• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Kill List | Obscene

I see us written in the Stars

It’s still odd to see the fae Prince here, in Taiga. Now and again Cheri would catch herself lingering over an entire moment; instances arose where something else captured his attention so she was able to observe, from a quiet and contemplative place in her mind, all his regal glory. She never could picture him here before. Somehow the dark, despairing woods just didn’t suit a prince of flowers, and Cheri always saw him blending into the darkness - like the shadow weaver clans - instead of standing out from it.

But now that he’s here, with her, Cheri was quietly amazed at how the change of scenery did him perfect justice. Nothing could suit him better, she thought.

His lover felt the warmth of a welcoming kiss on her cheek and sighed prettily, writing off the clicking sound of Ob’s scales as something natural. The truth of his snake-shifting abilities had been revealed during their encounter with The Curse, (the shocking image of Tantalize in Gale’s treacherous grasp still flashed through Cheri’s mind whenever she was reminded of that fateful day) but it didn’t bother the slender pegasus.

Her many encounters, conversations, and teachings with Ledger, the bear-shifter stallion, had prepared Cheri for the reality of that situation. Whatever was going on inside Obscene was a complicated matter, and unless he felt like the situation was out of control then her interest would remain casual, at best.

It’s all but forgotten when she snorts, lightly, at his notions on rank. “Please don’t make me cringe,” The green-haired pegasus dropped her ears, faux annoyed, “Champion is fine with me.”

A taunting expression cracked her facade. He was (of course) referring to a fond memory of hers, one where he’d pissed her off so much that her present and past selves clashed to give him a full timeline’s piece of their mind.

“This was my home, yes.” She relented, rubbing herself up and under his chin like an overgrown cat. It was more convenient for him to preen her like this, and Cheri had a rather large plume of softly glowing feathers that were begging to be smoothed. Penance, she thought with an evil grin in his direction, for being saucy.

“But now it’s our home - our fresh start. The previous caretakers of these woods were Guardians, her hills and valleys belonged to free-roamers and small clans.” She took a heavy breath. “I never wanted that. Never wanted just this place. I wanted to see the world, to learn its secrets.”

I wanted to be so much more, she withheld.

Settling comfortably in Obscene’s embrace, Cheri allowed the crashing northwestern ocean to fill the void of conversation. She felt at peace despite the blended grays of sky and sea, and had the rapture of another’s warmth to keep away any frigid chills. Things were not ideal, but in the same sense they were better than she could’ve ever imagined.

She let that sink in, picking up where she’d left off after the silence stretched tolerably on.

“It’s past time for a change, and I don’t think Aela was jumping at the opportunity either.” She teased relentlessly, chalking up his new position to a default win. A rather villainous sort of glint lit her eyes on fire, and a wicked laugh accompanied the sharp look. It was almost too easy to be herself with him, she realized.

Before the thought ran away with her, Cheri changed track.

“Come,” she made to walk downshore - more for the sake of activity than anything else, “you owe me a nice dinner, and then afterwards I’d like to practice some new magic I’ve been working on.”

She was determined to keep him busy tonight, hopeful that the weight of his troubles might be lifted for a brief while.

“You can tell me all of your future dreams and plans over food, now that you’ve taken charge my Lord.” Cheri smirked, eager to see what new creations he could manifest for them this evening. The bounties Ob produced since they journeyed from the Ruins had been wild spreads, and Cheri had quickly adjusted her tastes to the lush meals her Prince provided. A few more months and she’d be spoiled, craving them as much as she craved him.

Nonsense, her heart proclaimed, nothing held a flame against the way he made her feel when they were caught alone, and the teasing turned serious.

The appaloosa mare danced a few steps away, enticing Obscene to follow with a suggestive sway of the hips and elated by the idea that their night had only just begun.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-03-2022, 07:46 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-03-2022, 09:59 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-06-2022, 11:30 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-07-2022, 06:39 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-15-2022, 09:38 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-15-2022, 10:52 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-24-2022, 09:18 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-27-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 04-07-2022, 09:43 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 04-10-2022, 01:22 PM