• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I don't wanna talk about the way that it was
    Malik does not find the smiling mare frightening, but he does appreciate the distance that she keeps between them. It feels polite, and her innocently happy chatter reminds him of his younger sisters. She’s on an adventure, Paj Sia tells him, which explains why she’s here. And perhaps why she is so happy, as well, being new to the magical realm.

He nods at her explanation, wondering where the cheerful spotted mare had come from, and deciding to ask her once it’s his turn.

“I imagine they’re probably over that way,” he gestures, tilting his horned head toward the east. That was almost the last direction in which he’d seen his mother, and truthfully his younger sisters might be wandering anywhere in the Pampas.

“There was a storm a while back. It destroyed much of Beqanna, including my homeland of Hyaline. My mother and sisters came here, so I did as well.” This time his gaze turns toward the north, where the highest peaks of Hyaline are drowned beneath the sea.

“Where are you from, Paj Sia?” He asks when there is a break in the conversation. His expression is curious, if a little less enthusiastic than the brown and white mare. “I’ve heard of places outside Beqanna, but I’ve never been to any. I’ve always lived here.”

@Paj Sia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't wanna talk about the way that it was - by Malik - 10-25-2022, 09:02 PM