• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is forever [Any]
    CAITLYN
    She always had a pretty face, I wondered why she hung around this place

We can drive home
    with one headlight

I like this lady. I like the way she nuzzles my neck. I can’t help but giggle slightly despite what’s happened as I lean into her soft muzzle. She’s warm and smells of flowers. I really hope she’s my mom. I can’t remember being touched before although it must have happened, someone had cleaned her off and let her suckle in the dark. Unfortunately it wasn’t this mare who says she’s not my mom but could be. This doesn’t make sense to me and I look up at her with a tilt of my head. As far as I’m concerned, that basically means your Mom. ”Of course I want to go Mom, please don’t leave me behind again.”

Struggling to stand up, I finally succeed. Now Mom will see that I’m smaller than the average foal, that I’m not going to grow up to be very tall. Bottlebrush tail whirls excitedly as I stumble into her side, bumping my head underneath her and searching for something to eat. I’m very disappointed when there’s no milk to be had and even more confused than before. Mom might think I’m a runt, others might think I wasn’t meant to live. But I am. I’m a star child, just a miniature one. But I'll never grow at all if I don't get to eat.

My pretty painted one eyed Mom asks if I want a name. My hunger is briefly forgotten as I lean into her forelegs and look up at her with a smile. ”What’s my name!?” Of course I want a name, how can I go through life without one? Then I’ll be susceptible to cruel jokes and laughter as they tease the short girl with no name. No, please Mom. Tell me my name!

Carnage x Shirazzar
    Art by Lizavan Rees

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-04-2015, 02:49 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-04-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-09-2015, 01:35 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-09-2015, 11:32 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-12-2015, 12:51 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-13-2015, 04:30 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-14-2015, 07:56 PM