• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll reach out my hands in the dark - famkee
    Famkee knows this smell. It welcomes her with open arms of annihilation, the air is stiff with it, death, desolation. Only just arriving, she begins to wonder if she's cursed with cataclysm, she leaves her home desacrated by famine, loss and collapse simply to discover tragedies on the skyline. Winter loses it's grip on the land, and for a moment Famkee looks to the trees still mostly bare, striken in their hibernation, the faintest signs of life budding the extremities of the branches. Spring brings rebirth, a miniscule light on the horizon in the darkness that consumed the continent. 

She can see it in his face, riddled with uncertainty, disconnected from the world around him. Famkee finds herself frown at his vagueness, "it might as well be." he says as she badly longs for some kind of answer as to why plumes of destruction permiate the breeze nearly burning her nostrils from the inside, why the worry remains imbedded inside the stallions gaze. 

Hyaline, he finally says coming from his mouth in unfortunate events, Famkee wants to pry, ask what happened but his steady attempts to turn and leave keep being squashed by her questions. She watches him carefully, gaging his reactions thoroughly, she knows he doesnt particularly want to be here, collecting and conveying thoughts that frankly look too fresh, the tragedy ebbs its way onto his features, unsightly on the stallion who would much rather suit a smile. 

"What happened here?" She says, softly almost under her breath, in fact she's afraid of what he might say, if her brother was here did he survive the decimation, or was he even here at all. Both seem equally as frightening in their insertitude but its only when he reveals he too is searching for a lost sibling does her thumping heart faulter. They have more in common than the mare ever thought possible in these moments, four eyes, four nostrils and eight hooves would certainly cover more terrain, briefly Famkee thinks of positive outlooks of their spontaneous meeting and it battles the cons circling her mind in the background. 

"Your sister, when did you see her last?" She doesnt know her, nor does Famkee think she cares but maybe if she shows some shred of interest, the stallion could be of use to her in the long run. "My brother, he's my twin. Years ago my home was destroyed by famine and war," She pauses, unsure if she should even be saying any of this, but hopelessness chokes, strangles her fear. "i lost everything, everyone i knew." Her features endure the emotion, failing to waver from numbness to it all, but inside she's lurching at the oppritunity to produce any leads she can, any strings she can pull at.  Her eyes relish the uncertainty bridling her irises with a fiery gold that glows, burning piles of ember. 

"Looks like I'm meant to relive my nightmares." 

@Malik 
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll reach out my hands in the dark - famkee - by Famkee - 07-19-2022, 02:45 PM