• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Crown of Bone and Thorn

The journey back to the kingdom of pines is longer than it had been previously.  No longer do I levitate eerily upon the updrafts.  The feathered appendages I had once held awkwardly to my sides are no more.  Stripped away, my body feels lighter, more agile.  I am thankful for this.

I now move quickly under the needle filled canopies with a hunter prowellness.  Only fresh scars and dried blood remain where my wings once attached; a small reminder of my time in the forest with the dark God.

A meager price to pay

Within the shrouded fog of the kingdom, I seek to find any who may call it home.  What creatures would such a land hold to Her breast, I wonder.

My travels break into a small clearing and before me I find an interior water reservoir.  Movements stop as my silver eyes cast my gaze upon it.  For now, I simply watch it.  The still surface reflecting the blue-gray skies above, creating a wonderfully eerie effect.  If anyone were to live here, surely they will be coming to enjoy a refreshing drink at some point.

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn