• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is forever [Any]
    fiasko
    Much to her relief, the girl does not seem scared by her appearance. A symptom of her youth and isolation no doubt - she likely hasn’t seen many other faces. She probably doesn’t know enough to recognize Fiasko’s face as something out of the ordinary, a monstrosity.

The relief on the girl’s face though … it near enough breaks her heart. She can’t help herself any longer, she steps forward and drops her nose to the girl’s neck, tentatively nuzzling her. She wonders how long it’s been since the girl last had anyone touch her.

Her heart sinks even deeper though when the girl reveals that she doesn’t even have a name. “Oh sweetheart …” What kind of mother would abandon such a beautiful little girl without even naming her? Unfortunately she does know the answer to that, but that isn’t relevant now. What’s relevant is that the girl is on her own, and needs help.

“I … I’m not your mom. But if you like, I could become your mom.” She feels so nervous uttering those words, but it feels right. Once upon a time she was rescued by a kind and caring mare who took her in, and treated her as her own. It’s only right that Fiasko do the same - pass it on, in a way. “Would you like to come home with me? I live in a kingdom called the Gates. It’s very beautiful there.” She can hear the girl’s belly rumbling - they’ll need to find her some milk soon. Fiasko has no idea where though. Her twins are two years old now, she stopped producing long ago. She vaguely recalls seeing Wichita with swollen sides during the winter - perhaps she has given birth and will have milk to share.

But they will have to leave soon. She doubts the girl has eaten recently and is likely weakening. They must find her food before she grows too weak to travel.

First though, to correct a mother’s mistake. Only if the girl wants her to of course. “Would you like me to give you a name?”
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-04-2015, 02:49 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-04-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-09-2015, 01:35 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-09-2015, 11:32 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-12-2015, 12:51 AM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Caitlyn - 09-13-2015, 04:30 PM
    RE: Nothing is forever [Any] - by Fiasko - 09-14-2015, 07:56 PM