• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

luminous beings we are [any]
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

It seems that the rightness of the Gates is not a sensation exclusive to Myrna. Skywalker feels it too, and though Myrna takes a step back to avoid the buffet of the girl’s celebration, she does so with an understanding smile.

She knows that she probably would have acted similarly in private (and still might), and there is something nearly as bright as the Gates about seeing someone else so jubilant.
    “Wonderful!” She says, and there is no doubt in her sparkling eyes that she means it: “I’d like to share a home with you as well, Sky.” Myrna is not expecting the admission about Skywalker’s family. That, too, strikes a familiar chord, and she finds herself reaching out to brush her muzzle against the girl’s shoulder. Though she is far from ready to speak of her own issues, especially so frankly, there is empathy in her blue-grey eyes along with honesty when she tells Sky: “I’m glad that I met you too.”

The palomino mare manages to stifle the yawn that Skywalker’s triggered, but it is a near thing and she smiles at herself for it. Familiar with the ways of children, having younger sisters of her own, Myrna glances up at the sky and supposes that - yes, it is about time for youngsters to settle down for the night. It strikes her, as Sky sidles a little closer, that in choosing this place as her home and Sky as her companion, that responsibilities must come with it to. Tonight, it seems, it is her task to spin tales.

Fortunately, that is one she quite enjoys.

“Once upon a time there was a filly born right here in the Gates. Well, maybe not right here -” she paws the ground, “- but somewhere around here. One day she would grow up and become my grandmother, but first she was a girl much like you.” (here is where we pretend i know a fun story about Baby Agetta that Viszla tells Skywalker, but really I will ask Squirt for one)

Messages In This Thread
    luminous beings we are [any] - by skywalker - 03-23-2023, 05:15 AM
    RE: luminous beings we are [any] - by Viszla - 03-24-2023, 10:06 PM
    RE: luminous beings we are [any] - by skywalker - 03-27-2023, 05:29 PM
    RE: luminous beings we are [any] - by Viszla - 04-24-2023, 06:18 PM
    RE: luminous beings we are [any] - by skywalker - 05-07-2023, 02:56 AM
    RE: luminous beings we are [any] - by Viszla - 05-07-2023, 07:52 AM