• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone
    ooc: i'm nearly asleep. so forgive me for this ya'll. i just wanted to get it up. XD

you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    It had been a long few days full of excitement and nerves. I had never expected for things to actually turn out the way I had intended. I had expected more of a fight from certain players of the field, but then again, sometimes change is what everyone is searching for. Especially when a kingdom lays dormant. Sometimes a small plan with so many possibilities and a change of rulership was exactly what a place needed. And it helped when the previous ruler accepted your plans and welcomed you silently from the back of the small crowd that surrounded you. It was when I had gained Eight's acceptance and felt the valley's hands wrap around me in approval that I knew the first step had been completed.

I, surprisingly, had taken place of the magician king. At first I had felt proud, and excited even. But then came the shock and the need to walk off the adrenaline that sped through my veins and caused my legs to become slightly shaky whenever I would come to a stop. And so I walked. Walked away from the group and into the trees, my glowing jaguar spots causing a soft glow around me as I stepped deeper into the forest. The voices began to fade as I moved even further away, the silence of the kingdom wrapping itself in a tender embrace around my graying and winged body. Tall and lean, I weave through the closely pressed together trees, headed nowhere inparticular until I see the see the tree line up ahead.

I can remember the first day I had stood on the other side of that tree line, looking up at the towering mixed pines and oaks as I contemplated stepping inside. The valley had called me to her, and for a few years I had spent wandering around in silence, watching and observing until I had crept out of the shadows due to the unnatural quiet. That quiet was exactly why I had done what I done. Even if others didn't agree, the moves he had made were done entirely for the valley herself. Not for own gain or benefits.

Finally I find myself stepping from the treeline and with quickening steps I spread my wings bringing myself to a quick run once I reach wide open space. It takes a few moments, but soon the wind currents catch under my wings and pull me up into the sky and towards the clouds. And I'm soaring. Drifting peacefully with the currents as they carry me towards the north. I have one destination and that is the neutral meeting place. It was time to meet more faces. Learn new names. Learn of new personalities. It was time to seek out the black sheep, the unusual, the different.

I wanted to learn more. I wanted to know more. It was almost a necessity. Ever since I had started this venture a small hunger to learn the world had grown inside the darkest pit of me and had slowly webbed it's way throughout my mind. And finally I was going to follow through and allow myself to start. It takes me almost all afternoon to peacefully make my way through the skies to the meadow and when I'm close, I allow myself to shift my wings just enough and begin to tilt my body weight to right.

And this is when I feel myself falling. Gracefully, of course, towards the frosted meadows as the cool breeze wrapped in a small winding hug around lean frame. Mane and tail billowed in the breeze as my hooves came to meet with the crunch of the grasses and with a few trotted steps I come to stop, a mess of spread wings and messy locks of hair surrounding my face. Shaking my head quickly I am able to somehow smooth out my mane and make things look at least halfway decent, though I had never really been concerned about my looks. It was hard to be when one was so differently spotted with the markings of a cat, but also when those markings glowed a bright orange and surrounded you in soft light.

Slowly I looked around at the small groups that gathered together and spotted the meadows of one of the largest gathering areas in beqanna and with slight curiosity I watch them all for a time before stepping away and turning towards the riverbank. I make my way slowly, letting the frosted grass brush against legs as my tail drags along behind me creating a dark green line amongst the graying green of the winter frost. And then finally I'm there. At the river's side, staring down at the deep blue waters that rush quickly and froth along the sides.

I'm so thirsty. It took one look for me to realize just how desperate I was for a drink and with quiet steps I move closer until finally I am able to lower my head and rest my lips against the moving water. Slowly I take small sips, my body trembling slightly as the freezing cold of the water chills my mouth and throat. Then I look up. And turn to look back at all the others, no desire to approach anyone just yet. I was enjoying my alone time after all the attention I had received due to my little plans. And finally it's time for me to let others approach. For the last year I had spent every interaction nearly being the one that made the time to approach others and strike up conversation.

