• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And breath me; any

Home sweet home.

The pale buckskin is a smudge against the layout of the Gates but October had sworn her allegiance from the days she had laid by the side of Sariel. Her love for the past king had imbedded deep in her heart but the Gates kept her a willing captive. Long are those days gone, the memories just on the edge of her memory like a drifting perfume of lovers past.

October moves, the slight tug of a smile blossoming on her dark lips as she feels the thud of hope moving the blood that flows through the vessel. ’Thump thump…thump thump’, ever present, ever flowing but things are different know. Gone are the familiar scents despite knowing ever inch of the land yet October is at peace.

She feels the breeze tug at her dark mane and it’s a gentle reminder that she has made it home after so, so long. A hopeful smile fully blooms on her lips as she takes a breath of sweet air. Life, THIS life, has been blessed upon her again to make things right. To make herself whole once again. To serve the Gates and redeem her past transgressions.

-sworn to the gates
    i'll burn your name into my throat, i'll be the fire that'll catch you.
    He spreads his wings and yawns like a housecat grown bored with bathing in some sunlit windowsill. Things seem to have settled once again. From the mountain’s peak, he can spot foreign lands newly rebirthed to the north and south. He tugs at the memories he devoured from his ancestors, but there is only faint recognition scattered here and there - nothing meaningful, nothing that sets his soul aflame. With Tephra gone, he supposes he should investigate. The family will need somewhere to settle once again.

Crowns crouches, then springs off the mountain face. The wildflowers of springtime are certainly nothing new to anyone, but he finds himself drawn to the field of lavender engulfing the hills of the southern kingdom. It’s so quiet in these strange new lands. He so hates the quiet. It always feels like something great just waiting to be awoken. Whether that something is terrible or beautiful is a mystery with little meaning to him.

With a tuck of his wings, he glides to the ground, sending petals rushing up into the air in his wake. The soothing scent of the flowers coats him quickly. His sisters may like them, and there’s a shore in the distance where they could swim. He tilts his sapphire head as he takes it all in a while longer. Then, a short ways off, he spots another body standing amongst the hills. Crowns folds his wings against his back and makes his way closer to her.

You look quite at home here,” he observes. “Do you think it’s always like this or is it just the season?

@ October

She had some time to take in the soft sway of trees, the freshness of an ancient land seemingly bright and new to the creatures that emerge. October should be dead and gone at this point but the magic that lay beneath the wrinkles and roots kept her blood pulsing and her eyes wide open.

The blue catches her attention as the shadow spreads over her own form but it is a welcomed sight that there was another in the Gates. He navigates easily to the ground as October follows his painted form, she herself a boring burnt orange, but his wings are fascinating! The honey eyes woman can only hope to openly stare. And his coat? BLUE! How curious!

"Well, I think I always have been here in one way or another. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I even got here now...I do hope I'm staying...the Gates have always been my home." October politely tears her eyes from the other as she doesn't want to stare too long for perhaps (as she was beginning to grasp the concept of something has happened) this was the new Beqanna normal? Either way, "I'm October", a quirky smile touches her dark lips as she returns her eyes to meet his gaze. "Have you heard of any other lands returning? I wonder if so since the Gates are awake again. Think you'll be staying?"

-forever of the gates