• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me [Any]
    What Is An Ocean But A Multitude Of Drops
    She is, in short, exhausted. From her time spent at the battle grounds, to her rest period in the meadow, to her unexpected (albeit exciting) pregnancy, Astri is more than glad to be returning to a place she can absolutely call home. There was something … tantalizing about the way the Chamber drew her in. When her festive jade hooves cross the ever-watched border, she feels a peace she had never known before blanket her. Strange, that she should feel so attuned to a place that plots to steal children and brainwash mares. The green girl smirks, curving her neck to brush her lips briefly across her newly swollen sides. There was no need for brainwash or stealing where she was involved. What better way to serve her appointed kingdom than to fill it with chamber blood?

Her two-toned eyes flit amongst the trees, hoping to find companionship here in this place. It had been unjust for her to be gone so long, but duty comes first. The pine trees clear and the chill of winter blows down on the bare, grassy opening in the kingdom. With an audible sigh she lowers her head to graze, finally unwinding.
    astri
    yule x astrah

even a n g e l s fall

It dawns upon me, just like the spires of light that pour through the pines, like fine wine, filling goblets. The thought creeps across my mind, embedding like intuitive worms, that I do not share many companions. There is Straia, the raven Queen. Ever there, ever-watchful through the eyes of her black feathered pets. A monarch, an ear and perhaps, over the years some form of a friend. There is Killdare, oh, there is always Killdare. Be it in slivers of a blessed dream, of the throes of a sordid nightmare. But he, he is there. My Son, my life, my dear Vercingetorix. He is growing into a strapping young boy. One that makes me most proud. There are others. Brief conversation, respectful nods. Erebor. Kavi. Warship. Gryffen. to the newer faces of Michaelis, Kushiel and the older Gods, if you will of Atrox and Set. Ah, but there is something quite different when a girl shares the same hormones. The men just don't get it.

I'd noticed the green girl, she stands out far more in the greys and dark colours of winter's grasp. More so with the blossoming size of her barrel. I watch her through the pines, sapphire eyes twinkling like gemstones in the shadows. I had noticed her then, at the meeting. She pledged herself to the Chamber and for that, she gained something for me. A tweak of a smile touches my lips as I decide then to step out from the confines of the wood. Flinty hooves breaking a low cadence against the frostbitten ground.

'Astri, isn't it?' I remember names, the same way I remember faces. They are engraved upon stone in my mind; whether it be foe or ally, love or hate. They are there, forever remembered, forever revered. My ivory plume swishes behind, gracing my golden hocks as I near her. My barrel swings, the throb of life within. Oh, it is another boy, I can tell. He is restless, just like his brother, and impatient just like his father. As I close in upon the viridian mare, my eyes drift over her. She has scars where my skin is flawless. She has burdens that are carried upon shoulders, like soldiers, like warriors. For this, a peak of my proverbial brow is given but no more. She has my respect already for being one of the few girls to pick up arms. I fight with words, for sometimes, the silver tongue is sharper than any hoof.

'Come Spring it looks like the Chamber will be rife with pure blood.' I recall the talk of stealing children, of breaking mares, but there is nothing like blood born and spilled in and for the chamber, by worthy chamberlings themselves. I pull to a halt, on Astri's other side, tilting my head. My long, willowy legs are restless, as ever, and I cannot stand completely still. 'How are you fairing?'

engelsfors

advisor of the chamber

What Is An Ocean But A Multitude Of Drops
    Unlike Engelsfors, Astri has not had the pleasure of being influenced by any kin or persons of interest. She was brought into this world utterly alone, and up until this moment it had remained that way. Astri reasons that it’s better though, to be alone rather than led astray by trivial things such as affection or devotion, and she guides the direction of her life by instinct and habit. Perhaps that’s why she’s so detached from the rest of them. The green girl is void of feeling. “Correct.” she replies, letting her eyes rest on the palomino before she follows up with, “And you’re Engelsfors. I remember your promotion from the meeting.”

Her eyes watch the other mare carefully as she stops at her side. Astri is wary of any friendship - there is no one worthy of her trust. But the chamber is her home now, and Engelsfors is her superior, so she has little choice but to accept the strange company. Besides, they’re both up-and-coming mothers, and Astri is slightly curious about what to expect. “Glad to know that my little one will have someone to keep him company. No doubt i’ll be inadequate at this whole … tenderness thing.” She isn’t degrading herself, just being honest. Motherhood wasn’t exactly in the plans.

“It’s uncomfortable. That’s for sure. But I’m interested to see what it’ll look like.” She peers over her shoulder at her risen sides, thinking about the foals strange father. “Is this your first?” She queries, gazing back at Engelsfors.
    astri
    yule x astrah