So I close my eyes, and let out a small sigh before beginning to doze in peaceful solitude as I listen to the rushing waters of the river and soft calls of the black birds swooping through the trees in the surrounding woods.  

demian

carnage x adalind

this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Winter fucking sucks, and with her thin, hot and humid accustomed coat, Lagertha is loathe to leave the Jungle. Some part of her wishes that she could be like the other sisters, hiding away in the greenery and becoming a part of the Jungle in the way that only Amazonians can. Some sisters fall asleep and stay there, for decades at a time. They are protected and they are safe, kept so by efforts of descendants such as herself. She is happy to do it, and the General hopes that one day, should she decide to take the immortal nap for awhile, that other down the line will hold down the fort.

Lagertha needs to create that sort of Kingdom, despite the fact that she isn’t Queen.
    Which means that she needs to keep in touch with the outside world. The rest of Beqanna isn’t as bothered by the cold as she is. So Lagertha must be the iron woman that she is and suck it up.

Retaining heat is probably the only thing her wings are good for. Lagertha tucks herself away in the trees, dark gray coat and horns helping her blend in just a tad amongst the naked branches and rough-hewn trunks. She could probably have coated herself in something extra, but it makes her feel bulky and heavy. Unless the General is trying to impress someone (or is in battle), she doesn’t often use her trait. A horse covered in garnets, however… is quite a sight to behold. As is walking sandstone, or puffy, fluff-ball-cloud horse.

The rumblings of change in the Valley have yet to reach the Jungle, as their resident magician has once again fallen off the face of the earth. Lagertha has learned that she must take advantage of Prague when she’s around, because if you wait two minutes, she might disappear again. It’s ok. Magicians are odd creatures, as Demian probably knows as well. She’s keeping to herself, preferring to watch and observe for awhile, rather than jump right in. An odd colored stallion lands roughly in the middle of the frozen meadow, and his brightly colored spots draw her eye. They’re like Tantalize’s spots, but more… neonish. As if he was meant to draw the eye. Like her horns. They arc above her ears in sharp points - not quite fully grown, but impressive all the same. Her wings are negligible and she wishes she were rid of them now. But some things take time.

Lagertha’s dark eyes watch Demian walk towards her without actually seeing her, and then stop at the stream that bisects the clearing. Something draws her towards him, and she steps out from the cover of the trees - proud and gray and calm. A darker version of the winter sky. With a warrior’s confidence and surety, she approaches the lone stallion and stops at the other bank. Her breath comes in warm puffs as she watches him and yet says nothing. She is a mare of few, but direct and blunt words.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general
    " you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing. "
    "Staring isn't always looked upon as proper," Slowly I opened my eyes to look across the small river to the other bank and quickly found the woman I had sensed. It's odd how another creature staring at you could make your hair stand on end and cause your senses to explode into awareness. I had waited a few minutes, continuing to doze until I finally chose to acknowledge the fact I knew she was there. "But then again, who am I to say one way or the other?" Chuckling dryly I tilted my head slowly, observing the way she stood in silence.

It didn't take long for me to notice how her body was painted a dark gray and marked with a tattoo in the design of vines creeping up her legs towards a rose placed across her chest. "You're an amazon," I said as I stepped into the ice cold waters, barely reacting to the shock of the temperature. Being a tundra born I had gotten well enough used to cold temperatures that they did not bother me too much. They may hold a small bite, but it was never much enough to cause me to shy away from them. And so I welcomed the cool water running against my legs as until I stepped up onto the bank.

Stepping up next to the gray mare I continued to walk, circling behind her until coming to a stop on her other side. I did this purposely, so that I could see what she saw as we exchanged our pleasantries and danced into conversation. Sometimes you didn't always have to hold eye contact with the one you were speaking with. I had come to learn that a long time ago. "So why are you here instead of basking in the warmer temperatures of your jungle?" Glancing over at her I let a smirk curve at the corners of my lips.

