• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  would things be easier if there was a right way?
    The eyes of an osprey are its best sense, but the crunch of nearby greenery beneath heavy hooves is impossible to miss. Myrna turns her beaked head toward the noise, and the blue-grey orbs of her avian eyes narrow in a suspiciously un-birdlike way.

Her gaze finds an unfamiliar horse moving through the Riverlands toward her.

Myrna’s head tilts to the side, the stern shape of her osprey features hiding the uncertainty that might show on a different shape. Her few encounters with those outside her family have not been overwhelmingly pleasant. This stranger is a large stallion of rich coloring, and he wears the same exhausted look that so many Beqannains do these days. But is there is something deeper there?

Before she can decide, he sees her.

She tenses visibly, crouching lower as if in preparation to launch herself into the sky. But she does not immediately take to the air. He’s speaking, and it is rather hard to hear when flapping hard in take-off, and her confidence in her ability to escape allows her time to listen to what he says.

It’s his name, and an apology for bothering her.

That’s a better start than she’d expected, she must admit to herself. Though she doesn’t reply immediately, she does slowly straighten, no longer poised to flee, and turn her head to regard him more fully. This osprey shape is not a good one for scents either, so she has only her eyes to assess the stranger - Hackjob.

“Hello.” she finally replies. That her voice is the same regardless of the shape she takes is some trick of magic that she does not understand. Perhaps there are worlds where ospreys talk in normal voices, but at least in Beqanna, the ability to do so is indicative that such a bird is not really a bird. But perhaps he knows or suspects that already, since he’s talking to her at all.

“You aren’t bothering me. I was just…” Her voice trails off, because she’s still not entirely sure what she’d been looking for. “I’m Myrna.”

@Hackjob
    Ooc: oh not at all, sorry it took so long to get a reply up! and yes, it is! I use whatever i’m currently listening to as thread titles haha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: would things be easier if there was a right way? - by Viszla - 10-11-2022, 06:49 AM