• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  What is peace?
    What would an ocean be
    without a monster lurking in the dark?
    Rezza has no interest in bringing war - not anymore, at least. She should, of course. Oh what a traitor she feels like trying to stop a war rather than win it. That has been her whole life, more than a century of trying to win an unwinnable war. Yet she was trained as a diplomat, one admittedly well versed in the art of war, but was her job not ultimately peace? And if so, she had failed time and time again. Her job was, at the simplest, to advise the Queen, which she had done well and faithfully for her tenure. But now? Now the Queen was sick, her son was not yet King, and Rezza felt a bit like the only Baltian who actually cared to do anything at all. That was not actually true, but that didn’t change how she felt about the whole situation.

They could not find a way to fight Stratos here without involving the innocent bystanders of Beqanna, a thing Rezza could not truly fathom doing, so someone else may bring the fighting to them regardless. It was strange how life here had shifted so much of Rezza’s perspective. She had tasted peace, a thing she has never known in over a hundred years, and it tasted sweet. It tasted of lazy afternoons spent in the coral garden with her daughter, like freedom from fear and uncertainty and constant vigilance.

It tasted like a new Baltia.

That was a dangerous thought, one Rezza couldn’t voice aloud to anyone. Not her daughter, certainly not her Queen or her General. Not to this stranger who introduces herself as the leader Rezza is seeking. Ryatah mentions that she has yet to meet anyone was Baltia, and Rezza smiles playfully as she responds, “Well, then I apologize that your first introduction will be me.” A joke, clearly. Rezza is not unpleasant, and certainly far better company than the Queen or Helice.

Ryatah’s next statement is not unexpected, though still, not what Rezza had hoped to hear either. There must be a way, but as new to the shores as she was, she knew too little of this land to be of use. So if she cannot right it, at the very least, she can do her best to make sure Baltians aren’t seen as the enemy (though there’s no hint of that in this mare, at the very least). ”What I saw of your land before the Cloud Fairy’s storm,” she says, lingering on that word, knowing it is far to simple a word to convey the chaos that came from it, ”was beautiful. I hope to get the opportunity to learn more about it.” And that was not just some diplomatic platitude. Rezza would always love the sea first and foremost. She was made for it, and it was her home, but she has enjoyed her time on land far more than most Baltians and probably far more than she should have.

”I was afraid that might be your answer. If anything comes to mind later, know that I will do my best to set things right. In the meantime, perhaps I can offer insight. Are there questions you have?” Rezza imagines there are probably many, though perhaps Ryatah has already found a source of information in Stratos. She isn’t sure, but she can offer anyway.
    REZZA

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    What is peace? - by Rezza - 10-24-2022, 11:06 AM
    RE: What is peace? - by Ryatah - 10-31-2022, 01:57 AM
    RE: What is peace? - by Rezza - 11-11-2022, 02:30 PM
    RE: What is peace? - by Ryatah - 12-05-2022, 01:46 AM
    RE: What is peace? - by Rezza - 01-05-2023, 09:41 AM