they detect anymore. Everything is becoming hushed whispers in my world, and I am irritated that it becomes harder and harder to keep this fact from the others. I don’t catch most of what she says, my ears swivel on my head as I strain to make out her sounds. going?  The word ends in a question, the syllables I manage to read falling from her velvet mouth. I’m not the best lip reader in truth, but I am learning and I am trying. “Going?...” I let the question trail off, looking over the other growing girl. A memory of hide and seek whispers its way across my conscious, and I am filled with joy and longing. Everything seemed so much simpler when we were children and I have changed so much since then. Both in my appearance and my demeanor I think to myself, remembering just how little and dark I had been. How my coat hadn’t yet faded into patches of grey, how shy and meek I was, afraid of my own shadow. Nothing stays the same, I stand tall and lanky, still growing into my body. I always wonder when my growth will end, I know that it won’t last forever, but it threatens to prove me wrong. As silly as that sounds.

”I see you’ve not died after all.” I gripe, my mouth still full of grass. I don’t bother at all to chew and swallow before speaking, my eyes train themselves to her mouth again. Maybe I could make out more of the conversation the second go round.

html by Call
    [Image: Tioga.png]
    She’s a little disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm on Tioga’s face. I mean come on, they’re supposed to be friends right? And they haven’t seen each other in a while! The least she could get is a smile!

But she’s not going to complain. Tioga has always been an odd duck, a bit like Sahm. She’s not going to take it personally. The both of them are just odd that way.

“Same goes to you! Seems like you’ve even done a bit of growing!” She is admittedly a little jealous of Tioga’s height. Sidra is never going to be able to loom over people like that. It seems like it would be a rather useful trait! But there’s no use dwelling on it. Both of her parents are pretty short, so she has no chance of ever being tall.

“What’ve you been up to lately?” She rocks awkwardly on the spot, bursting with energy as usual. She doesn’t want to just stand here, making awkward small talk. “You know what … you wanna do something?” Her dark eyes seek out Tioga’s copper ones hopefully. “It’s been kinda boring here lately. We should get out somewhere. Have an adventure of some kind.” They could visit some of the other kingdoms, or some of the herd lands, or even some of the territories outside of Beqanna. “So, whaddya say?”

Sidra

Ugh I'm having trouble with her. Sad

I watch her still, lazily chewing at my mouthful of grass. My copper eyes fix themselves to her mouth, and I beg myself to make out the syllables. Faintly I can hear her, but only just. I know and fear that soon my hearing will leave me altogether, and I couldn’t be happier in a sense. I’ve accepted my fate in this aspect, there was nothing I could do to stop it, nothing I could do to prolong it. I gulp the last bite, blinking once but quickly. I couldn’t afford to miss a thing, and lately my eyes have adjusted for the skill my ears had surrendered.

”Ug, Sidra don’t remind me.” I frown at the mention of my height. I would gladly be deaf, but I could not stand the thought of holding any resemblance to my Sire. “I don’t want to be tall, not like him My eyes narrow, and I know that she knows to whom I refer. There was always one thing I had been jealous of, and that was the kind father Sidra and Sahm had. Not a cruel, unliked beast that had raped my mother. That had forced her to bear his child, unwillingly. I was a mistake, a plain and simple fact. Where she was born of love and trust, I was conceived in force. 

The suggestion of having some fun, struck me unsurely. It teased at the nature I tried my best to repress, the thoughts that found me that were..wrong. Sometimes I disgusted myself with things I thought about. I would squint my eyes so hard to attempt to rid my head of them, it never worked for long. I don’t want to seem awkward, even more awkward than I already am, so I nod. My patchy dial tugging up and then down as I agree. ”Yeah okay, why not?” I shrug trying to appear indifferent. “The Falls isn’t far, we could probably make it back before nightfall. Or there is the Chamber just east of that, you remember that ugly guy always bothering Reuen. He stays there, and the Queen is a witch I hear.” My interest carries me away with conversation, I’m itching to leave, wherever she chooses.

html by Call
    [Image: Tioga.png]
    Tioga is staring at her with an odd sort of intensity, but Sidra pays it no mind. Tioga is, as she already knows, a bit of an odd duck, and Sidra isn’t going to hold it against her.

She does grimace awkwardly though when Tioga objects to Sidra’s pointing out her size. She always forgets about Tioga’s father, probably because he’s never mentioned in general conversation. Which she can totally understand - if she had a father like that, she probably wouldn’t talk about him much either. Her head drops and her eyes stray to a particularly ‘fascinating’ piece of dirt. “Sorry.”

But the moment Tioga agrees to her little adventure, her head pops up, her little faux pas forgotten. She’s been itching to do something a little exciting for ages and having someone along for the ride, especially Tioga, will make it all the more interesting. Tioga first suggests the Falls for its closeness, which Sidra automatically chucks out the proverbial mental window. While she would like to visit the Falls someday (I mean, she’s gotta check out that waterfall at least once), the sleepy kingdom is not exactly the picture of adventure.

But then Tioga suggests the Chamber and she instantly perks up. “Yes, the Chamber! We should go there!” She remembers her mother once telling her very adamantly that she should never visit the Chamber. Which is probably exactly why the idea interest her. “I’ve heard there’s a heart buried somewhere, and that you can feel it beating when you’re walking around in the kingdom!” She grins, and prances on the spot. The more she thinks about this idea, the more she likes it. “Let’s go!”

Sidra

Do you want to post in the Chamber first, or should I? Smile