• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[complete]  I have presents
    The little fox's grin is ever so pleased as horses start to approach him. He seems genuine in his desire to give gifts. Maybe he doesn't realize that his pile of trash is probably not another man's treasure, or maybe he's just very good at pretending. You can't be certain.

The first, a young purple stallion, gets the longest gift. It looks like an old, dried out piece of bamboo. Bamboo? Where'd the fox even find bamboo? Well...here it is anyway. "Enjoy! he says, before turning to the next taker.

The second is a mare, brown and blue and kinda scary. He digs through the pile, rummaging until he comes out with a dripping wet pile of seaweed. He hands it over with a pleased grin.

The bat one (also kinda creepy) comes third, and he pulls out an...um. Honestly, if you are a horse, you won't have a clue what the little fox is trying to give you. It's an umbrella made from large leaves and sticks, but what horse would have any idea what its purpose was? Still, he looks pleased as punch even if he's mildly insulted that she thinks he wants something in return. "I don't want anything. It's just yours. I hope you like it!"
    Fourth is a winged stallion who also seems concerned that there's a catch. The little fox glowers slightly but then perks up as he goes back to digging in his trash pile. The gift he pulls out is a rock that looks mostly like a rock but if you squint, kind of like a hand grenade. "Yes yes, free free." He says with a vigorous nod as he hands it over.

Then, a tiny little thing that's not actually quite a horse yet (she's mostly just legs and ears so far as the fox can tell) arrives. He plucks what is decidedly a ball of hair from the pile and hands it to her. "Present," he mimics back with a playful smile and a wink.

Then, two more, one with a bird and one without. The parrot is clearly more interested in the gifts than the mare with him, though he's a little too interested for the fox's taste. He shoos at the bird, trying to get him off the pile of presents, but he plucks a nearly translucent stone from the pile and offers it to the bird in a gesture of goodwill (or good riddance, maybe). The other mare actually appears to want a gift, and so, his pile dwindling, the fox fishes out what looks like a small collection of scales from waht was once probably a lovely fish. He hands these over with a grin.

"That's all!" he says when there are no more horses and no presents left to give. Without warning, the little fox and his pile of trash disappear, leaving you standing there with your strange present and an even stranger feeling of creeping magic in your stomach.

Congrats on being brave! Your very awesome presents give you some strange and funky traits. You must use your newfound traits in at least 2 threads, and then you can keep using it for as long as you feel inclined or throw your present away and get rid of the trait. You can also choose to keep the trait and it can be genetic - if you want it forever and ever, post on the updates board.

@Link - Uncontrollable Bamboo Creation (uncontrollably causes bamboo to grow around him)
    @Claudia - Water Drops (constantly drips water when on land)@Dretch - Emotional Rain Cloud (a rain cloud appears over her head whenever she is sad, upset, etc. The cloud may or may not rain on her.)
    @Kestrell - Glitter Bomb (whenever he sneezes/coughs/make sudden movement/or similar, a small glitter explosion erupts from his body)
    @ceris - Cat Sounds (sometimes meows instead of actually speaking words)
    @Sintra - Uncontrollable invisibility (will randomly become invisible, usually at the most inconvenient times)
    @Gilda - Stone scales (will periodically grow scales in small - or large if you wish - areas on her body, though these are strangely red and itchy and may be filled with puss)

Messages In This Thread
    I have presents - by Random Event - 04-01-2022, 09:08 AM
    RE: I have presents - by Link - 04-01-2022, 01:30 PM
    RE: I have presents - by Claudia - 04-01-2022, 07:26 PM
    RE: I have presents - by Dretch - 04-05-2022, 01:38 PM
    RE: I have presents - by Kestrell - 04-07-2022, 10:37 PM
    RE: I have presents - by ceris - 04-08-2022, 08:10 AM
    RE: I have presents - by Sintra - 04-08-2022, 12:29 PM
    RE: I have presents - by Gilda - 04-08-2022, 12:57 PM
    RE: I have presents - by Random Event - 04-08-2022, 01:16 PM