• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  matilda & claudius

CASIMIRA

i’m only whatever you make me

The sight of the phoenix hummingbird had caused her chest to clench, and a wave of nostalgia crashed over her unexpectedly. It was a relief that something was finally being done, and that there was enough interest in bringing Tephra back. 

When Casimira had begun to make her way off the mountain she had realized that she was traveling close to two faces that were familiar, if only vaguely so — she knew them not only as a previous queen, but because she knows they are closely related to her brother, Nightlock. Nightlock and Wonder may not have always found themselves in the thick of Tephran affairs, but they had left their stamp on the volcanic kingdom in a different way, with their children and grandchildren decorated with flowers, antlers, and an affinity for wolves. 

Tephra had been far more than just a kingdom; it had been a home to so many different families, and the thought of failing them all again hung like a shadow over her.

“I heard a rumor long ago that some of the animals that once lived in Tephra have been hiding in the forest,” she tells her companions as they walk, her attention focused on the fortress of trees that they are making their way toward. “I didn’t dare to believe it, but I think it would be worth looking into. I think the mountains of the Dale would have been too harsh for them even though it’s closer to where Tephra had been, but maybe the forest has provided enough shelter from the elements that they’ve survived?”

Here, she steals a glance sideways at them, searching for any sign that they think the notion is ridiculous.

@claudius @Matilda here have a really bad starter for this quest thread