Like it was with the amazons, the news of their own changing of the throne had not yet traveled to the valley. So here stood a new king not knowing he stood next to a new queen. And it was probably one of the most uncommon situations they would both ever find themselves in. "I'm Demian. I hope you don't mind that I crossed over to bother you. I mean, you were staring at me... So I saw it as a sort of invitation."

demian

carnage x adalind

[time jump to no wings!]

this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha isn’t really… proper. I mean she is. But she isn’t. Polite, sometimes? Poised, but not in the beauty pageant princess sort of way. In like a - I’ve got my shit together and don’t care what you think - way.

She, too, chuckles dryly. “I just like seeing how others react. Adds to the big, fierce Amazon thing.” Really, it’s the horns that do that She doesn’t comment on how akin his spots are to Liz’s - not yet - though it is what initially drew her to him. The winged stallion steps into the waters that divide them and she tilts her head to the side, watching him cross over to her. Well there wasn’t exactly an invitation, but if there is to be a conversation it will be easier this way. “Yes, I am.” She is not quite ready to reveal that she is the newest Queen, because friendships and relationships should not start out that way.

Lagertha must become less insular, if only to benefit the Jungle (and herself, of course).

A small shiver runs through her, as if to emphasize his words. “Warriors don’t get cold, obviously,” she says sarcastically, moving a couple of steps to the side as she leans down to rub a sudden itch around the base of her horns against her left foreleg. The constantly growing things were also constantly itching. They were, however, also awfully useful for scratching other itches on various parts of her body. As long as her neck can crane around, the tips of the horns can usually reach them. It’s nice. “But in reality, I can’t afford to be lazy right now. The world stops for no one.”  Not even the immortals. It’s a coy enough response, open to several interpretations and further questions.

She pauses and then continues, genuinely curious about the stallion. He smells of the Valley, a place she has never been and knows little about. The news of his ascension has not reached the quiet depths of the Jungle, though someone will hear murmurings and bring the information eventually. “I’m Lagertha. Now, I should ask you the same thing. You’re from… the Valley?”

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian khaleesi
    i scrounge in the dark, digging up old memories of you and me
    "Is that right?" He smirks slightly, chuckling with amusement. "Does that ever work? The whole big, fierce amazonian thing?" With a quirk of his graying lips, he turns to look at her, his smirk changing into a soft smile. He truly means no harm by his teasing and he silently hopes she knows it. The leopard stallion didn't wish to cause any ill-feelings between himself and the amazonian woman. Slowly demian traces the features of her face, studying her expressions until finally he finds her still growing horns. The way they are new, not yet having reached their maturity tells him they were most likely a gift from the amazons, which of course make the gray mare in front of him a general of the war caste. He refrains though from letting her know of his observation just yet. For a while though he lets the silence linger inbetween themuntil she confirms his first thought. "I had a feeling... And that's where you got your horns? I would assume they are a symbol of your being a general of war." The jaguar king had intended to hold off longer than that, but as he had come to learn, things didn't always tend to go as planned.

Watching her, the way she leans down to itch her legs with her horns is an almost relaxing movement and slowly he allows himself to relax a bit more in response. Chuckling softly at her words, he shifts his weight slightly away from her and nods slightly. His voice is full of good natured humor, proving easily that he enjoyed the amazonians company. He knows that her statement had been sarcastic, but he didn't see a problem with continuing the conversation with a bit of humor... For so long he had avoided simple conversation full of humor and sarcastic statements that led to soft chuckles and bright eyes, with face traced with lines of amusement. There was never much wrong with humor filled conversation but they were always so rare nowadays. most were too serious. Determined to complete their little missions as though it was all they lived for. Though one could easily say that was to be expected with the air full of a building unrest.

