• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  sometimes tension brings us closer

so i had done wrong but you put me right
    my judgement burned in the black of night

Areane hasn’t slept much of late.

When she closes her eyes, there is the storm that she barely escaped, rattling and raging and driving her to the brink of exhaustion, intent on pushing her past it. The storm has long past but her fatigue has not. She had taken shelter the previous night in a cave, and even when her amethyst eyes had finally closed, the flash of lightning strikes roused her again and again.

But it hadn’t been another summer squall.

It had been bright bolts of lighing against her blue-black coat, like she herself might have been a thundercloud.

(Her skin flickers now, as uncontrollable and as wild as the gale near the Mountain had been. It happens at random, and despite day or night, rain or shine, it continues to happen, much to her dismay.)

Thankfully, it is a spectacle that is harder to see in the daylight, and as Areane walks, the onyx pegasus only glitters in the early morning sun. Her wings open slightly to shake away the last of her sleep (what little there might have been) from the evening before, and as she makes her way towards the River for a refreshing drink of water before the sweltering summer heat sets in, the young female spies another in her vicinity.

The stranger is very pale, so much so that Areane almost mistakes her from afar for one of her missing family members: her twin, Starros, or her parents, Tarian and Altissima. But where they all seemed to share a similar shade with the moon or the stars, the coloring on the other mare is different. Slightly golden, a hue that seems akin with the watery daylight beginning to filter through the trees. Knowing that her lack of sleep and her worries of where the rest of her family has gone (as well as Tephra), she means to give her usual perfunctory nod and keep moving, determined to find her own way in this strange new version of Beqanna.

That familiar glint though, and suddenly it comes; she remembers seeing the paleness of that coat against the dark, bruised color of a thunderhead.

"I know you,” Areane realizes aloud and then begins to promptly turn around. "You were there. In the storm.”

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    sometimes tension brings us closer - by Viszla - 07-30-2022, 03:56 PM
    RE: sometimes tension brings us closer - by Areane - 08-04-2022, 06:07 PM