• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A God's Creation

It is strange here, on this solid ground.  My body feels heavy, like dead weight.  It is not the weightless fluidity I was used to in the waters.  It takes a moment for me to adjust, to breathe.

It is in that moment that one appears.  Soundless, weightless.  Much like the fogs that cloak the seas from time to time.  The sudden dark image startles me and an instinctive reaction shifts my weight to my backside.  The swift change, to weakened limbs, tumbles me back into the shallow brackish tide.  Hocks buckle and I stagger to save myself from falling, all while trying to process what it was that had caused such a chain of events.  Reptilian eyes try to focus as I collect myself once again.

Hello. Welcome to the Chamber.

I shake the tousled black threads from my view as I process the spoken words. "The what? Chamber?"  Of all the lands in Beqanna this one I did not recognize by name, but I had never been one to join in on the politics of the kingdoms.  I had also been gone for quite some time.  My weight shifts along the cobble stones of the beaches and I decide it best to remain wallowing in the shallows in case I must retreat much faster than my legs could function right now.  I am cautious of this unknown being, his dark mass and yellow eyes both cause suspicion and curiosity to stir within me.

Have you been here before? 

My mind mulls over the question of the stranger and I consider both possible meanings, to me.  "Hardly," I reply simply.  My eyes judge the situation and character for what it seems.  Dark figures do not simply appear from the shadows for good reasons.  I know this trick all too well, though only when the creature within me takes hold.  Now it whispers caution and unlike most times I listen to it.  The hunter knows when it is being hunted.  

"And you? Have you been here long?"  My voice is more angelic than his by far and I do not dismiss the grin that plagues his face.  Had circumstances been different I may have been the one pursuing the creature before me, luring him into the depths of my ocean home.  Singing sweet melodies of guaranteed bliss, but that is not me today. Today I seek something else, though I am unsure yet of what -or who- it is...

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@ jamie
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Messages In This Thread
    A God's Creation - by Deiti - 01-31-2024, 10:12 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by jamie - 02-02-2024, 11:19 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 02-03-2024, 08:48 AM