• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Crown of Bone and Thorn [Any]

Beqanna wasn't at all like I remember as a child.  The lands were filled with hustle and bustle.  Of prying and mocking eyes.  There is a stillness now that reeks of desolation and despair.  It is quite lovely actually.

Now my leisurely stroll brings me into the heart of the pine forests.  The ravens above sound their usual alarm at my presence.  Sending the wild creatures of the land fleeing, or creeping nearer to sneak a peek.  I was more like them than the others of my species after all.

Holding my head high I walk with ease through the pine needle covered land.  My legs lift to carry me swiftly over fallen tree and branch alike.  The settling fogs swirl as I pass through them, dancing a ghostly dance.  A few more strides and my silver eyes catch a faint glow off in the far distance.  Curiosity turns my course and I head in that direction.

Eventually the trees break open into a scorched opening.  Burnt trees lay scattered about, the source of their demise clear as day.  A pine, fully engulfed in living flame burns brilliantly within the middle of the area.  I halt at the shadowed edge of the burn area.  My silver eyes vigilant as I consider just why a tree burns with an eternal fuel here.  There is another tree standing just beside it whose fuel had run out, the pair make an interesting duo of everlasting life and death.

My pause to approach is only brief, to gauge if anyone else was admiring the sight as well.

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

Open to any to respond!  Just checking out the entity tree Smile