• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  would things be easier if there was a right way?
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

Hackjob has found himself wondering yet again. His legs had grown restless, as had his mind. She was there again. Her laugh, her smile, the way her name fell so delicately from her lips. The dappled green stallion was sure he’d outrun her, sure he’d buried the memories so deep that they would never be able to claw their way back out. But claw they did. Ripping him apart from the inside out, the hurt resurfaced. And so he did the only thing he knew how to do, he kept moving. With every ache and burn that shot through his trembling legs, he trudged forward to forget. Or to push himself to the point of complete exhaustion and hopefully just drop dead. Whichever happened first, he had no preference.

When his cloudy gray orbs finally focused on his surroundings, it was no surprise that tired limbs had brought him back to the forest. Afterall, this was the first land he had stumbled upon in this strange new place. His gait began to slow, legs buckling beneath him. ”This isn’t helping..” his mind scolded him. That’s when he heard it. A rustling sound, coming from his right. Curiosity taking hold, his hooves followed his ears robotically. In his brief time in this strange place, Hackjob had met a small handful of other equines. Memories swelled of Famkee, the beautiful horned creature who had informed him that not everyone here was as they seemed. Of course, Hackjob thought his emerald coat was quite unique, growing up he had only been told it was sickly and strange. But unique nonetheless. Until she spoke of the creatures soaring through the sky, or dwelling in the seas.

As he neared the sound, hooves planted firmly in the soil beneath him, his halt so abrupt a sharp breath escaped his parted muzzle. ”Oh, um…” he stuttered. Before him was not an equine at all, but a large snow colored osprey, only tainted by the hue of blue on its shoulders. Normally, Hackjob would leave the bird be. But this place was full of uncertainty, and his mind was racing. Was this simply a creature of the sky? Or was it something else entirely? Something he had never seen before. Given his track record so far, assumptions were not to be made. ”Erm, I’m Hackjob.” He managed, his voice echoing with a depth he had not anticipated. With a dip of his head and a gentle smile forming upon his velvety lips, he pushed on. ”I’m so sorry to have bothered you.”

@ Viszla 
    ooc: hope you don't mind me jumping in! Also is that thread title from Someone New? I love Hozier (:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: would things be easier if there was a right way? - by Hackjob - 10-04-2022, 09:11 AM