• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Hiding from conversation comes naturally to Gale. He would have preferred physical distance, the solitude that space provided him. Pretending to sleep wasn’t the best way to avoid attention on a sunny spring riverbank in a land full of refugees, but Gale has always been cursed with awkwardness when it comes to dealing with most others.

Though Gale had been rather verbose before being Cursed, he had never been much good at the other parts of socializing. He tends to stare (with eerily electric eyes), and forget where he is going even as he speaks aloud, lured away by an enticing thought.

The navy creature has almost forgotten that he’s pretending to be asleep (might even be drifting into a dream; it is not as though he sleeps much at night anymore) when the sound of a voice - of his name - startles him back into reality. His eyes open, and fix on a calm dark gaze

The crooked knots of immortality and morality makes discovering the scope of his actions while Cursed hazy, even with his memories returned. He knows he’d ripped open that glowing chest, and left her lightless body in a dark place. Nothing like the bright river here, he thinks, and glances toward the water and watches as it glitters beneath the afternoon sun.

So many of the magics he had wielded while Cursed seem impossible now, beyond his scope even if he dared try. What had that dark place even been? Had she died? How had she escaped?

It seems as though he will not answer, but at last finally turns back to the angel and asks simply: “Would you like me to leave?”

There are a myriad of better things to have said, and for once he shows restraint, keeping expression from his face as he holds back the flood of everything else there is to say.

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i dont know how to take it away from you - by Gale - 07-31-2022, 07:33 AM