• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious
    BUT I HOPE I NEVER LOSE THE BRUISES THAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
    She watches him from the corner of her eye, trying to gauge his reaction to this place. She is only a little bit familiar with the land he had come from—after all, she hadn’t been there for long—but it was enough for her to know that it was vastly different from Beqanna. Not just in scenery, but the entire culture, and she was never sure how he was going to take things. The Taigan trees were beautiful, for example, but they could also appear suffocating, with the way they could blot out the sun and sky, make you feel as if you are trapped beneath an ocean of tree-limbs.

But Voro looks upon the place in admiration, and again she feels that flood of warmth in her chest. Showing him Taiga had felt like showing him a more personal part of herself,  and she wonders if she will ever stop fearing his rejection each time she does so.

When he says that he will stay wherever she stays it feels as though what remained of her guard finally falls, and she stares at him searchingly for what may have been too long.  She is still standing close to him, still able to feel the occasional brush of his feathers against her side, and she can almost see herself closing the gap between them entirely—can see herself pressing into his side to see what it really felt like to have his body pushed against hers. But despite her inability to continue to deny her feelings, she has not yet found the courage to act on them.

Not completely, at least.

Reaching forward she touches her nose to his neck in the same gesture as she had before, offering a small smile when she tells him, “I will show you all the places in Beqanna that I can think of, and then we will decide where to stay, together.”

She is distracted from their closeness at his question, and she falls into a thoughtful quiet as she considers a way to explain this to someone that had been created in an entirely different world. “Not exactly,” she starts slowly, and shifts away from him just slightly. Perhaps this would be easier if they aren’t touching. “In Beqanna, no one is just….created. I mean, you are, but it involves your parents. Your parents create you, together, and then eventually you’re born.” She pauses, turning her vivid colored eyes to his, and trying to ignore the heat that threatens to creep into her face. Why was this so difficult to explain? “Does that make sense?”
    A I S L Y N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious - by Aislyn - 03-29-2022, 05:30 PM