• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

Enthralled. That was the only word that seemed appropriate for the feelings creeping way through his body. He continued to watch her intently, her eyes and horn glowing with a strange intensity that could not be ignored. The tiniest twinge of her brow, or curl of her lip allowed him the shred of confidence he so desperately sought. There was no doubt in his mind he was being pitied. Or perhaps the mare was simply bored. Regardless, it was the longest he had spoken to anyone in what felt like eons of solitude. Equally confusing and relieving, he felt his body lighten. Muscles still on guard began to relax. Attempting to be discrete, he shifted his jaw, unaware of just how long it had been clenched.

Though it seemed faint, she seemed to enjoy his honesty in regards to her horn. A quick chill breezed down his spine, though the cause he could not identify. Springtime was always one of his favorites, the air always so crisp and life sprouting again. Winter brought death and decay, but spring was always there to heal. Healing was a process he had disregarded, at least in terms of himself. His jaw nearly dropped to the floor when she mentioned equines flying. His eyes followed her gaze upwards, lost in time for a moment at the thought of someone like himself with wings. Running was easy, but flying away from your problem? Well that seemed too good to be true. Then again, he’d never stumbled upon anyone with a protrusion sprouting from their head like a sword, so who was he to question any of this. She went on to speak over sea creatures, which made him pause to think. All of his life, Hackjob knew he was different. Many dappled creatures had crossed his path before, but none like him. None the color that had deemed him names such as ‘sickly’ and ‘cursed’. Maybe, just maybe, here he would be normal.

He remained silent, soaking in her words. Then she called her horn a weapon and he scoffed. ”A weapon sure,” His voice rumbled. ”But you must admit, it makes you something different. Sometimes that’s the best thing we can be.” The moment the words left his mouth he internally cursed himself. What the hell was he saying? The stallion was not the type to be inspirational, or whatever you could call the words that flooded through the dam of his lips before he could stop them. With a subtle shrug, he inhaled deeply and was grateful she was speaking again. He sounded foolish.

”Sounds like a pretty horrid storm…” He found himself glancing around again, trying to imagine the sort of weather that could rip this place apart. Part of him wished he had arrived sooner. If only he could have disappeared, the sea tugging him down until it consumed him whole.

A new beginning the words fall from her lips and he finds himself relieved. For once, she seemed to offer up something a bit more personal. Something he so desperately understood. Though he pretended not to notice the swell of her breath catching in her chest, he found himself releasing his own. Hearing his name come from anothers mouth felt foreign, almost surreal. A hesitant step forward caused him to jerk his neck back in surprise, his eyes narrowing with curiosity and, whether he’d admit it or not, excitement . Of course, it was followed by her bold and very accurate presumption that he was running. Being called out struck a nerve, but he found himself feeling emboldened and took a small stride closer. ”It seems we’re both very skilled sprinters then. Neither of us seem to have run far enough.” The words were more for him than anything. There would never be far enough, safety is unattainable when you’re the reason you’re seeking it. ”I also seek a new beginning…” He paused briefly before once again allowing words to spill out that were meant to be under lock and key. ”I need freedom. Or a chance to remember what that words means.”

@Famkee

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-27-2022, 05:38 PM