• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I don't wanna talk about the way that it was
    Malik bobs his kingfisher’s head quickly, the movement serving both to express his laughter as Paj Mia splashes toward him in the water as well as to keep him balanced on the swaying twig on which he perches. The beak he points at the spotted mare is as dark as the rest of his feathers, their patterning a miniature replica of the faint markings of his equine shape. His eyes are the same as they’d been as well, a pair of mismatched beads: one electric blue and the other brilliant orange.

He watches as she plays at trying to climb the tree in which he perches, and as she does he flutters down a branch. Closer - but still not near enough to touch, and he chitters out a pleased kingfisher chuckle. It feels nice to win, but the weight of the game in his favor as well as the endearing way Paj Sia blinks up at him soon has the black bird landing in the water as a black horse once more.

“I’ll stay a horse,” he says, amusement coloring his voice and turning his usually dour expression into a smile. “And even give you a head start.” Malik uses his head to gesture in a ‘thataways’ direction. Like he had told Paj Mia, it has been a long time since he played, but he still remembers some of the rules. “But not too big of a head start.”

@Paj Sia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't wanna talk about the way that it was - by Malik - 12-30-2022, 07:39 AM