• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the howling at the moon; eld & soliel
    in the morning when I wake and the sun is coming through,
    oh you fill my lungs with sweetness and my head is filled with you

The skeletons in her closet aren’t really her skeletons. Her childhood had been a simple one, rather quiet and unobtrusive. The only thing that could truly cause her pain would be her mother’s death, if she was to ever remember it. Her mother had been killed in cold blood on the Beach at the hooves of a madman. She never knew that Raaquel had given birth right before she had died, that somewhere out there wandered a half-sibling. A brother that was undergoing a life far worse than hers. That was a secret that perhaps would never be discovered.

Despite being alone in her thoughts, she is no longer alone physically. She has a home, temporary or forever is unknown, but for now she isn’t homeless. And Ramiel is here, eager to assist her no matter what comes. It’s better than where she had been before. She does her best to push past her sadness and fear, to be optimistic in what’s to come. Instead she listens quietly to the names he lists, not surprised that she doesn’t recognize a single one. Shaking her head gently in response, ”No I can’t….” Slight hesitation, wondering if it was even worth mentioning or if he might just think her crazy. ”Sometimes I dream of a gray mare but I don’t know who she is. Probably isn’t anyone…” A nervous laugh, trying to shake off her embarrassment. ”You said you have a traded princess here? Why is that?” Distracting herself from her current lack of knowledge, she is eager to learn as much as she can. Slowly her legs fold beneath her and she sinks to the ground, unable to stand any longer. ”How rude of me, I never even asked about you or the Dale. Maybe a story would help jog my memory.” She smiles brightly up at him, feeling more like a lost chid than a grown mare. She needs to rest though and perhaps a story on the Dale might dredge up something that was once lost.

Soliel

can i be close to you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is the howling at the moon; eld & soliel - by Soliel - 09-29-2015, 02:45 PM