• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  help me hold onto you, beyza
    Beyza
    She’s lingered here in the Dale since that day she had wandered in. There is something about this place that sings to her of possibilities. Perhaps she would have felt the same if she had wandered into any of the other lands, perhaps it is just a coincidence and nothing even remotely resembling fate. Whatever it is, it is both exciting and calming all at once. It whispers to her of a life, that she can still begin any time she wishes and the past does not need to be all that she is.

Beyza does not need a reason to stay but she fabricates some anyway, as though expecting her presence to be questioned (though why she expects this, and who she expects to be interrogating her, she cannot say). The most common excuse for lingering ends up being spotted one day as the sun sets - and a genuine feeling of joy lights within her when she recognizes Ryatah down by the lake.

Seeing the angelic mare here brings the similarities between this place and Hyaline into sharper focus. The terrain around them is rockier than it had been but it is easier to believe that this place was somehow born of that other kingdom, easier to think that they are there now as Beyza moves with enthusiasm along the shore of the lake.

Although being blank-faced is her natural state, it is effortless for Beyza to maintain the smile as the distance disappears and it adds warmth to her voice. “Hi Mom.” That word comes naturally now, and is much lighter on her tongue than that first time she had spoken it - teleporting into Hyaline covered in Gale’s blood. She was so fortunate to have three parents who loved her and it is so strange now to think of how she had distanced herself from that fact.

When she reaches out to bump her muzzle against Ryatah, she gets a strange feeling - like something has changed.

But as they stand here, among so much change, she is not yet sure how to pull apart that sensation and voice it. So instead she lets it simmer in the back of her mind, and instead asks - “Have you been here before?”

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 03-27-2023, 10:07 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-02-2023, 08:15 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 04-07-2023, 11:28 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-16-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 05-31-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 07-30-2023, 06:24 PM