"This is very true, it does not. And now is an important time as ever to be on top of the things in which need one's attending to." His words are thoughtful as he replies to her statement, and slowly he turns his head to look out at the gathering groups. "Change is coming. At least... I can feel it. Can you? It's floating in the air as though waiting for someone to trigger it. It has been quiet for much too long." It's funny how change siting patiently on the horizon could bring forth the smallest of signs that could be easily noticed and felt if one were willing to take the time to pay attention and observe their surroundings. "Though I'm not sure what exactly it is that's coming. I don't think anyone does." The talk of change makes him slightly uneasy, but it quickly shakes him out of his reverie when she finally introduces herself and she mentions the valley and his being from there.

It is then the growing change in him activates. It's as though the mention of his kingdom sparks alight the fire within and as he blinks, one moment his eyes are of their natural form, the way they ware meant to be. And then his eyelids lift and in place are a new set of eyes, ones made solely of cosmic fire. Blue, yellow, green, purple. The colorful flames dance around in his eye sockets, occasionally licking at the corners. His vision as the same as always except for a bit of flame tracing at the corners. Slowly he looks back at Lagertha, smirking as the flames dance around the outline of her face and along the corners of his vision. "Yes, the Valley is indeed my home." Unblinking, the flames continue to roll and twist around in his sockets and the different colors mix together in a quick dance. "You should come see it sometime." He rolls his shoulders in a slight shrug before continuing his offer. "It has probably as many trees as the jungle... It's just a tad bit cooler, not as colorful and we don't hold home to many exotic creatures."

demian

A cheeky half-grin flashes across her face. Ah, she is caught. “Usually only on children and the impressionable. Should have seen my tattoos….” A part of her really misses the marks, the way they intertwined in that intricate design down her nose and across her chest. A fake set of armor, before she got her natural armor formation. But the horns were a nice touch, weren’t they? All sharp and pointy and useful for stabbing enemies, she imagines, though she hasn’t used them in a battle yet. Lagertha wonders if she will ever get to use them – ruling and everything that comes with an active kingdom often leaves little room for playtime at the mock grounds. And which one of her Sisters would be willing to fight the Khaleesi?

“Yes, for being a General. Though we need a new one now… it is hard to find time to be both a great General and Queen.” And now the cat is out of the bag, for better or for worse! Lagertha figures she could be a good General, or a great Queen, but to be both would be stretching herself, even with immortality… unless Prague feels like giving her the ability to replicate herself. Which just seems like a bad idea all around. The Jungle – and the Sisterhood - deserved better than a half-hearted attempt at ruling.  She shrugs and looks to his brilliantly colored wings, and wonders something along the same vein. “And are your wings a gift for the Air Force, or were  you born with them?” She shudders a little big in a fake ‘blegh’ moment, continuing. “I had them for awhile…. Flying is interesting, but they were too much for the Jungle. Hot and always getting trapped in the greenery.”

Even now, she sometimes feels that her horns get caught on too many things. And the bugs! Always full of bugs! It took a lot more maintenance than this army girl had the patience for. She shouldn’t complain, though. Horns were better than no horns right now.
    There is a moment of quiet between the two of them, now that things got serious. Is it some sort of prediction or does he know something she doesn’t know? With any change of monarch comes a period of uncertainty – will the alliances stay or go, what will the new attitude be? Her reign will be very different from Scorch’s she thinks, but that’s also partially because Lagertha hadn’t inserted herself into every nook and cranny of Beqanna, and she wasn’t looking to place and keep her family in power. “Change is good…” she begins, before pausing slightly, wondering if this is the correct choice of words. “As long the Jungle ends up on top.”

Blunt and to the point. Almost always. She’s about to say more when his eyes light up and get a little freaky. Now, powers are nothing new to Lagertha, but she likes to know what she’s dealing with. “You’ve got something in your eyes, Demian. But I’ll show you mine if you show me yours…” You see, Lagertha doesn’t have a Valley contact, and she’s decided that this brightly colored stallion and she are going to be decent friends, kind of like her and Crito. She always makes better friends with stallions. Probably because she is basically asexual and doesn’t take any bullshit. Which is also conveniently useful for being Khaleesi.